• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

I keep going back to earlier individual cases:

1. Ahmed Saad copped an 18 month suspension for actually returning a positive drug test.
  2. VFL player Wade Lees copped an 18-month ban after attempting to import a fat-burning product he ordered on the internet.

Both had no idea what they ordered/took (in their respective cases) was illegal. The key point from this is that both were completely banned from the sport for the time period.

How can it be possible to back date a ban for the essendon players if they are still attending the club, training and competing in match simulations like the rest of the clubs?

As I understand it they both copped 2yr bans but got 6mths reductions for co operation and pleading guilty. So no Tribunal hearings etc. As we know the Essendon players chose not to co operate and instead try their luck at the Tribunal. If they go down they should be facing full 2yr bans unless they can prove they were duped in which case it would be 12mths. And I would imagine this would be duped by the Club Doctor not the Coach or Sports Scientist. Good luck to them on that one.

• Like 4

lube-all-plus............................................hmmmm

There was talk Hird reacted to the "program" with a case of priapism.

Maybe the lude-all usage was isolated to himself? (Assuming he didn't have a minion acting as the applicator).

• Like 1

As I understand it they both copped 2yr bans but got 6mths reductions for co operation and pleading guilty. So no Tribunal hearings etc. As we know the Essendon players chose not to co operate and instead try their luck at the Tribunal. If they go down they should be facing full 2yr bans unless they can prove they were duped in which case it would be 12mths. And I would imagine this would be duped by the Club Doctor not the Coach or Sports Scientist. Good luck to them on that one.

No ones copped to actually being guilty yet afaik

Agree, and it's the box the AFL don't want opened. It's rife in the community and the AFL.

The AFL don't want to seriously address the issue (governments haven't been able to sort it out so why do we tquotehe AFL can) and maybe they are right in this but they must expect from time to time things will erupt as maybe it will this time with the Hunt investigation.

To be fair in don't have an issue with recreational drugs, it's the PED's the AFL needs to worry about. What players do in their own time is their and their clubs business.

The illicit drugs issue was the reason the AFL didn't want to sign on to the WADA code in 2006 in the first place which is kind of ironic that it's the PED's causing the headaches now. Remember they only signed on to WADA under threat of funding withdrawals from the Federal government.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/a-short-sharp-ban-is-the-most-appealing-outcome

I disagree strongly, the situation is simple, if this club has cheated than it needs to man up and cop what's coming to it, they have fought the investigation ever step of the way, Robbo and his media team have carried out a media campaign trying to discredit and paint ASADA as the big bad wolf and Essendon as innocent victims.

The league needs to be very strong on the fact that Illegal or performance enhancing drug use is unacceptable under any circumstances and cannot go soft on anyone for it, much less this club who has appealed the legality of the investigation once, while it's coach has twice.

If they are found guilty is important that the punishment is not reflective of what is best for the EFC, or for the League in terms of getting them back on the field ASAP, it needs to send a message, and i suspect ASADA and WADA are hell bent on making sure that happens.

That article just goes to show how delusional, or how much in the pockets of the AFL/EFC, most in the media still are.

One things for certain, AFL360 is going to be essential viewing this year when reality hits. When are they back on anyway?

• Like 1

err excuse me? Do you know something we don't?

As far as has been published this is all about TB4. There is nothing else.

The Infraction Notices were issued re: TB4 but have a read of the AFL findings released in August 2013. There's a whole cocktail of exotic and perhaps not quite permitted supplements.

lube-all-plus............................................hmmmm

To help Jimmy with his alleged side effects of the Melanotan which allegedly made him look like an Oompa Loompa with three legs. Allegedly.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

But aren't these the AFL charges that they have been penalised for?

ASADA only mention 1 substance as far as I am aware. TB4. Everything rolls on proving to whatever satisfaction they require under the legislation, that the players took TB4.

ASADA are only pursuing TB4 which makes me think they think they have a slam dunk case on that and didnt need to pursue the rest.

