Changes for Round 2

Nasher

Cross is a hack- no better than Mckenzie.

There I said it.

Gald you got that off your chest!!

As the season goes on Roos may use him as a 'super sub' in the same way the Bulldogs used Giansiracusa or keep Cross just for Vic games, to preserve his energy. But a hack, Hell no!

• Like 1

Vince will probably come in but maybe for an injured player (there's nearly always at least one injury)

Dawes might have to wait a bit but again, if we have at least one injury, he'll probably get a guernsey - our 3 talls in the forward line worked well together and they also worked well with the crumbers, so why would you change that?

I wouldn't be pushing Frost into the backline in a hurry - our backline worked nicely together as well so again, why change the make-up? Match-ups against the giants might decide things.

Toumpas only had 27 minutes of game time for 6 touches compared with Kent (66/10) & JKH (81/13) so I'm not so sure he's such an obvious out. I'll go with the consensus with Toumpas making way for Vince (if there isn't an injury) but we need to look at how Roos often uses his sub - last year, a couple of players (especially Salem) had 3/4 weeks in the role

And then there's the old adage of never changing a winning side. Today's win was a tremendous team effort so we could see a "no change" decision. I don't believe next weeks selected side it's as cut and dried as some might think.

• Like 2

Such a hack that he won a B and F at the Doggies and represented Australia

Was also one of our best today and all last season

PS . You're a fool

Tread lightly Hoges. Biffen maybe is many things - procurer of women, drug abuser, alcohol abuser and, as he has just demonstrated, a polemicist of rare skill. He is most definitely not a fool!

• Like 1

Tread lightly Hoges. Biffen maybe is many things - procurer of women, drug abuser, alcohol abuser and, as he has just demonstrated, a polemicist of rare skill. He is most definitely not a fool!

ok fair enough lol

Also no way JKH or Kent are dropped, silly suggestions.

Both had multiple plays that directly resulted in goals to teammates. They are creative architects of the play.

• Like 1

I am not sure that players should be dropped! It is a long season and maybe we should rotate key players when they need a rest from niggles. That kind of policy will mean that players will still feel that they are being chosen to play on merit and for the good of the team.

Our mids were terrible .

I'm not kidding. Jamar wins many taps to his feet but they get the clearance.

Cross is a messy disposal expert.

The third quarter was crap .

Obviously a wins a win but Cross is not the answer.

Cross out

Vince in.

Toumpas was terrible at times also.

Face fact you delusionals.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, no changes, make Dawes and vince bash the door down

Dawes adds further pressure and provides yet another BIG forward option which will definitely stretch really good teams defensively much less Greater Western Shizen!

Vince also a must!

Toumpas in first quarter when Kent was being assessed was like a bunny in headlights, needs to go back to Casey for an extended period and play ON BALL to learn some grunt!

For Next week and although JKH did some useful things I think it will be

Vince for Toumpas and

Dawes for JKH pending a sore Garland!

• Like 1

Our mids were terrible .

Cross out

Vince in.

This must be Curry and Beers alias account

• Like 2

Our mids were terrible .

Cross out

Vince in.

Crossy was rusty. I wasn't happy with his 3rd quarter. But he was running to space, taking marks and using it well enough in the last quarter when we needed him.

The midfield won't be better by removing Crossy at this stage. Maybe when Vince is in peak fitness then Jones, Vince, Tyson, Viney, Lumumba can carry the load around young/inexperienced players but now is not that time.

Crossy was rusty. I wasn't happy with his 3rd quarter. But he was running to space, taking marks and using it well enough in the last quarter when we needed him.

The midfield won't be better by removing Crossy at this stage. Maybe when Vince is in peak fitness then Jones, Vince, Tyson, Viney, Lumumba can carry the load around young/inexperienced players but now is not that time.

I thought Cross was sensational today !! Anyone else share the same view? A very wise head who controls and asseses situations well and plays to advantage. Kicking was somewhat "Iffy" but Im sure he would be amongst first picked in "Roosys" team!

• Like 11

Vince for Toumpas, Brayshaw to the sub is the obvious first choice.

Finding room for Dawes is harder but at this stage I'd say it's JKH. Kent and Vanders probably just did a bit more.

I thought Cross was sensational today !! Anyone else share the same view? A very wise head who controls and asseses situations well and plays to advantage. Kicking was somewhat "Iffy" but Im sure he would be amongst first picked in "Roosys" team!

Somewhere under sensational but a long way from terrible for me, he just seems a little less composed with the ball than this time last year. No where near being dropped though. Not if we want a hard edged competitive gut running midfield.

he was excellent and i had him in my votes

This Biffen guy knows nothing about footy

• Like 1

Cross is a hack- no better than Mckenzie.

There I said it.

I must have a very different definition of the word hack. Cross is an absolute gun and a very valuable team member. Are you saying this with tongue in cheek Biff? If so, I have taken the bait.

On Cross, I know many disagree but,

I think he is a battler at best .

He is not getting any younger.

Jkh has that thing called skill.

Cross doesn't .

Toumpas made some errors but he can play.

Vince is an automatic selection if fit.

Jamar taps it to his own feet- why has nobody from our team figured this out ?

Jamar is also on the way out if we are to be going places.

Ok Here's a thought, Dawes for Jamar and ruck Frost and Dawes alternately!

???

I feel a little dirty giving this idea any oxygen, but here goes.

Jamar was crucial to victory today I thought. There is no way known you could go in with your proposed setup. Frost is new to the craft and Dawes has said himself that he's not suited to rucking. It's a recipe for disaster.

• Like 6

Ok Here's a thought, Dawes for Jamar and ruck Frost and Dawes alternately!

???

Haha no. Against Mumford and sons. No thanks. Jamar frustrates, but like an opening batsmen who doesn't score but blocks out the morning session he has his value. Dawes can't jump, can't ruck.

Dawes will prove his value at CHF leading up the ground and creating space for others. Hogan can then play closer to goal. Frost will just buzz around the forward line defensively and might even have a run in the backline temporarily. Watts and Vandenberg will get great match ups to use their marking against, it will just be a matter for them to keep getting involved more up the ground.

• Like 1