Melbourne v Essendon - NAB Challenge - 20 March, 2015

Bring-Back-Powell

How nice of the bastards to "Agree" to play

More a case I suspect of . You lot...more your arses and get out there...or....

if essendon really wanted to do us all a favour I have some suggestions !!!

• Like 1

Announced in The Age:Essendon to play in Nab Challenge using top up players

The following line made me laugh Who the hell do they think they are?

"Bombers players view the matches as a waste of time"

I actually think they are waste of time.

Reading that article makes me think that "Essendon" is synonymous with "talk a lot of crap" ... They are certainly good at wasting other people's time, OD.

• Like 3

I think that we should speak to the AFL for permission to play Casey, plus our Rookies and young draft picks against against Essendon in our NAB Cup game!

• Like 3

How quickly we forget.

Yesterday was the first anniversary of the second NAB Challenge game of the 2014 series, a game played at Etihad Stadium between the reigning AFL premiers Hawthorn and a struggling Brisbane Lions fielding a young, undermanned side in their first game with Justin Leppitsch at the helm. Only 5,003 people turned up and the game was a virtually unwatchable farce as the Hawks hammered them and eased up at the end to win 1.22.13.154 to 0.3.5.23.

The game obviously didn't hurt the Hawks because they went on to win back to back flags and it could be argued likewise for the Lions' younger brigade who kicked on as the season unfolded.

I think we have a competent enough coach in Paul Roos (who was never one to aim for the heights in the pre season comp anyway) to rely on to get the best for his team in the long run even if circumstances force us to play against a weakened opposition.

(Incidentally, today is the anniversary of our first NAB Challenge match under Roos when we beat Richmond by 1.13.11.98 to 1.10.15.84. The score was our highest for the season in all matches).

• Like 3

In the Hun there is an article confirming use of top up players and games going ahead. Article is by Mick Warner (nuff said). Loved the final line:

'And classy onballer Brendon Goddard ran two laps and then a series of sprints along the boundary line during the final workout that reiterated the Bombers are ready to go when the issues are resolved.'

Warner of the ASADA all out, EFC 0 for 400 tweet ?

ha

ha

ha whatapeanut

• Like 1

We haven't done well in the fixture with the Bombers this year.

We play them in a NAB game when we need a workout. Then in the main season,don't play them early, when their side could be decimated and only once for the year.

If their players are suspended, it will wreak havoc with the fixture and the final 8.

The AFL will have to do something about it.

Perhaps 'terrors' meaning kids.

Too late. You are now on the ASIO, CIA and probably Mossad watch lists. Hope you don't want to visit the home of the brave and the land of the free. If you go off air we will know you are at Guantanamo. And if they mention waterboarding don't think they are taking you surfing

Back to topic - big of them to agree to play. Bastards. Who will be coaching them?

Edited by monoccular

That really annoys me, essendon "agrees" to play in nab cup reluctantly, no they agreed because anything less was a breach of their contract, and the whole comp would have made sure the AFL came down like a ton of bricks.

Essendon need to get over Their god complex, as does turd. They aren't fooling anyone

AFL need to fine and continue to fine Essendon for bringing the game into disrepute for its constant failure to adhere to the standards that all other clubs must adhere to.

No other club would be allowed to decide wether it will compete in NAB

No other club can manage its list

No other club can discredit international and federal agencies

No other club can operate pharmacological experiments.

Do I need to go on

Mfc are found not guilty of tanking = bringing the game into disrepute

Efc threaten to boycott games unless suspensions for drug infringements are lifted = efc are victims and we need to work with them, even if it potentially hinders the preparation of three other clubs who have been unsure if they would be playing or not.

• Like 2

AFL need to fine and continue to fine Essendon for bringing the game into disrepute for its constant failure to adhere to the standards that all other clubs must adhere to.

No other club would be allowed to decide wether it will compete in NAB

No other club can manage its list

No other club can discredit international and federal agencies

No other club can operate pharmacological experiments.

Do I need to go on

No other club would be given carte blanche to bring in players that are not AFL players. Where is the duty of care to our team?? What if one of the players picked from some district league decides to become a hero and king hit one of our players? What if a non-AFL player was to severely injure one of our players through negligence? Where would our justice be? Where would our compensation be if, say one of our key junior players (no names as I don't want to mozz them) suffers a debilitating injury because the scum have created this complete debacle and brought in a player that is sub-AFL standard and who's skill level and awareness is below AFL level??

It's going to be a minefield and the AFL better have good insurance policies.........