• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sam Newman's comments on Mitch Clark

Moneider96

Lumumba hasn't be awesome, but he has been solid and we missed him on the weekend, so at this point in time, Lumumba for Clark was another WIN for our recruiting/trade department.

Maybe not on field yet but don't underestimate Lumumba's off field leadership and experience. Only have to look back to the Hawthorn game when he picked up Garland off the ground and put his arm around him.

Clark's off field antics swayed a few teammates and coaches off side.

• Like 7

hmmmm wouldn't be so sure, from what i have heard from very reliable sources, it was a bit each way.

Our sources must have come from the same bloke.

Lets just say Paul Roos opened the door for him on the way out.

• Like 2

What's the injury? Has he re-injuired the foot?

Or is it that recent calf injury?

Re-injured his calf.. most likely could miss the rest of the year.

My personal opinion in all this is i think Mitch should have stayed retired. Going by his recent facebook depression post is that his mind is clearly still not in the right mind frame and still struggling with the AFL pressure. I don't know what he was trying to prove because physically his body was always going to let him down. His calf and ankle were completely shot and when your coming back from 2 years of no football and given his age aswell he was always going to crumble again.

I have no pure hatred for him as some on here do. At the end of the day he is still human and his health is important. If he was still in red and blue we would all be slashing our wrist over what a big waste of money he has been with all his injury problems.

At the end of the day we made the right decision and Lumumba has been a massive win for us.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 4

I'm over being angry at him. We beat the cats on their own turf, and truth is it was probably best for all parties he leave. His state of mind still isn't right.

• Like 4

My personal opinion in all this is i think Mitch should have stayed retired. Going by his recent facebook depression post is that his mind is clearly still not in the right mind frame and still struggling with the AFL pressure. I don't know what he was trying to prove because physically his body was always going to let him down. His calf and ankle were completely shot and when your coming back from 2 years of no football and given his age aswell he was always going to crumble again.

I have no pure hatred for him as some on here do. At the end of the day he is still human and his health is important. If he was still in red and blue we would all be slashing our wrist over what a big waste of money he has been with all his injury problems.

At the end of the day we made the right decision and Lumumba has been a massive win for us.

And this sums it all up. Well done DD.

Good luck Mitch (being sincere). He no longer plays for us, we have Lumumba and a cheating Bombers team to embarrass on the weekend (touch wood).

CASE CLOSED, CLOSE THREAD.

2549061-0413716418-judge.gif

• Like 1

The whole saga is sad

But God dam he made a lotta $$$ out of it!!!

How many games since he was in Brisvegas

He has done alright

Is there a point in being so snide? He was a player who gave us his all, one of the few when we we were down... He's career has most probably been ruined by injury which I imagine will affect him post football. Do I have to remind you that he got that injury and depression with the Demons? I'm sure that if he didn't get injured he'd be earning a lot more. It's not like he came to us and just sat on his ass doing nothing.

The way that Demon supporters acted towards him personally made me feel embarrassed to be grouped as a demons supporter.

• Like 1

regardless of his mental health issues, the issue has always been that he did the wrong thing by our club

that much is clear and always has been

there is no way you would be up on your pedestal being mr.magnanimous if he was fit and firing and kicking 6 a week for the cats

now that we've lost nothing it's safe for you to again change your sails and take this position

but it will never change the fact he did a big number on our club and for that I am happy it has gone [censored] up for him

don't forget we lost a pick 12 in addition to the millions of dollars we wasted on him

• Like 3

regardless of his mental health issues, the issue has always been that he did the wrong thing by our club

that much is clear and always has been

there is no way you would be up on your pedestal being mr.magnanimous if he was fit and firing and kicking 6 a week for the cats

now that we've lost nothing it's safe for you to again change your sails and take this position

but it will never change the fact he did a big number on our club and for that I am happy it has gone [censored] up for him

don't forget we lost a pick 12 in addition to the millions of dollars we wasted on him

Few points.

