Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Some say we shouldn't pay overs , but I believe we should move heaven and earth.

A guy who consistently finishes top 5 in the brown low year after year, and someone who drags the team along with him, a huge tank, goal kicker and match winner?

We've been down too long.......it's time to rise

Obviously it's a ridiculous fantasy but.. Trenners is one of our highest paid players. Offloading him would allow us to pay Danger $1m/year and Beams $800k/year. Lock both into 6 year contracts and it's financially tempting, especially if they both know one another are coming to the club and on-field success suddenly looks very healthy.

Picks 3 and 12 will get it done for Beams. Trade off a Watts/Howe/Grimes type for another first rounder and we can package pick 2 and ~10 for Danger.

Not as farfetched as it seems.

3 & 12 for Beams & 48

2 & Toumpas/Watts for Dangerfield

Jeezus now you blokes have got me indulging in these fantasy trades, will be a good few days having these delusions dancing round my head til I come thudding back to earth...

• Like 4

What about Pick 2, 3 and 12 (Jack Trengrove to Richmond trade) to Adelaide

for...

Patrick Dangerfield, Jarryd Lyons and their second round pick (31)

Pick 31 is then traded to GWS for Sam Frost.

This seems to a fair trade for both sides. Personally I would like to see the Dee's keep Trenners and take picks 2,3 and 23 into the draft but this seems the logical way to get a gun and two other emerging players that have been in the system for a couple years.

Edited by jezhug

for...

This seems to a fair trade for both sides. Personally I would like to see the Dee's keep Trenners and take picks 2,3 and 23 into the draft but this seems the logical way to get a gun and two other emerging players that have been in the system for a couple years.

We need to keep an early pic for Brayshaw.

By all accounts Roos loves the dude

• Like 1

Obviously it's a ridiculous fantasy but.. Trenners is one of our highest paid players. Offloading him would allow us to pay Danger $1m/year and Beams $800k/year. Lock both into 6 year contracts and it's financially tempting, especially if they both know one another are coming to the club and on-field success suddenly looks very healthy.

Picks 3 and 12 will get it done for Beams. Trade off a Watts/Howe/Grimes type for another first rounder and we can package pick 2 and ~10 for Danger.

Not as farfetched as it seems.

After Clark and Frawley going and not paying 100% of the cap and the cap increasing I think money is the last reason we would be moving Trenners on.

This is a bad move, this will bite us on the ar$e.

Especially for a very poor deal like offered. Trenners and 23 for 12 is stupid.

• Like 3

for...

NUP

I'd do P-3, 12, & 23 for Danger,,,,, BUT NO Way, give both Picks 2 & 3 away this year in one deal.

keep p-3 for Brayshaw/Petracca/McCartin

----------------------------------------------------

In fact I still prefer P-3 Shiel & Frost,,, or P-3 + 23+ for Shiel/DSmith

Phil Walsh's appointment may have changed the thinking at the Crows.

They risk losing Dangerfield for only a compensation pick after their first rounder if he leaves as a Free Agent at end of 2015.

In the context of that fact and that they would get more value of they traded him to a club able to provide that greater return and which Dangerfield wants to join.

Makes business sense but footy is a strange business,

Phil Walsh's appointment may have changed the thinking at the Crows.

They risk losing Dangerfield for only a compensation pick after their first rounder if he leaves as a Free Agent at end of 2015.

In the context of that fact and that they would get more value of they traded him to a club able to provide that greater return and which Dangerfield wants to join.

Makes business sense but footy is a strange business,

Or... this Phil guy has a pretty high opinion of himself and thinks he can turn the club around, play finals, and convince Danger to re-sign instead of losing him.

Danger's only spoken to him over the phone, but presumably there's a bit to play out here. Walsh seems to have a very Neeld-esque my way or the highway approach. Will it work with that playing group?

Both Danger and Beams isn't as unrealistic as it sounds. We can afford both, we have the trade currency for both (if the other teams play ball, Collingwood accept 3 & 12, Adelaide 2 & Toumpas), and we have a settled coaching group ready to take us to the next level.

Beams/Danger/Tyson/Jones/Vince/Cross/Viney/Salem is an exceptional mix of experienced talent, young and old.

Yeah, I'm probably dreaming...

Edited by Lamashtu

I hadn't heard anything for nearly a week and thought this dead. hearing now things looking very positive.

for those scoring at home, same source that gave me Clark, Roos and Bartlett.

im very confident tonight.

Christ this trade period is out of control. Is he, isnt he all over the shop.

she-loves-me-she-loves-me-not.jpg

He's Is, He Isn't, He is... :unsure:

• Like 2

That midfield gets you in the 8

With Hogan, Dawes, JKH, Garlett, Watts (shrug) and Kent in the forward line waiting for their delivery. Lamumba, Frost, Macdonald, Jetta, Dunn and Grimes defending at the other end. Exciting stuff... on paper, at least.

• Like 1

That midfield gets you in the 8

Dreaming...key 'midfielder' missing! A ruckman! Jamar is getting on and no else is yet ready to step up. We won't get to the 8 without an equally good ruckman in the 'midfield'!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

It easily gets you on the 8. With that midfield Jones and Tyson don't get a main tag and Viney 6 or 7 in line has no pressure at all

Yeah, in theory, but that's not really how it works. I love his attack on the ball, but he's got to improve his disposal big time - hopefully with another year under his belt, he will. I wouldn't be expecting a great deal from Salem either, so it leaves you with five or six man midfield. Granted, Beams, Dangerfield and probably even Jones are A grade and with them around and natural improvement, you'd expect Tyson could set up to A grade too. Vince would be a better player and Cross would be too.

If it all goes right, you probably make the 8. My concern then is where do the goals come from if we have any injuries in our forwardline?

Edited by AdamFarr

Goodness me, is Dangerfield a Demon yet? I can't keep opening this thread. Just cut out the middle man, give Adelaide 2, 23, Trengove and Toumpas for Dangerfield, Lyons and 10, then hurl 3 and 10 to Collingwood for Beams and 48, then 48 to GWS for Frost, Clark on his bike for Lumumba and 55, head to the draft with 55 and change for Stretch and Jetta. Robert's your uncle, Franny's your aunt.

• Like 7

Goodness me, is Dangerfield a Demon yet? I can't keep opening this thread. Just cut out the middle man, give Adelaide 2, 23, Trengove and Toumpas for Dangerfield, Lyons and 10, then hurl 3 and 10 to Collingwood for Beams and 48, then 48 to GWS for Frost, Clark on his bike for Lumumba and 55, head to the draft with 55 and change for Stretch and Jetta. Robert's your uncle, Franny's your aunt.

[censored] that sounds good. With Beams and Dangerifled, we would go from the worst midfield in the comp, to the best midfield in the comp definitely.