• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Yep the mighty Dees

You do know it not healthy to drink during the day?

But if you are right, that means the AFL competition will either have one team in 2020 or another team will be called the Dees.

As I not seen any evidence that the MFC is even close to winning a flag within the next 10 years.

I would love to be proven wrong but the team is just poor and sub standard. But lets see what they can do in 2015 to change my mind and prove they are on the way to another flag.

No, it led to a court case which slowed things down & could still be a problem.

A spurious court case that was comprehensively thrown out. And if it wasn't that there they would have found another spurious reason to obfuscate and delay this even longer (if thats possible!)

A spurious court case that was comprehensively thrown out. And if it wasn't that there they would have found another spurious reason to obfuscate and delay this even longer (if thats possible!)

A court case in which asada said that thier report given to the AFL was edited to just give them enough for thier so called BTGID.

ASADA played that line beautifully in court,to show EFC that they did indeed show due care to the club.

• Like 1

Agree and I don't want to get bogged down in this, ASADA have made mistakes along the way.

My point is many see WADA coming in over the top, I would not be a sure as some.

My point is many see WADA coming in over the top, I would not be a sure as some.

If the players get off on a technicality, or the penalties are too light, WADA (or ASADA, with WADA backing) will take it to CAS.

As they've done many times in the past. It's central to what WADA is about, making sure that local affiliates toe the line - if not, the drug laws become a mockery. Plenty of international eyes on this.

• Like 2

It's been so quiet. Not many leaks. Maybe the Essendon side don't have much worth leaking?

some smiles wiped off faces perhaps ??

Essendon v ASADA: Bombers lawyer blocked from hearing

as close to an update as I can find presently.. all hush hush ...lol

Essendon v ASADA: Bombers lawyer blocked from hearing

as close to an update as I can find presently.. all hush hush ...lol

LOL @ Wayne Henwood being on the tribunal panel

he is one of the clowns that decided Jack Viney was guilty before it was rightfully overturned

what a farce this hearing will be with idiots like Henwood deciding the outcome

• Like 1

LOL @ Wayne Henwood being on the tribunal panel

he is one of the clowns that decided Jack Viney was guilty before it was rightfully overturned

what a farce this hearing will be with idiots like Henwood deciding the outcome

hes only one....the token fwit i suspect

It is interesting isn't it. One thing seemingly all journos commenting on this palaver agree on (perhaps the only thing) is that ASADA have been poor/shoddy. I recall the lambasting the old CEO (whose name escapes me - Androuska?) copped after being cross examined in the Middleton trial.

Well Middleton didn't share the view of the peanut gallery and in fact went to some lengths to praise how considered she was in her responses and point out that she and ASADA had in fact been quite effective and the process she followed in terms of delegation were standard business practice. He even praised the joint investigation as a model, a model which had been roundly panned.

Not surprisingly this praise for ASADA was not highlighted and i don't recall a single journno even reconsidering their negative assessments, let alone change them.

Carro did, as did Patrick smith, but then again, they are the only AFL journos which know anything about this,

I find it fascinating that both those individuals go very silent when these court cases happen. They know much more than they are letting on. They must take great delight when their colleagues/competitors make complete [censored] of themselves when they swallow the Hirds' relentless propaganda

• Like 1

bb when this finalised in 2020 we will all have nothing to write about.

Oh I forgot I wont know what day it is and the rest of you will be still talking about the GF just won?

That's my boy OD. I'm getting to you. I knew you'd come round to my optimistic view of the world. It's going to be great my friend!

Mind you the one we win in 2020 will be the third leg of a trifecta!

Nathan Jones will kick the last goal of the game and Hawthorn will be vanquished by one glorious point. You and I may well be dead due to massive heart attacks but what a way to go. Would there be anything left to hang around for? Can't think of anything.

Nathan Jones will kick the last goal of the game and Hawthorn will be vanquished by one glorious point. You and I may well be dead due to massive heart attacks but what a way to go. Would there be anything left to hang around for? Can't think of anything.

No, the winning goal in the 2020 grand final will be kicked by a young 18 year old Demons midfielder by the name of Liam Fleming, streaming down from the wing and booting a 45 metre goal over the umpires hat, from the boundary line.

James Hird appeal verdict could derail ASADA case against Essendon 34

... since we have no idea which way the Federal Court Full Bench will go in the case, there's also the possibility that it won't derail the ASADA case.

Just another planted story by the Hird publicity machine in the tame Murdoch press. Has nothing to do with any real insight or for that matter the truth. It was always thus...

• Like 2

Perhaps the fact that the Bombers have been barred from the hearing is also related to the lack of leaks from the Tribunal?

Must be rather disconcerting for Little and Co to now realise they aren't running anything other than 'consulting" to the media circus.

They are no longer dealers n this game , they will however be dealt with in turn.

... since we have no idea which way the Federal Court Full Bench will go in the case, there's also the possibility that it won't derail the ASADA case.

Will be funny watching his ( JH ) face twitch and distort when his latest tilt is smacked away by the windmill's blade.

• Like 1

Carro did, as did Patrick smith, but then again, they are the only AFL journos which know anything about this,

I find it fascinating that both those individuals go very silent when these court cases happen. They know much more than they are letting on. They must take great delight when their colleagues/competitors make complete [censored] of themselves when they swallow the Hirds' relentless propaganda

They are both on vacation!

More warner comedy gold. I hope though he's right about the decision in the third appeal coming down next week. If unsuccessful I wonder what the hun spin will be.

BTW slobbo and warner won an award from the Australian sports commission for their coverage of the efc saga. One word comes to mind - how?

• Like 1

Will be funny watching his ( JH ) face twitch and distort when his latest tilt is smacked away by the windmill's blade.

And the world will be better for this

That one man, scorned and covered with scars

Still strove with his last ounce of courage

To reeeach the unreeeeachable staaaaaarrrr!!

No, the winning goal in the 2020 grand final will be kicked by a young 18 year old Demons midfielder by the name of Liam Fleming, streaming down from the wing and booting a 45 metre goal over the umpires hat, from the boundary line.

You must know something nobody else does. Who is Liam Fleming?

What should we make of this . . .

Peter Jess was a manager of two of the Essendon players during the time when the supplements regime was running.

Mr Jess told 7.30 he knew from his dealings with the club that players were being given a range of substances from late 2011.

"I spoke to a doctor that was close to the club, he said they were trialling a new range of peptides and I was concerned," he said.

Mr Jess said he raised concerns about performance-enhancing drugs (PED) including testosterone and peptides with the AFL and the Players' Association.

"In 2011, 2012 and 2013 I said I was concerned about the use of PEDs in our sport," Mr Jess said.

"And the response was that if I didn't have proof, then they weren't prepared to investigate it.

"Now, my role is not as a drug investigator. My role is if I hear things, then I am compelled to tell the peak body that I have some concerns."

Mr Jess says senior AFL executive Adrian Anderson referred him to the AFL's integrity manager but he never heard back.

Sounding like a spot of ass covering to me!