• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Friday 9th January, 2015

The Devil Inside

I always appreciate training reports from supporters that spend their free time watching the boys train, but I can live without the constant references to conversations had with, seemingly, every player and coach working for the MFC. Especially when it's readily apparent that many questions cross a line and are given the response they deserve.

Would feel less uneasy if MFC players had an absolute focus on their training regime, structures and retention of Roosy's gameplan, rather than discussing Arsenal's latest loss.

Was particularly perturbed by the probing of Michie on Wednesday, about an issue he clearly did not want to discuss. I certainly wouldn't walk up to a complete stranger in another workplace and ask what their problem is, if they looked upset.

Viv is a very private person and very self conscious when talking about his footy. But he isn't rude and would just brush it off. Good kid and from what I know has no injury issues.

• Like 4

As an afterthought to the training session I went to in late December, I thought Frost looked like a poor mans McDonald, which is not terrible; I rate McDonald highly, but he was a tiny bit slow to read the play, know when to punch, mark, help out, etc.

He is just 21 though and looked very solid through the shoulders and hips.

Don't want to glean too much from training though, training form is a misnomer.

• Like 1

As an afterthought to the training session I went to in late December, I thought Frost looked like a poor mans McDonald, which is not terrible; I rate McDonald highly, but he was a tiny bit slow to read the play, know when to punch, mark, help out, etc.

He is just 21 though and looked very solid through the shoulders and hips.

Don't want to glean too much from training though, training form is a misnomer.

A bit like kissing your sister rpfc.

We will get a real idea come April

From this female's view Dom :wub: beats Bernie by a country mile...

...judging by the number of posters who have had 'man crushes' on Dom they might share this view ;)

Agree but Bernie is a hoot.
  • Like 4

Viv is a very private person and very self conscious when talking about his footy. But he isn't rude and would just brush it off. Good kid and from what I know has no injury issues.

Yep, seems like a quiet but really great bloke. Really hoping he can get a clear run at it and break back into the team.

It's interesting for someone like me who always reads D'land but seldom posts (anymore) the often quite vitriolic posts that are directed to TDI's training reports. I'm assuming DD36 that you also attend just as many sessions as you seem also to be very well informed (is that correct) I for one don't attend training sessions and so read with avid interest the reports from people that do attend and whilst I realise that these are opinion based I would certainly see no reason to bag these opinions . When the season proper starts we will see for ourselves the improvement or not in our MFC players. So if Roos & Co see fit to keep Jordie, Bail, etc on our list , I for one will applaud these players for trying to get the best out of themselves & will withhold criticism until it is warranted in 2015 & not based on past performances. In summary ....to all those who are able to attend training sessions the reports & photos that are posted are very much appreciated by I am sure many on Demonland & when I am in a position to actually watch the players in this pre-season then I can then legitimately agree or disagree with these posts

Ditto.

Saty, for all his blind loyalty, does us all a favour by bringing such detailed training summaries.

I, for one, am grateful.

• Like 11

as an afterthought to my previous post. I thought Garland was far more impressive than Frost in that session.

Yeah I'm not as bullish on Frost as some are. GWS's asking price of pick 23 was very surprising.

He didn't impress me much at GWS and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a chunk of games for Casey, which could leave a hole for us in defence.

If Frost makes it it may not be until 2016 or 17.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not as bullish on Frost as some are. GWS's asking price of pick 23 was very surprising.

He didn't impress me much at GWS and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a chunk of games for Casey, which could leave a hole for us in defence.

I doubt that. I'm pretty certain he'll be played and will learn on the job like Tom Mc. He's a big unit that has mentioned there is only a few different tweaks to training compared to GWS. The game plan will be a different story and the recruiting team reckon he'll suit the requirements well.

• Like 1

He stands 194cm and 93kg and has a bit of go about him. Don't know how to post links but if you go to the club website-news and videos then scroll down until you find Sam Frost highlights. Obviously they only show the best bits but I'm backing this recruitment will be better that Teddy Richards to the Swans.

Pick 23 was probably overs for Frost alone, but the deal worked out great in the end with O-Mac and ANB also coming from the trade.

Talls always take longer to develop, so it'll be great to see Frost learn off MacDonald and Lamumba over the next few years. A really exciting prospect.

He stands 194cm and 93kg and has a bit of go about him. Don't know how to post links but if you go to the club website-news and videos then scroll down until you find Sam Frost highlights. Obviously they only show the best bits but I'm backing this recruitment will be better that Teddy Richards to the Swans.

I would not be surprise if he weighs about 100kg.

