Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

I would say the Judd to Carlton thing has been a massive fail. The club has built itself to an average middle rung team who really don't have a lot of upside.

The jury is still out on Ablett and GC. He is a great player but I would be very concerned at how his teammates fell in a heap when he wasn't on the ground to hold their hands.

Yeah they'd be much better with Masten running around. Theyd love to have Kennedy but Judd has him beat for value

Yeah they'd be much better with Masten running around. Theyd love to have Kennedy but Judd has him beat for value

It's not about Judd & Kennedy, it's about where it got Carlton. Next to nowhere is my opinion.

Getting one big fish is not necessarily the answer.

• Like 3

It's not about Judd & Kennedy, it's about where it got Carlton. Next to nowhere is my opinion.

Got them out of a pretty big hole and up to finals. Gave them leadership and made the other players walk taller. You have to remember they were in a big mess before they got Judd. Personally with Vince, Jones, Tyson and some high draft picks I'd hope we have turned the corner a bit already and aren't so desperate that we'd go all in on Dangerfield (who's also a much lesser player) like Carlton did with Judd.

where carlton are is down to hundreds of decisions - mostly bad ones. not just this one, albeit big trade.

meanwhile, i'm loving them being cr-ap :-)

Carlton aren't crap because of Judd. They're crap because the rest of their recruiting and trading has been [censored]. They blew a massive chance by not capitalising on Judd. We add dangerfield plus a top 3 pick, put Hogan in, keep Clark, grab Lumumba, Malceski and draft well next year and who knows what will happen and who else we might attract. Well run clubs are generally successful.

Without Judd, they may have ended up exactly where we've been.

Talented kids thrown to the wolves, who end up being shells of themselves.

• Like 6

Exactly

It blows my mind that we all witnessed the staggering failure of Bailey/Neeld's 'let's just get 50 games into these high draft picks and the problem will go away' , yet so many want to hang on to the precious picks. It's not the answer and Roos knows it. We need quality imports just like last year , and little by little build a well-balanced side

• Like 2

...but they're heading nowhere 'Machsy', in fact they're probably in a worse position than us now.

Next year will tell the tale but I would be surprised if we don't jump them.

...but they're heading nowhere 'Machsy', in fact they're probably in a worse position than us now.

it still means nothing because we can't tell if they would be better or worse had they held onto those picks

Carlton are where they are now cos they thought Juddy would be enough at the time. They drafted him and thought it would all fall into place. We know our whole team needs improving and Dandgerfield will be a part of that and we will build on it.

No one player is enough to turn it around but if you think that's not reason to draft Dangerfield you're a moron

• Like 1

Only because we bottomed out like no one before us, and the immense challenge attracted some greats of the game.

I don't think missing out on a great player is the cause of Carlton's woes.

I thinks it's the mindset of "bring Juddy in, stick talented kids around him, and the rest will take care of itself!"

Didn't work, and now they're perenially stuck in the purgatory of 14th-8th

• Like 1

Only because we bottomed out like no one before us, and the immense challenge attracted some greats of the game.

I don't think missing out on a great player is the cause of Carlton's woes.

I thinks it's the mindset of "bring Juddy in, stick talented kids around him, and the rest will take care of itself!"

Didn't work, and now they're perenially stuck in the purgatory of 14th-8th

Particularly, if they don't realise it. And whether Mick wants to last another rebuild will also become a factor.

Trenners v Toumpas is a hard one.

Trenners was awesome at the start and his slowness is hopefully the result of an injury rather than smashed confidence from being made captain. If he can recover he is definately worth keeping.

Toumpas is fast and he just seems to have very low confidence and second guesses. I noticed preseason he was putting in more than anyone else so it worried me that he had minimal impact. There was a whisper at the golf club a while back that us taking Toump was a ploy by other recruiters. Talk up a pick and then at the last minute let it slip down and see if there are any takers. No idea if there is truth to that.

OH. MY. GOD!!!!

Facebook said it's happening!!!!!

I just wet myself with excitement!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

My take..........Thanks to Skyhooks song "Smut"

Slip into a cinema and give yourself a treat

Better take a raincoat could be sticky on the seat

Open up you Twisties and open up your fly

Pictures start to flicker as your hand moves down your thigh

If your mother knew what you were doing

She'd probably hang her head and cry

And if she thought that you were whipping the dripping

She'd give you a belt, extract all the teeth of your fly

Munchy Munchy Twisties the shorts are such a drag

Make a little opening in the other end of your bag

Now put your Twisties right down there in your lap

No-one ever guesses whatsit's in the pack

If your mother knew what you were doing...etc.

Ooh la la la la la la la la...etc.

Better get a grip on yourself

You better pull yourself together..

Picture's almost over but still your not quite there

John Wayne pulls his gun out and you wish he'd some to spare

Then they turn the lights on and people start to stare

You find you've got a boot full and your coat's stuck to the chair

If your mother knew what you were doing...etc.

Ooh la la la la la la la la...etc.

Edited by picket fence

The only thing that could excite people is that both my sources (1 admin, 1 board member) have failed to take my calls today. Maybe my time as a reliable inside source of info is over, then again maybe.........................

Whats the matter GNF u don't know where these folks live!!!

Come on man find out!!

• Like 1

Trenners v Toumpas is a hard one.

Trenners was awesome at the start and his slowness is hopefully the result of an injury rather than smashed confidence from being made captain. If he can recover he is definately worth keeping.

Toumpas is fast and he just seems to have very low confidence and second guesses. I noticed preseason he was putting in more than anyone else so it worried me that he had minimal impact. There was a whisper at the golf club a while back that us taking Toump was a ploy by other recruiters. Talk up a pick and then at the last minute let it slip down and see if there are any takers. No idea if there is truth to that.

Toumpas is fast????? Sheeit Iv'e never seen it!

Ok IN SPITE OF THAT FACT THAT I THINK THIS IS ALL CRAPOLA

Toumpas AND Trengove with pick 3 for Dangerman!!

I am sorry but this time around I can't shine any light onto whether there is any truth to rumour that Danger to MFC deal is close to being agreed. If true I am a little surprised it is out pre GF. As I have previously mentioned I can confirm the MFC are making a play and have been behind the scene for much of the season, but that is all I know.

The only thing that could excite people is that both my sources (1 admin, 1 board member) have failed to take my calls today. Maybe my time as a reliable inside source of info is over, then again maybe.........................

Do they know you post info on here GNF? Perhaps keeping cards close to their chest as a result?

This will be my last post on the matter but I managed to find out today that he did meet with melbourne officials.

I didn't ask if he had toured aami park or not, however this is now as close to happening without a signature. He is quite frustrated at his treatment both in the media and at adelaide headquarters from several key coaches and members. I'm not going to list those but as it stands patty is 97-99% going to be a Demon.

• Like 24

This will be my last post on the matter but I managed to find out today that he did meet with melbourne officials.

I didn't ask if he had toured aami park or not, however this is now as close to happening without a signature. He is quite frustrated at his treatment both in the media and at adelaide headquarters from several key coaches and members. I'm not going to list those but as it stands patty is 97-99% going to be a Demon.

Pat-Dee Dangerfield...bring it on!

• Like 3