How important is the resurgence of Trengove?

P-man

Just heard talk on SEN that he has hurt his foot again whilst doing a fitness test for Richmond.

So Richmond don't want him now, we don't want him, but he is still a demon and once again injured.

Don't know how to feel about this situation.

Feel sad for him. The poor bastard got drafted by a club in a death spiral, got made captain well before his time, lost his speed and kicking depth, got seriously injured and then thought on the mend, has been shopped around by the club he showed uncommon loyalty to and yesterday finds out he is a long way from even training let alone playing footy.

He must be in a dark place.

It is a setback for the club but a disaster for Jack

• Like 2

This thread just went from theoretical to moot.

Unfortunately the answer to the OP has been delivered and its not to anyone's liking.

I just ate a large piece of skin from the back of my hand.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-14/jack-trengove-staying-in-melbourne/5811866?section=sport

Trenners will stay a Demon..."This is obviously devastating news for Jack and we will seek further advice from surgeons for a plan moving forward so he can return to playing football. Josh Mahoney

Edited by All the Jacks

if he doesnt play next year I hope we still offer him another contract.

I hope we listen to the surgeons on the likelihood of him returning to the field before we do anything.

• Like 1

if he doesnt play next year I hope we still offer him another contract.

You must be joking?!

On what grounds would you re sign a player who doesn't play a game next season?

As if this isn't bad enough you want to throw away more money on an extremely tenuous possibility that he might, just remotely might play again!

Nup I'm calling it!

Finished!

Edited by picket fence

Poor bloke, shocking news for him and the club. Bang goes another early drfat pick who should be a midfield stalwart. The young fella must be devastated. I hope the club does everything possible to look after him regardless of the outcome for his foot.

• Like 3

You must be joking?!

On what grounds would you re sign a player who doesn't play a game next season?

As if this isn't bad enough you want to throw away more money on an extremely tenuous possibility that he might, just remotely might play again!

Nup I'm calling it!

Finished!

Not quite the words Id choose but the vein unfortunately is not far off the mark, for mine.

Elsewhere Ive commented similar, in that I think he may be staring down the barrel as far as footy goes.

As a club we were prepared to play on without him by trading him. We will have to play on regardless without his input as he'll offer none unfortunately. You have to think if his card's not stamped yet , they're inking up in readiness.

You have to be at the top of your game to keep in it at this level. He's a fair few yards away from that. I'm not sure the club will be benelovent beyond sense and really, should it be ?

Sad news for Trenners as well as whatever deal we were going to try and do.

In terms of his injury I saw on his twitter feed people telling him to talk to Hird, suggesting he came back after 2 years out with same injury to play career best football? Dare to hope?

In terms of his injury I saw on his twitter feed people telling him to talk to Hird, suggesting he came back after 2 years out with same injury to play career best football? Dare to hope?

Hird had that Shane Carter guy helping him...yeah, the one who sourced TB4 for Danks from China.

Trenners would be best served staying as far away as HIrd as possible!!!

must be quite surreal :wacko:

great :mellow: ...foot's still stuffed

great :) ...still a Demon

He had surgery on his foot in mid April, so about six months a go

So going by if he needs to have surgery on his foot again, he won't be running till at least mid April, and i'd imagine they'd be even more cautious this time so probably mid May.

From that point it's going to take at least 2 months probably 3 before he'd be ready to play a game

So probably if he plays next year it won't be till the last few rounds

If he manages to play a few games next year and his foot holds up, Great you resign him

But the main thing Trengove needs to do for us resign him is to be able to get through several weeks of full training without breaking down. If he can do that you offer him a one year contract or a 2 year contract with performance clauses for the 2nd year.

If he's still having some pain you delist him, but keep him training with you. Depending how he goes you look to pick him up in pre-season or rookie draft.

If his foot goes again, at best you offer him a rookie spot, otherwise offer him a coaching job

• Like 2

Poor bloke, shocking news for him and the club. Bang goes another early drfat pick who should be a midfield stalwart. The young fella must be devastated. I hope the club does everything possible to look after him regardless of the outcome for his foot.

The only positive I can think of, is that I'm very confident that the Club will do exactly that.

• Like 1

This will be just the rocket Trengove needs.

There will be no complacency while he recovers and sits on the sidelines.

He'll have a burning desire to prove the doubters wrong, I think this will be the making of Jack.

Trenners main issue for mine has been a lack of aggression, so hopefully this situation brings it out on the field.

• Like 1

This will be just the rocket Trengove needs.

There will be no complacency while he recovers and sits on the sidelines.

He'll have a burning desire to prove the doubters wrong, I think this will be the making of Jack.

Trenners main issue for mine has been a lack of aggression, so hopefully this situation brings it out on the field.

When has he ever been complacent whilst convalescing and recovering ? Hes done just about everything you can do to get yourself back into shape. It just hasnt healed properly. Not for want of any effort on his part.

Jack is already "made" he just needs to be fit for footy. This is where I don't particularly share the optimism of many here i just have that nagging suspicion he'll spend most of the next 6 months getting close...only for his foot to do it to him all over again.

I really wish him well. Id love season 2 version of JT out there. I just think it wont pan out that way.

I am not medical expert but Id have to think the more times it fails( his foot ) the less likely it gets to ever get back to %100.

He deserves better luck.

He could stay in house. Viv Michie did his Navicular in his first year at Freo and re injured the foot in the second year. Long time out and in a boot but he came back. Won a B&F at Peel playing just 16 games. He will be a big influence next season if given a chance.

• Like 1