The kid is a monster

• Like 1

Pick 23 was probably overs for Frost alone, but the deal worked out great in the end with O-Mac and ANB also coming from the trade.

Talls always take longer to develop, so it'll be great to see Frost learn off MacDonald and Lamumba over the next few years. A really exciting prospect.

Talls do take longer to develop and that will be the case with Oscar McDonald but with Frost we have a ready made player. 21 years old and entering his fourth pre season and as Dazzledavey36 puts it "the kid is a moster". To be honest dont know a lot about him but read that he got his chance this year playing 16 games after Phil Davis and co got injured, taking his tally to 21 games. I know highlight packages only contain the goods bits but his showed him taking the game on, one occasion he goes for a run and has a bounce something some of our mids have trouble doing. He has reasonable disposal, reads the play well and backs himself. I think he will play round 1.

Talls do take longer to develop and that will be the case with Oscar McDonald but with Frost we have a ready made player. 21 years old and entering his fourth pre season and as Dazzledavey36 puts it "the kid is a moster". To be honest dont know a lot about him but read that he got his chance this year playing 16 games after Phil Davis and co got injured, taking his tally to 21 games. I know highlight packages only contain the goods bits but his showed him taking the game on, one occasion he goes for a run and has a bounce something some of our mids have trouble doing. He has reasonable disposal, reads the play well and backs himself. I think he will play round 1.

James Frawley is a ready made player. Frost will need time. I'm worried for him. A couple of blunders (like the one he made against us this year) and he'll be very quickly placed under the Demonland microscope. He seems like a good kid with the physical tools to make it. Whether he can defend and read the play and make good choice with the pill remains to be seen. Give him a chance and be understanding of where he is at in his development. Frawley was far from the finished article after his first three seasons.

• Like 3

James Frawley is a ready made player. Frost will need time. I'm worried for him. A couple of blunders (like the one he made against us this year) and he'll be very quickly placed under the Demonland microscope. He seems like a good kid with the physical tools to make it. Whether he can defend and read the play and make good choice with the pill remains to be seen. Give him a chance and be understanding of where he is at in his development. Frawley was far from the finished article after his first three seasons.

James Frawley makes blunders every single week. Awareness and disposal wise.

If I lived in Melb my oath I would be telling him (Jordie) his short comings. Love your report Saty but "put themselves through hell both physically and mentally" give your head a wobble !! Hell is beating cancer or living through childhood abuse not being on an AFL list for 5 years & getting paid a Motza to live out your dreams.

Wasnt it Keith miller asked as a cricketer if he felt pressure?

Keith who flew mosquitoes in ww2 said thst pressure was having a mescherschmit ( german fighter - spelling? ) up ur arse

If being paid a pile to play football is hell then I'll be damned (queue acdc track highway to hell)

Edited by Dinosaur Rover

Lot of love for McDonald here. Apart from his running ability l find him bog ordinary.

Even if Frost struggles I believe our back half is OK. Jetta, TMac, Dunn, Grimes, Howe, the Prince, Garland, Watts I think we can work with down back. We have bigger offensive issues we need to deal with this season.

Lot of love for McDonald here. Apart from his running ability l find him bog ordinary.

I rate him given his age and comparing him to players I watched closely playing WAFL after being drafted by Meth Coast

Darren Glass & Eric Mckenzie they both looked very ordinary till they had around 4 years regular footy in the AFL it was when they reached 24/25 they started to become consistent good quality AFL defenders.

Cale Hooker stepped up last season, Alex Rance has only started to show consistent form

I think TMac is tracking well when compared with those. Talia is probably the one who has broke the mould of taking some time to adapt as a KPD

• Like 2

By ready made I mean physically ready, not another "Watts on debut type build". I think he can hold his own as he continues to grow/learn. Edited by Al's Demons

McDonald is a bit like Jones in that he has improved each year. He is fiercely competitive and a student of the game as shown by his study tour of U.S colleges during the off season. Obviously his decision making and disposal need further improvement but he is unlikely to finish his career and wonder if he could have tried harder. He is disciplined and I bet one of the first picked by the coaches each week. A fair chance also to make the leadership group this year

And let's face it if he hadn't got injured Rd 1 against the Saints, Riewoldt wouldn't have had free reign and we would have won.

He is still only 22 years old and with 60 games under his belt should be now entering some of the best football years of his life

So yes I'm one of those happy show Tom some love

• Like 10

I think people forget how young Tom is. He's been scary good in some games and he's only entering his fifth year.

He's bloody disciplined for his age, and shows fantastic leadership. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the LG this year following the departure of Frawley.

• Like 3