Training - Friday 9th January, 2015

The Devil Inside

I don't think anyone is necessarily a lock in that group at the moment although I would concede McDonald as one of the defenders, 'H' may well play mid but if played as a back he would be another. Howe could play wing, forward or back.

The other places are up for grabs and Garland has the unique ability to play short, tall and mid.

I can't think of plenty of players who give the game away at 26 - 27 unless they have big off field issues, no other club is interested or they have a major injury. Garland doesn't fall into any of these categories.

He would be a great get as a free agent but I hope he stays.

Dunn not a lock?

Just goes to show...all in the eye-of-the-beholder!

If we had more than a handful of female contributors on DL I would ask RR (or RR sub) to do a survey of the sexiest Dee's player!!

In the meantime, I will keep Dom as my fave but adore any player in the red and blue!

How does a training report turn into such junk

Anyone care to say how kent trained or if Oscar is looking up to senior footy? Could Salem play mid this year? Hows whites training form?

• Like 1

Who is going to volunteer to tell Daniel Cross to his face that he is going to retire at the end of the year

To all the posters who don't get it, the club has 40 odd players on it's list, they put themselves through hell both physically and mentally to stay on that list, whilst they are on that list, they will have my support.

I would respect some of the posters on here a bit more if they could walk up to Jordie McKenzie and tell him to his face that his kicking is poor, but it is quite easy to hide behind a keyboard. I have had a couple of chats with him, discussing where he thinks he needs to improve to stay on the list and he is very honest with his answers, last year he told me Roos had said he was too one dimensional and needed to change, this pre season I am seeing that change at training

As for Garland, he is now back in full training, and has looked really good again in the last couple of weeks

This is the most stupid thing I have read in a while.
  • Like 2

All I can say is thank christ there are other members of this board who are able to attend training sessions and give informative and unbiased reports. Those are the ones I read these days.

Reading the 'other' report is like Tim Robbins wading through the sewer to escape prison in The Shawshank Redemption, except the sewer is full and if you jump in you risk drowning in amongst all the turds. I choose not to do it.

• Like 4

I take it you don't proof read you posts then

I put a conversation I had with Jordie, and rather than acknowledge it, you put the above, don't read my posts, I don't really care, then I won't have to ready yours coz you won't be quoting me

All I can say is thank christ there are other members of this board who are able to attend training sessions and give informative and unbiased reports. Those are the ones I read these days.

Reading the 'other' report is like Tim Robbins wading through the sewer to escape prison in The Shawshank Redemption, except the sewer is full and if you jump in you risk drowning in amongst all the turds. I choose not to do it.

If that is referring to mine, same, you do have a choice you know, unless this board has knocked your individuality away, like it has with some others

Dunn not a lock?

Not for mine, he had a really good year last year but it's a new season. He has a good preseason he's in but he does need to back up his form and now there is some competition for spots which is a good thing.

There are very few walk up starts this year.

It's interesting for someone like me who always reads D'land but seldom posts (anymore) the often quite vitriolic posts that are directed to TDI's training reports. I'm assuming DD36 that you also attend just as many sessions as you seem also to be very well informed (is that correct) I for one don't attend training sessions and so read with avid interest the reports from people that do attend and whilst I realise that these are opinion based I would certainly see no reason to bag these opinions . When the season proper starts we will see for ourselves the improvement or not in our MFC players. So if Roos & Co see fit to keep Jordie, Bail, etc on our list , I for one will applaud these players for trying to get the best out of themselves & will withhold criticism until it is warranted in 2015 & not based on past performances. In summary ....to all those who are able to attend training sessions the reports & photos that are posted are very much appreciated by I am sure many on Demonland & when I am in a position to actually watch the players in this pre-season then I can then legitimately agree or disagree with these posts

• Like 17

Not for mine, he had a really good year last year but it's a new season. He has a good preseason he's in but he does need to back up his form and now there is some competition for spots which is a good thing.

There are very few walk up starts this year.

