The thread anticipating a thread that Jack Grimes has been named an emergency

chookrat

Because he's a fantastic clubman and a very highly regarded leader of the club.

My prediction is Jack Grimes wont be a demon next year. He will be targeted by a top 8 side and we will be forced to take a late second round pick in compensation,

The top 8 side will gain maximum benefit for all the years of development we have put into Jack. He will at long last be recognised as a fantastic person, an outstanding leader and as a footballer a tough hard competitor that wins his own football in a pressure cooker environment.

Compared to Melbourne where the bitter angry old men continue to trash the club and our players from within.

My prediction is Jack Grimes wont be a demon next year. He will be targeted by a top 8 side and we will be forced to take a late second round pick in compensation,

The top 8 side will gain maximum benefit for all the years of development we have put into Jack. He will at long last be recognised as a fantastic person, an outstanding leader and as a footballer a tough hard competitor that wins his own football in a pressure cooker environment.

Compared to Melbourne where the bitter angry old men continue to trash the club and our players from within.

A late second round pick would be amazing. I'd love to see more evidence of this winning of his own football. I don't know his contract status but if this year doesn't go well I can see him sticking around for another year before possibly retiring at the end of 2016.

Um, he can't even break into the 17th placed team's best 22. Which team in the top 8 would need, nay want, a player like Grimes? His disposal is atrocious, and until he can fix this facet of his game he'll continue to play out his career at Casey.

Opposition teams barely break a sweat against us because they score easily from our turnovers. They've learned quickly they just have to watch our backline (with Grimes) attempt to hold possession, because inevitably we cough up the pill with a clanger. This was bleedingly obvious to every coach in the AFL after about 3 rounds last year.

Poor disposal is one of the missing links in Roosy being able to execute his game-plan with us. You simply can't have a team filled with Grimes/M. Jones types who cough up the ball so easily in a maintain-possession gameplan.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

The jinx of numbers handed down during the CS years.

4 Norm Smith to Jack Watts.

9 David Neitz to Jack Trengove

11 Jim Stynes to Mitch Clarke

31 Ron Barassi to Jack Grimes

37 Jim Stynes to Max Gawn then 11 to Max Gawn.

Why did we start this caper with 4 to Jack Watts?

There must have been a heap of No. 4's in between.

John Lord comes to mind.

When you put nonsense like this in your posts, I assume that is all you speak.

Those enjoying schadenfreude over Grimes' demotion are betraying their personality a little bit, but they are not 'trashing a player from within the club.'

This place is most definitely 'outside pissing in' - which is where these forums should be - if we were inside the club and hamstrung in what we could post - someone would start an 'outside' forum in a day and we would be right where we are now.

The verbals on here about Grimes are perfunctory - they are just a release of frustration and an injection of hope that who replaces him will be 'better.'

There will be 21 more Thursday nights with teams read out and players judged by quips on here, on social media, at offices, at the pub, and in the street.

It's probably best to overlook them, or ignore them.

It doesn't matter what team he plays for he will never be able to kick and will always make horrible decisions with the footy.

Don't ever walk under ladder outside a building with the street number 31. 31 is 13 back to front. 3+1 equals 4. Very unlucky number in China. It is no co-incidence there is no 31 tram route. Make light of forces of darkness at your own peril.

Also show me a motel with a room 13 , I done maintenance at a lot of motels and never seen a room 13

The curse of 31 and our 1987 Preliminary Final Loss

Team bus was 31 minutes late in getting to Arctic Park

Said bus parked in Bus Bay 31.

Tempreture at Arctic Park always feels like 31(farenheit)

Jim Stynes wore 31 inch boot laces.

Final quarter went for 31 minutes.

Buckenara kicked for goal from 31 metres out.

These facts are undisputable. Anyone thinking any different are wrong as official records and memories have been bewitched.

There's also the whole "it took 31 seconds for the club to decide between Toumpas and Wines".

• Like 2

Dr Who is back - don't let him waste your time, folks.

Those who have been on this site for long enough will know all about him - it takes all types but this bloke is just an attention seeking time waster - a concern troll who deliberately makes comments to inflame debate based on nonsense.

Those who have been on this site for long enough will know all about him - it takes all types but this bloke is just an attention seeking time waster - a concern troll who deliberately makes comments to inflame debate based on nonsense.

The good Doctors theories on Carlton that he spouted so loudly on here a couple of summers ago have certainly come crashing to the ground!! :)

The good Doctors theories on Carlton that he spouted so loudly on here a couple of summers ago have certainly come crashing to the ground!! :)

Yeah, apart from a myriad of other nonsense comments emanating from said person, Wyl

He doesn't particularly bother me but I see others wasting their time on his inflammatory comments. In turn, threads can get clogged up with needless debate.

Not a dancing on his grave tupe post, but I think this is good experiment if only to gauge how much we do or dont miss him, leadership or otherwise. There are some players that are like club furniture, while others like Jack Watts have had spells so we know the difference to to team when he's been out. From that perspective probably a good move and remember its a long season.

He's back is he?

Let's have a sing-a-long to celebrate!

https://youtu.be/HD_aLhoxc64

He's back is he?

Let's have a sing-a-long to celebrate!

https://youtu.be/HD_aLhoxc64

Ha! Excellent version.

Don't worry, you'll know what I'm talking about soon enough - you've been warned, Col ^_^

The highlight of his last visit was his 4 page tete-a-tete with another ex poster (who may or may not also make a return)

I hope both he and Trengove can make it back. And I hope they remain demons.

The Clubowes both of those kids, two blokes who stepped up and gave of themselves to try and lift and steer our club. Jones wasn't ready to do it. We had not other leaders. We were a rabble. They tried to show us the way, to give us hope, to set the standards for the young players and old, despite their own limited experience.

They have both suffered for the club, both physically, and in their own football development.

Reigniting their careers at the MFC would be a fantastic story. They should be celebrated as integral players (i.e. actors, not on-field players) in our (hopefully) forthcoming success.

Please give them your support where you can.

• Like 1

Sad in that he loves the club, is a great clubman, but he's a horrid decision maker and a VFL level (at best) kick. If we keep on improving, he won't get back in the team.

Very early stages this year but I can't see him getting back in the team without injuries. Good disposal is critical out of the backline and that makes him and Terlich depth in my mind. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

Its a sad thing but the club will probably be much better without the likes of Grimes Trengove etc

The recent past has unfortunately damaged many players and they are victims of it and their football ability has suffered

Cant see them in the future team McKenzie Jones Bail are aslo in that boat.

• Like 1

Its a sad thing but the club will probably be much better without the likes of Grimes Trengove etc

The recent past has unfortunately damaged many players and they are victims of it and their football ability has suffered

Grimes to me is made to be a run with midfielder similair to vineys role on Saturday. Was a midfielder as a junior, tough as teak good tackler and good overhead and willing to sacrifice his game.

Dunn was in a similair position and think roos will be supporting and encouraging him. But to me he needs the change in role.

Agreed. Grimes would have to completely reinvent his game to get regular senior selection if Saturdays effort becomes the standard

The young debutants on Saturday were more skilled and quicker in decision making than Jack has ever been.

Jack is a top bloke but i have always thought he is an over rated footballer.

That thought still stands

• Like 1