• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jeremy on the move?

BIG JIM

I told Howie. 750K a season was being quoted, he was shocked, all players only have one go at this, as long as a player gives his all for the team during the season I don't care if they get an offer they can't refuse and take it, it's not like any of us have never changed jobs for a better deal

Like Chip?

He went hard.....well, 20% of the time.

Too many here are seduced by his highlight reel. IMO he's a selfish player and lacks team discipline. The only thing this club has done well in the past decade has been getting candidates short listed for MOTY.

I think he was good in back line this year.

Clubs have really woken up to his leap, so watch how many players block his run now.....

• Like 3

Seems like GWS have achieved what they set out to do and upset the apple cart.

I can tell you as fact they offered Geelong the following:

2 top 10 picks for Steve Johnson (Cats rang Stevie J but he insisted he wanted to be a 1 club player)

2 top 10 picks for Steve Motlop

1 top 10 pick and a 2nd round pick for any of Duncan, Caddy or Stokes

1 top 10 pick and a 3rd round pick for Blicavs (the Cats really rate Blicavs and turned it down)

I don't believe it.

Many here assure me the 'one club player' thing doesn't exist anymore.

Clubs have really woken up to his leap, so watch how many players block his run now.....

The interesting thing about Howe is that he can jump from the front or the back of a pack onto blokes shoulder., It's not that easy to stop him jumping unless he's double teamed

• Like 1

The interesting thing about Howe is that he can jump from the front or the back of a pack onto blokes shoulder., It's not that easy to stop him jumping unless he's double teamed

It's been very easy 'Wells' when he has been playing deep forward. They shepherd him off the ball and block so he doesn't get to jump. Now you and I know it's illegal but for some reason Campbell's umpires don't.

• Like 4

I don't believe it.

Many here assure me the 'one club player' thing doesn't exist anymore.

Be fair - I think many here have assured you that loyalty rather than one club player doesn't exist anymore. At least unconditional loyalty.

As long as a player ( including Jones) is offered what they consider fair and are happy with the club then they will be loyal.

Offer Jones $400K over four years and see how loyal he is.

• Like 1

Be fair - I think many here have assured you that loyalty rather than one club player doesn't exist anymore. At least unconditional loyalty.

As long as a player ( including Jones) is offered what they consider fair and are happy with the club then they will be loyal.

Yep

• Like 1

Loyalty is a two way street. If Jones is offered, say, $750k to go to Richmond and a similar amount to go to Carlton, and the Demons have $400k on the table for him - well, clearly no one with a sane mind would argue that he should recommit to a club that's not showing him sufficient respect.

Any deal needs to be broadly commensurate with market value, especially if it's not an offer that's being pitched against a silly offer from a start up franchise. Surely this much is so obvious it need not be repeatedly stated.

Am I the only one who thinks.."Dang :huh: ...we could have had pick 7 !! " ..? :o

Loyalty is a two way street. If Jones is offered, say, $750k to go to Richmond and a similar amount to go to Carlton, and the Demons have $400k on the table for him - well, clearly no one with a sane mind would argue that he should recommit to a club that's not showing him sufficient respect.

Any deal needs to be broadly commensurate with market value, especially if it's not an offer that's being pitched against a silly offer from a start up franchise. Surely this much is so obvious it need not be repeatedly stated.

Therein lies the problem. Clubs are usually prepared to offer more money to coax a player out of a rival club. is $100K difference in salary's sufficient respect ? $200K ? What about 4 year contract instead of 2 ? Loyalty therefore is completely subjective and is measured differently by different footballers. Scully was offered a truckload of money to go to GWS but I consider him disloyal as he has given us nothing yet. Clark was disloyal as IMO he had not given the MFC enough back for what we paid him or how we supported him.

And if you suggest that loyalty is a two street when it comes to financial offerings then should it not be same with offering similar work conditions.

When Rivers left the club he had 3-4 years left of football in him. So the offer from Geelong is play with us and have a very good chance for your last 3 years of playing finals or stay with the MFC with no hope as it was at the time he left. Wasn't that just another working condition we can't compete with (at present). Is it disloyal to go to a club to play finals when your current club cannot offer you the same.

• Like 1

Just wondering, why an offer of $750k to Jones (or anyone) by Richmond/Carlton vs the Demons offer of $x is different to $750K by a franchise club? Club shouldn't matter: Silly is silly...

'Silly' offers are being made all the time: Swans/Buddy, Bulldogs/Boyd, GWS/Scully, Lions/Beams, Demons/Dangerfield (based on rumours). 'Silly' offers are part of the new world. Don't like it.

I'm tipping the club will make the right offers to players the club needs to take us upward and onward.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

If GWS were still interested next year, I'd be happy to discuss a swap for A Treloar or D Shiel.

Woulkd take Treloar in a heartbeat.Give him keys to the safe.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks.."Dang :huh: ...we could have had pick 7 !! " ..? :o

Only in the context that together with either pick 2 or 3 it might have got us Dangerfield or another A grader which seemed to be the thinking behind the Trengove trade for pick 12. If it was just pick 7 in this draft I wouldn't be so excited. From what I have read we'd be better off with Howe than the players available at pick 7 this year. Evidently I rate Howe higher than a lot on here.

IMO He is an average footballer who takes the occasional unbelievable Mark.

I think at the right price he is a keep.

However in today's AFL he is trade able for the right deal.

It is just the world we now live in, I don't like this world

However I have no choice.

Should have traded him at the end of 2013.

You are joking.. I really don't like abuse and have rarely posted having been subjected to the same but this is stupidity beyond comprehension. One of our best who has sacrificed his "glory" instincts to place himself in front of leading forwards at great personal risk to intercept passes (check the numbers). Extraordinary post.

• Like 1

For every Chip Frawley and Tom $€u££¥ there's a Chris Grant.

Beautifully said if statistically incorrect, and the new listing of that lying slime who went to GW$ is brilliant.

Just wondering, why an offer of $750k to Jones (or anyone) by Richmond/Carlton vs the Demons offer of $x is different to $750K by a franchise club? Club shouldn't matter: Silly is silly...

'Silly' offers are being made all the time: Swans/Buddy, Bulldogs/Boyd, GWS/Scully, Lions/Beams, Demons/Dangerfield (based on rumours). 'Silly' offers are part of the new world. Don't like it.

I'm tipping the club will make the right offers to players the club needs to take us upward and onward.

Silly might be silly. But not all players move for silly. Some do, most don't or won't.

And there are slightly unique reasons underlying Franklin's, Boyd's and Beams' silly offers/moves too.

So, why do the silly offers only rarely does dislodge required players?

Simple - most players want to be one club players. It's cultural. I suspect it's why most Army guys don't want to leave their platoon before their time - they want to be there for their mates.

I always remain surprised that some of you don't seem to get what appears to be totally obvious to me.

AFL is not an international code - it's all about club success - that's Everest in this game. And it's what many players growing up aspire to achieve in their careers - i.e. ultimate success over many years with one club.

Simple. For most at least.