Cant agree here RJAY

This would be my walk up start team -

JETTA EMPTY DUNN

H MCDONALD EMPTY

WATTS JONES EMPTY

VINCE DAWES EMPTY

GARLETT HOGAN HOWE

EMPTY TYSON CROSS

VINEY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

I'm not a fan of the term "walk up start" but if I was a fly on the wall in Roos office looking at his whiteboard I reckon it would read something like that.

Cant agree here RJAY

JETTA EMPTY DUNN

H MCDONALD EMPTY

WATTS JONES EMPTY

VINCE DAWES EMPTY

GARLETT HOGAN HOWE

EMPTY TYSON CROSS

VINEY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

I'm not a fan of the term "walk up start" but if I was a fly on the wall in Roos office looking at his whiteboard I reckon it would read something like that.

We were equal last, walk up starts don't exist in our team yet imo

I imagine Roos will be treating 2015 as a fresh start for the whole team. No walk-up starts.

He's really pushing the players hard in the pre-season to see who he gets the best improvement from. Last year it was Pedo, this year it could be anyone.

I'm sure he's got a very clear picture in his head of who he expects will line up round one (obvious ones like N. Jones, Dunn, T-Mac, Lamumba, etc.), but plenty can change between now and April.

The round one team will be genuinely fascinating if the group continues training this hard and pushing each other to secure their spot in the squad. Once they're in they'll be staying there until their form drops off AND someone else shows more promise at Casey. Been a long time since that's been the case for the MFC.

Cant agree here RJAY

JETTA EMPTY DUNN

H MCDONALD EMPTY

WATTS JONES EMPTY

VINCE DAWES EMPTY

GARLETT HOGAN HOWE

EMPTY TYSON CROSS

VINEY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

You're probably correct but if we used the previous season (2013) as a guide then there is no way that Garland wouldn't be the walkup and Dunn should have been delisted according to many.

A year is a long time in football. I expect Garland to bounce back this year.

Wonder how many people like Saty it would take before they started having to better protect players from the public. Imagine 500 members all wandering up and giving their opinions to the players in person.

Get off your damn high horse.

• Like 3

I always appreciate training reports from supporters that spend their free time watching the boys train, but I can live without the constant references to conversations had with, seemingly, every player and coach working for the MFC. Especially when it's readily apparent that many questions cross a line and are given the response they deserve.

Would feel less uneasy if MFC players had an absolute focus on their training regime, structures and retention of Roosy's gameplan, rather than discussing Arsenal's latest loss.

Was particularly perturbed by the probing of Michie on Wednesday, about an issue he clearly did not want to discuss. I certainly wouldn't walk up to a complete stranger in another workplace and ask what their problem is, if they looked upset.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 3

Cant agree here RJAY

JETTA EMPTY DUNN

H MCDONALD EMPTY

WATTS JONES EMPTY

VINCE DAWES EMPTY

GARLETT HOGAN HOWE

EMPTY TYSON CROSS

VINEY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY

Dunn is a sure starter for round 1 for me. He is mature, strong, fit and finally focused and ready to be a leader. I think he can run off half back this season and play a more attacking role along with the Prince on the other flank. I also see him swinging forward at times and Howe going back, all to create a more flexible and unpredictable lineup.i have Garland in a pocket along with Jetta and Frost at fullback. Edited by Earl Hood

You're probably correct but if we used the previous season (2013) as a guide then there is no way that Garland wouldn't be the walkup and Dunn should have been delisted according to many.

A year is a long time in football. I expect Garland to bounce back this year.

I have been critical of Garland in recent weeks amongst others. I hope he does recapture his form as it will make us a better side. If this were to happen I would have him on a back flank, push H up onto the wing and have Toumpas on the other flank(could rotate with H).

Re Bail, there was a drill today were the big forwards were running patterns to leave one side of the fifty empty, this was for Garlett, Bail, JKH, Harmes and a couple of others to run into, hopefully unnoticed

Another point for those that keep asking about him, it looks like Jayden Hunt is going to be a defender, he worked with that group when the training broke into those groups, and yes Lumumba was with the midfield again

Is Howe still training with the defenders? Has he been training with the forwards at all?

How is Vandenburg going?

How is Frost going?