How lucky are we to have Dom Tyson!

Bring-Back-Powell

Wholly agree with the "made our own luck" aspect, but was it widely criticised at the time? Or are we counting Damo Barrett's "I've never seen him play but they gave up a high draft pick so it must be bad" as wide criticism?

based purely on the facts I don't see how anyone could be overly critical at the time - DT himself was a pick 3 and in his 15 or so games of exposed form he had quite the impressive highlights package, including this absolute doozy:

http://youtu.be/q6yxP3hPW5M?t=58s

Edited by Curry & Beer

I don't know, we did trade him for a possible future brown low mentalist that we probably wouldn't have pick if we had pick 2 anyways.

But that's what the media thinks and they are always right.

NOT!!!

Dom is awesome, his already better then that guy who left us for GWS, what's his name? I can't remember because he hasn't played a decent game since he left and hasn't lived upto his one million a year price tag.

What a Joke that was.

• Like 1

I challenge anyone to name any player in the comp who is more effective with just 35 games to his name. The more times I replay the replays of 2014, the more I appreciate how good he is, and how good he might become. In that game against Port he was on the wing with 80 seconds to go, unfortunately Grimes missed him and put it on the full - had he not, I reckon DT would have setup a play and won us that game. I said the other day that given our disastrous history of players 'not going on with it' I am tempering my excitement - but it is a difficult thing to do. His best asset is the ability to win clearances and find the goals under extreme pressure, might finish his career inside 50 ala Yze and Green

Jackson Macrae would go close.

• Like 2

I see Brownlow medal written all over Dom....

First time since probably Woey, I've seen one player I believe can win one at some stage of his career.

Based on what we have seen so far...I have no doubt it can happen.

The last three years I have looked at our list and but for a small number of kids added I have thought it was the same basic lot.

A large percentage of which were not AFL STD.

However this year a large number of those NGE's are gone and the list has a better look to it.

IMO we still have a number that are not up to Finals Std. but it is much better.

I am confident that in 2015 I will be able to go to most games and think we have a good chance of a win.

I have not had that feeling for nine years.

Go dees

Well I would never have believed it if I hadn't read it with my own eyes! I would have 'double liked' your post if that had been possible od.

• Like 3

Have I been wrong over the last nine years?

Absolutely not od. You have been spot on the money for all my life as a Demonlander .......... and that's exactly why I'm wetting myself with excitement about your prediction for 2015!

• Like 1

Have I been wrong over the last nine years?

Sorry to be a pedant but its only 8yrs we have been cra p.

Actually you're right. Even when we made finals in 06 you weren't wrong in that year either :)

Sorry to be a pedant but its only 8yrs we have been cra p.

Actually you're right. Even when we made finals in 06 you weren't wrong in that year either :)

You are really stressing my memory no jnr.

I really believe we will be better in 2015 than this year.

The extent of our improvement will depend on how fast five players come on.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Not lucky at all.

We went out and got him and had the balls to trade pick 2 which was widely criticised

DT is quickly becoming my fav player

+1

Luck had nothing to do with it.

Good management and a lot of homework.

If it wasn't for the compromised draft we should picked him up then.

Along with Tomlinson.

Well this is an oddly positive thread! Liking it.

I love the Dom for the fact Miss Deeko loves the Dom.

That means that unlike years gone past when Miss Deeko has wanted to do something else other than watching the dees (doesnt understand the game, her only fault) she now wants to watch so she can watch the kid and no longer gives me grief about it.

I'm happy with this although I'm never going to a dees function with her if the Dom is going to attend.

Perspective Deeko...think of him as 'the warm-up' act.

• Like 1

A bit of a fluff piece article this, but a good read nonetheless. He certainly seems to be loving the footy club.
There was one sentence in their though, that has me lost for words for how lucky we are to have Dom Tyson.

'He did not miss a beat for the rest of the season, showing toughness to play 22 games after suffering a finger tendon injury in round nine.

He even resisted an offer to finish his season early, when surgeons suggested he have a season ending-operation on his finger after round 18.
After checking there was no risk he would do extra damage, Tyson said thanks but no thanks, preferring to play every game, proving to himself as much as others his resilience.'
This is the exact type of player we've needed. The season was over, there was little to play for but he wanted to press on for the jumper. I really liked him before, but this reinforces how much a terrific player he is. We didn't just trade in a good footballer, we traded in a good person.
Edited by Arrow
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...