The AFL's charge sheet was only in relation to governance issues and NOT anti-doping violations (explicitly at the request of EFC funnily enough which opens them up for further club sanctions of the players are found guilty). However the charge sheet was informed by the ASADA investigation and the preliminary report they released at the time.

• Like 1

To be fair in don't have an issue with recreational drugs, it's the PED's the AFL needs to worry about. What players do in their own time is their and their clubs business.

The illicit drugs issue was the reason the AFL didn't want to sign on to the WADA code in 2006 in the first place which is kind of ironic that it's the PED's causing the headaches now. Remember they only signed on to WADA under threat of funding withdrawals from the Federal government.

Unfortunately I think it's about to beat them around the ears. They will have 2 drug problems to sort out, one performance enhancing and the other illicit.

I think it is a classic case of avoidance in both situations. The Essendon one could and should have been knocked over before it started and the 3 strikes policy with minimal testing has opened the door to more abuse and quite possibly criminal involvement and activity.

• Like 2

There was talk Hird reacted to the "program" with a case of priapism.

Maybe the lude-all usage was isolated to himself? (Assuming he didn't have a minion acting as the applicator).

Had to look that one up.

Don't hit the images on your search engine at work.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 4

ASADA are only pursuing TB4 which makes me think they think they have a slam dunk case on that and didnt need to pursue the rest.

The AFL's charge sheet was only in relation to governance issues and NOT anti-doping violations (explicitly at the request of EFC funnily enough which opens them up for further club sanctions of the players are found guilty). However the charge sheet was informed by the ASADA investigation and the preliminary report they released at the time.

Thats my understanding. And if ASADA win their case and ban players do the AFL get a second crack at Ess? The first was for governance issues and bringing the game into disrepute not for illegal drugs.....

Essendon are cooked.

• Like 1

I dreamt last night that Hird came to us as an assistant coach on a six year contract after getting the ar$e.

Even in my dream I was questioning it.

You are a sick man, P-man ... :blink:

• Like 1

I dreamt last night that Hird came to us as an assistant coach on a six year contract after getting the ar$e.

you have got to change what you consume before bedtime P-man
  • Like 2

hmmm

i don't know what's worse. your dreaming of the golden boy or climate armageddon

seems you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, pm

a few early wins by the boys may be your salvation to a good nights sleep......let's hope

• Like 1

"In my view, this isn't about decisions made by ASADA in 2014 or 2013, it is about decisions made by athletes in 2012. Athletes and their support personnel and their clubs and so on," he said.

Serious man crush on this McDevitt fella.

• Like 2

I am not all over the law in regard to this matter, but cannot see how this conflict can me settled any other than by way of mediation. the wild card has always been hird. however, cannot see how the AFL, EFC and ASADA can resolve this any other way. ultimately all the parties need to move on.

I am not all over the law in regard to this matter, but cannot see how this conflict can me settled any other than by way of mediation. the wild card has always been hird. however, cannot see how the AFL, EFC and ASADA can resolve this any other way. ultimately all the parties need to move on.

I dont actually see what the conflict is.

You have wrongdoers who shall be punished, and rightly.

Mediation, what for ?

This isnt btw about the LAW...its about RULES.....to which all parties are bound.

• Like 1

It will be resolved when ASADA line up, Hird, Dank, EFC, players and anyone else involved and start the executions.

the public has them pegged as cheaters, the only way to clear that image is to do the time now, although proving their innocence has never been a priority if it stood in the way of them getting off however they could.

It will be resolved when ASADA line up, Hird, Dank, EFC, players and anyone else involved and start the executions.

the public has them pegged as cheaters, the only way to clear that image is to do the time now, although proving their innocence has never been a priority if it stood in the way of them getting off however they could.

Very hard to prove innocence SPR.

Generally being in another country at the time of offence may help but not necessarily.

Being not guilty does not prove innocence.