Changes for Round 2

Nasher

Vince has to come back in. reading in the paper today he tore it up yesterday for casey.

I think we also need Dawes. Our forward line would look stronger with hogan watts and dawes up there but Frost doesnt deserve to get dropped.

This is why Roosy is paid the big bucks to make these decisions.

lol this Biffen guy is off his trolley

Hes enteratining me though, so not complaining :)

You need to get out more Hogan's if that's your entertainment for the day.

Perhaps a class on spelling and grammar wouldn't go astray either.

I agree with the consensus on Toump out and Vince in. I think that's a fairly obvious move.

Dawes is a problem. We don't want to mess up the balance by dropping a mid for a KPF. It has to be a tall for a tall. Which of our talls deserves to be dropped to make way for him? Our defence was superb yesterday, so we don't want to mess with that. Frost could be outed, but he rucked as well and Dawes can't do that. Jamar can't ruck the entire game (not that Frost is that great an option, but at least he give s a contest). I really don't envy the selectors with this one.

In : Vince, Dawes

Out Toumpas Kent

To complete the balanced side. Frost goes To the bench.

Vince and Lumumba share the wing and HBF

Dawes and Hogan swap FF & CHF

Salem to go to HFF

You need to get out more Hogan's if that's your entertainment for the day.

Perhaps a class on spelling and grammar wouldn't go astray either.

My spelling and grammar are great, I am just a lazy typer

Thanks your concern though little fella

lol this Biffen guy is off his trolley

Hes enteratining me though, so not complaining :)

More than I can say for you !!!

My spelling and grammar are great, I am just a lazy typer

Thanks your concern though little fella

Why would you assume he is little?

You are just lazy in thought and deed.

• Like 1

Why do people wanna drop Kent? he almost got knocked out in the first few minutes and spent a quarter on the bench then came on to do some beautiful things

He stays, hes way to good and dangerous to drop and hes way too good for VFl level

I don't think anyone wants to drop Kent, per se. I don't want to drop anyone; it's just the recognition that there are two players easily in our best side who are available next week, and *someone*, no matter how unlucky, will probably make way.

Ok I'm harsh on Cross.

But I'll be harsh on old players who regularly butcher it.

Toumpas is going to make errors but I can see he can kick a drop punt.

I can't see why anyone could complain about jkh.he has great skills.precision.

Stuie- you may ask about my drug intake for my anti cross tirades .

All I can say is it's still never enough to understand you bro!

You're sweating the small stuff. Coaches least worry about the odd skill error if effort and decision making is good.

Cross brings others into the game, always gives effort and makes good choices.

It will be his last year and he won't play every game, but the club will be far better for having had him.

• Like 3

This could be the first time ever that we have to drop a form player from a winning side.

GWS is a smallish side like GC so on paper that implies that we can again go small and quick like them.

But the game is in Canberra which is not a massive ground, so we can lose an outside player because there won't be as much room for outside players.

Dawes is in the leadership group and I'd hate to be playing on him at a ground like Manuka, so mark him down as a certain inclusion.

But he won't be coming in for Frost because he is a mobile big - just look at all his tackles - and we have spent most of the pre-season grooming him to play as a back-up ruck and in case you forgot, we are playing his former side.

So In: Dawes. Out: Toumpas.

The question is whether Vince gets in, not Dawes.

Bernie may be lucky and replace either JKH or Kent because of where the game is being played, not because JKH or Kent did anything wrong. Brayshaw is another option, but it would be a tough call given he acquitted himself so well. Whoever it is will travel to Canberra as the 23rd player.

Spencer and Gawn are unlucky given they dominated for Casey but neither can break in this week, although I suspect Spencil will also make the trip with seniors as the 24th man.

And Matt Jones and Grimesy will be given game time this week - in the VFL.

R we playing in canberra.

If Canberra is a small ground, then that certainly brings Vince even more into frame. maybe for kent or garland if injured.

if Dawes in, Frost could go down back for a match for Garland 'if injured

its great to be able to ponder the positives..

I guess injuries and match ups will tell the story.

Frost will stay in as the forward ruck so if Dawes comes in then it may be for JKH, Kent or Vander...they all played their role yesterday so would be stiff to be dropped back.

Toump looks the unfortunate one for Bernie if he's right to come in.

I would prefer to see Brayshaw start rather than be the sub.

If Garland is injured then it's more likely that Grimes will come in for him, I can't see us bringing in another ruck and pushing Frost back.

• Like 1

JKH did some very nice things yesterday. He plays on quickly and generally makes good decisions under pressure.

I'm almost leaning towards just the one change and leaving Dawes out. If it ain't broke etc.

It's Dawes' own fault he wasn't playing yesterday. If he has to wait for his return he can have no complaints.

JKH did some very nice things yesterday. He plays on quickly and generally makes good decisions under pressure.

I'm almost leaning towards just the one change and leaving Dawes out. If it ain't broke etc.

It's Dawes' own fault he wasn't playing yesterday. If he has to wait for his return he can have no complaints.

I feel the same 'P-man' but I do think he will come in. Haven't had a look at the match ups yet but JKH may be the unfortunate one, he certainly would make it a hard call for selectors though.

Ok I'm harsh on Cross.

But I'll be harsh on old players who regularly butcher it.

Toumpas is going to make errors but I can see he can kick a drop punt.

I can't see why anyone could complain about jkh.he has great skills.precision.

Stuie- you may ask about my drug intake for my anti cross tirades .

All I can say is it's still never enough to understand you bro!

i don't think it's your drug intake, biffo at least not quantity

but as you are too tight to use the services of a decent compounding pharmacist, you should at least check the quality of your raw materials

trusting a letter from a chinese drug manufacturer is not enough as asada found out

• Like 1

We always have trouble when teams go tall against us and Jamar was patchy. GWS is quite tall and I think another ruck option is important. gawn did a good job for Casey yesterday. Gawn and Dawes to come in and Toumpas and unluckily Cross out. It is a long time since wehave had to make tough selection calls.

Who does the shut down role on $cully?

If he is not minded he has the track record of wreaking havoc.He can't be left alone to roam the ground or he will just clean up.

I am not sure we have a match-up for this bloke. He's quick, ruthless and goes in hard. When on his game, (and that is all the time), he can cut through a pack with ease.

With the AFL food prices being reduced Phat Phil will be going all out. If left unattended, expect all food stalls to be cleaned out by midday.

I suggest those going to the game to bring their own food, (padlocked when possible)

Oh

Toump out

Vince In
  • Like 2

We always have trouble when teams go tall against us and Jamar was patchy. GWS is quite tall and I think another ruck option is important. gawn did a good job for Casey yesterday. Gawn and Dawes to come in and Toumpas and unluckily Cross out. It is a long time since wehave had to make tough selection calls.

Jamar was a key reason Melbourne started so well.

He was all over Smith early on.

I reckon Dawes and Vince in, Watts to spend more time up the ground on the wing, Toumpas and JkH both out, and Brayshaw as the sub.

Watts finally has a role that perfectly suits him/team and you want to change it ? No thanks.

• Like 2

Dawes must play. Mumford is murdering the Saints today and giving his talented mids first use of the footy. He will require working over from our a number of our bigger bodies.

Russian will be our most important player next week. He must try and nullify Mummy around the clearances and try and spread with him. Frost will be important here, which means we will require Dawes' height up forward.

• Like 3