Melbourne v Fremantle @ Fremantle Oval - 5th March, 2015

We have the list. Now who wants to name them in position?

You could argue that Trengove, Brayshaw, Petracca, Riley, Terlich and Fitzpatrick are also best-22ers

Good luck with that argument

• Like 3

That is a very strong Fremantle squad. This makes me happy. I'm not sure I could handle losing to a bunch of their kids.

If we can pull off a win it will be even sweeter (yes I know, it's only a practice match..)

Riley, Terlich and Fitzpatrick are in for long seasons IMO. With Watts , Howe & Vince in the starting 22 they are way down the pecking order it seems.

And rightfully so

I'm actually a bit of a fan of Pig dog, he has been looking quite sharp at training, i think he's going to play a few games this year, the other two i agree on, they will need consistent good form at casey to get a look in.

Glad Brayshaw isn't named. This is what should have happend Toumpas couple of years ago.

Bit surprised Aidan Riley isn't named. From what i heard he was doing alright in the intra clubs.

FB: Jetta Dunn Garland

HB: Grimes McDonald Salem

C: Lumumba Jones Newton

HF: Kent Hogan JKH

FF: Gawn Dawes Garlett

Foll: Jamar Tyson Cross

Int: Spencer, Pedersen, Frost (need extra talls), Viney, Michie, Toumpas

S: Matt Jones, Bail

Emer: Stretch, McKenzie, vandenBerg

That's a guess at a team. Although I'd like to see Stretch and vandenBerg play. Could leave out Spencer or have him as the sub and swap him with Jamar at half time, but I think they are keen to see Gawn play as much key forward as possible before round 1 and therefore I'd have Spencer and Jamar swapping in the ruck.

That's a guess at a team. Although I'd like to see Stretch and vandenBerg play. Could leave out Spencer or have him as the sub and swap him with Jamar at half time, but I think they are keen to see Gawn play as much key forward as possible before round 1 and therefore I'd have Spencer and Jamar swapping in the ruck.

That looks not too bad on paper. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

Is that correct that, in these games, there are six interchange players PLUS two subs?

Terlich not being named is interesting

Riley, Terlich and Fitzpatrick are in for long seasons IMO. With Watts , Howe & Vince in the starting 22 they are way down the pecking order it seems.

And rightfully so

Fitz is in the rehab group at the moment so not surprised in not named.

Terlich didnt play in last weeks scratch match, but I'm not sure what is wrong with him.

Riley is the only one who's been in full training and missed out (along with Brayshaw who's had 2 head knocks in 2 scratch matches), but he's only been out of rehab for a short while so perhaps thats it?

• Like 1

That looks not too bad on paper. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

Is that correct that, in these games, there are six interchange players PLUS two subs?

Yep. Although I'm not sure if it's all 3 games and coaches are given the option of scaling it down. Hawthorn played without the subs as they wanted to give 24 a full hit out instead of mixing the 26, although they promptly had a guy off injured so ended up with 23. Geel and Gold Coast had a heat rule invoked and played with all 8 available on the bench but I don't think we will get that on Thursday at this stage.

Strong side with no real surprises.

Guys like Terlich, Fitzy, O Mac etc aren't in the best 30 for the club at the moment and I'm glad to see Stretch and Vandenberg get a look in as well, as they are two who would go close to a run in the seniors in the early part of the season.

Pretty strong Freo side, all the better when we beat them.

Also Watts has a groin issue again, can we confirm he has OP?

Nah its his nads. Just joking.

Its a shame he isn't in the squad. I am hoping he has a great year this season. Some good mature recruits and return of Hogan from injury will be good for him.

Freo haven't exactly named a weak squad... looks like they may be taking this a little more seriously than one might expect:

1. Hayden Ballantyne,

8. Nick Suban,

9. Matt De Boer,

10. Michael Walters,

11. Tom Sheridan,

12. Jon Griffin,

13. Tendai Mzungu,

16. David Mundy,

17. Hayden Crozier,

18. Luke Mcpharlin,

19. Connor Blakely,

20. Matt Taberner,

21. Michael Barlow,

22. Tanner Smith,

23. Chris Mayne,

24. Max Duffy,

27. Lachie Neale,

28. Brady Grey,

29. Matthew Pavlich,

30. Zac Clarke,

32. Stephen Hill,

33. Cam Sutcliffe,

34. Lee Spurr,

35. Michael Apeness,

36. Alex Silvagni,

37. Michael Johnson,

38. Jack Hannath,

41. Paul Duffield,

46. Clancee Pearce

What? No Col?

Jamar, Gawn, pederson and spencil will never be in the same team! Please let them never be in the same team!

Jamar, Gawn, [Pedersen] and spencil will never be in the same team! Please let them never be in the same team!

Never the same 22. But in a 26 they can all fit. 2 on the bench most of the time. Pedersen comes on forward when Dawes, Hogan or Gawn need a rest. Jamar and Spencer swap in the ruck. Then sub one of them out at half time as well.

If it was me I wouldn't even play Jamar in this match. But if they are going to play him then I want him having plenty of rest.