I wouldn't be on my pedastal because i always had the thought his body was always going to fail him. In late 2013 early 2014 pre season he had a string of soft tissue injuries that would just plague him for the rest of his career. He will never play 22 games in a year. I had the inkling back then he would battle soft tissue injuries but didn't want to really believe it because at the same time i was excited about the Hogan Clark combo.. turns out that never happened either.

Another point as i pointed out him leaving was a blessing in disguise. We got H Lumumba out of it and Clark is injury riddled.

Its completely irrelevant now that he did a number at the club because if he had stayed you would be carrying on and whinging like you are now on how he rarely gets on the park and what a waste pick 12 was.

End of the day we didn't lose anything out of Mitch Clark leaving so i don't understand the fuss.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2

What dreamworld do you live in? You mean he gave us his all right until the moment he knifed us in the back? FMD

I'm guessing you're one of the those blokes who believes that depression is a mood and can be changed on a whim? He didn't think melbourne was the best environment to continue his football career. I, too, was annoyed that he didn't want to be at Melbourne but understood that it could be the best for his health to move clubs. What more did you want him to do? Let me remind you of a few things he did.

- He forfeited his earnings for this year (possible some of last)

- Got us some form of compensation when he got traded

If Nathan Jones can get around him, don't you think that maybe he's not the big bad wolf that everyone has made him out to be?

FFS we just had a tragedy last week. Do I need you to remind you about the sentiment that life is more important than football that was going around on the weekend. Would it make you feel better if he stayed around and you woke up one day to find out he was no longer with us?

• Like 4

I'm guessing you're one of the those blokes who believes that depression is a mood and can be changed on a whim? He didn't think melbourne was the best environment to continue his football career. I, too, was annoyed that he didn't want to be at Melbourne but understood that it could be the best for his health to move clubs. What more did you want him to do? Let me remind you of a few things he did.

- He forfeited his earnings for this year (possible some of last)

- Got us some form of compensation when he got traded

If Nathan Jones can get around him, don't you think that maybe he's not the big bad wolf that everyone has made him out to be?

FFS we just had a tragedy last week. Do I need you to remind you about the sentiment that life is more important than football that was going around on the weekend. Would it make you feel better if he stayed around and you woke up one day to find out he was no longer with us?

I'm not sure it's appropriate to suggest that CB would prefer Mitch Clark dead. Nor do I think it's appropriate to use the recent tragedy to further your own agenda. Regardless, my view is that if Mitch Clark wasn't 'mentally stable' (for lack of a better term) enough to continue at Melbourne, then he shouldn't have continued his AFL career at all. If Mitch Clark was willing to work in a high pressure environment like the AFL, and subject himself to the pressures of the media, then there is no doubt in my mind that he could have continued at Melbourne. If he had expressed even the slightest desire to repay the faith the Melbourne Football Club showed him, then he would have had the support of thousands of fans, including me. Instead, he chose to leave, and that is why I have zero respect for him.

• Like 5

Its not about Clark leaving us he was gone whether he went to geelong,or not, he should not have played on, his doctor gave the wrong advise, his advise should have been to pick another career path, and if he wanted to stay in football then maybe coaching, i believe he thought that if he went to a strong team that would help his depression, but that was stupid thinking, i don't think his doc would have told him that would help him.

• Like 2

He has stuffed geelong now, and don't worry the geelong fans will soon hate him.

They can try and hate him, but I seriously doubt that society will let them.

Blokes like Clark are the heroes of the world we live in, they are considered strong, brave and courageous.

Forget those that get burned along the way. I reckon he'd be a good fit pairing up with Belle Gibson.

• Like 1

If ever we needed reminding of the dangers related to mental health issues what happened in the Walsh home last Friday was incomprehensibly tragic.

I am in no way comparing that to the Mitch situation. Simply saying mental issues take people to dark, dark places and no-one knows how those issues might play out.

Its possible that some/many of us would have a personal connection to a situation where a person's mental health issues resulted in tragic consequences for them or people close to them

So, I feel it is time we all found some compassion for Mitch and let him deal with his issues with privacy and dignity. We can't control what the media do or idiots like Sam say but we can control what we write in this forum.

I would like to see our moderators shut down this thread.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3