Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Just on that WJ, out of the 3 OOC stars at the crows (Sloane, Danger & Tex) I believe Danger & Tex are the two able to leave under FA, albeit probably restricted. All 3 could get offers of $800k plus in today's environment of expanding salary caps & surely they can't afford them all without the players accepting taking less each to all stay.

The one we don't talk about much here is Tex, yet after the Tippett saga at the crows, there was all this talk about Tex being the first crow to be locked up to a really long term big contract. But this never happened!!!

Anyone got any 'whispers' as to why?

It was over a year ago now they wanted to lock him up long term & if I was them I'd be just as worried about the situation as Danger.

Here's one of several articles stating they were going to keep him off the market & he's obviously been knocking back extending for a long time now.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-move-to-lock-in-taylor-walker-to-a-long-term-contract/story-e6frf9jf-1226597643178

Just on that WJ, out of the 3 OOC stars at the crows (Sloane, Danger & Tex) I believe Danger & Tex are the two able to leave under FA, albeit probably restricted. All 3 could get offers of $800k plus in today's environment of expanding salary caps & surely they can't afford them all without the players accepting taking less each to all stay.

The one we don't talk about much here is Tex, yet after the Tippett saga at the crows, there was all this talk about Tex being the first crow to be locked up to a really long term big contract. But this never happened!!!

Anyone got any 'whispers' as to why?

It was over a year ago now they wanted to lock him up long term & if I was them I'd be just as worried about the situation as Danger.

Here's one of several articles stating they were going to keep him off the market & he's obviously been knocking back extending for a long time now.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-move-to-lock-in-taylor-walker-to-a-long-term-contract/story-e6frf9jf-1226597643178

Sloane will be a 7 year player at end of 2015 ie 1 year short of free agency.

I wonder what the Crows would do if Sloane requested a 1 year extension only. Or are they having a conversation now about his willingness to sign long term in context of what Dees could offer in a trade. Given their lack of access to early draft picks getting players in a year early would expedite progress of their rebuild. Much the same as Dangerfield the standard business risk management would be to trade now if a long term commitment is not forthcoming given the lower returns they would get under FA compensation.

Interesting times!

I believe it is Dangerfield. I received a call earlier today from a mate who is connected to the Club as a Player Sponsor and he has put his reputation on the line and declared that as soon as the Pick 12 comes in it will be Dangerfield for Picks 2 & 12.

Effectively, Picks 2, 12 & 23 plus Jack Trengove for Dangerfield.

Dangerfield and Adelaide have categorically said otherwise, nice try though.

I believe it is Dangerfield. I received a call earlier today from a mate who is connected to the Club as a Player Sponsor and he has put his reputation on the line and declared that as soon as the Pick 12 comes in it will be Dangerfield for Picks 2 & 12.

Effectively hey?? So crows are magicians ending up with both sides of our trade with Richmond!! Wow

Dangerfield and Adelaide have categorically said otherwise, nice try though.

Have Adelaide made any comment since Phil Walsh was appointed coach?

Again comes back to the risks for Adelaide in allowing Dangerfield going into his FA season unsigned. And of course Dangerfield agreeing to join the Dees if Adelaide asks him to sign long term or agree to a trade.

Do they gamble on Dangerfield staying long term and thus forsake receiving more for him now than they would if he leaves as a FA.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to work out the cost of the deal and just stick to passing on the info.

My thinking is that with all this discussion about dispensing with Free Agency compensation that Adelaide has thought they should do the deal.

I really don't care one way or the other.

Petracca - 2

Brayshay - 3

& Ahern or Laverde or DeGoey with 12 was floating my boat.

If I was Adelaide I'd rather pick 2, 23 and Trengove (SA boy) over pick 2 and 12. Easily.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to work out the cost of the deal and just stick to passing on the info.

My thinking is that with all this discussion about dispensing with Free Agency compensation that Adelaide has thought they should do the deal.

Petracca - 2

Brayshay - 3

My opinion is the 3 you mention at 12 are all a couple of years off really contributing at afl level & Petracca is still a work in progress as a mid despite dominating as a junior, he's not as sure a thing or as pure a footballer as Brayshaw. But I'm no recruiter.

Despite my smart ass reply above, appreciate you passing in what you've heard! Thnks

Petracca - 2

Brayshay - 3

He's on DeGoey?

• Like 1

I would like Paddy too but that is one hell of a lot for one player???

• Like 1

I would like Paddy too but that is one hell of a lot for one player???

2, 23 and Trengove is very similar to what Carlton paid for Judd (and Kennedy is a better player than Trengove).

It's a high price, but that's the price. Do we want a star player in the red and blue or not?

• Like 4

It's overs, whatever way I look at it.

I want a star in the red and blue but that's just overs.

It's overs, whatever way I look at it.

I want a star in the red and blue but that's just overs.

What is? Demoneyes [censored] eyed version of Picks 3,12,23 & Trenners (with both sides of the Richmond trade going to Adelaide for no apparent reason) or the actual trade which is effectively Picks 3,23 & Trenners?

I think Danger & Beams (& Sloane or Parker) would be worth that. Easily.

Pick 12 is Richmond's for now people!!

If you want a star you pay for it, Blues paid Pick 2 plus Kennedy who was pick 5 with 2 years development in him for Judd. Stars cost!

What is? Demoneyes [censored] eyed version of Picks 3,12,23 & Trenners (with both sides of the Richmond trade going to Adelaide for no apparent reason) or the actual trade which is effectively Picks 3,23 & Trenners?

I think Danger & Beams (& Sloane or Parker) would be worth that. Easily.

Pick 12 is Richmond's for now people!!

If you want a star you pay for it, Blues paid Pick 2 plus Kennedy who was pick 5 with 2 years development in him for Judd. Stars cost!

Dangerfield is a known quantity and I'm sure if he joined the club he'd add value immediately.

It's the potential of Trengove, unhindered by injury and leadership concerns and the possibility of drafting either Brayshaw or Petracca with 3 that I have issue with.

• Like 2

Dangerfield is a known quantity and I'm sure if he joined the club he'd add value immediately.

It's the potential of Trengove, unhindered by injury and leadership concerns and the possibility of drafting either Brayshaw or Petracca with 3 that I have issue with.

Fair enough. FWIW I rate Brayshaw as the surest thing in the draft, Petracca still a work in progress as a midfielder & neither certain stars of the afl in a weak draft pool. But that's just my opinion.

Trenners equalling his best year (from 3 years ago) let alone bettering it in 2015 is even more of a gamble in my mind too, although I'd love him to become a star like many others here, I just don't see it.

It's because it's only "potential" that the numbers aren't higher. In reality, he just hasn't done enough.

Pick 3 + Pick 23 for Dangerfield

We get into Dangers ear, offer some coin, offer a long contract and a chance to play under Simon Goodwin soon. Get him to request a trade.

Also get into Phil Walsh's ear, remind him that Danger is a FA next year, and he'll leave for less than we're offering.

See what can be done, and we keep Trengove.

2, 23 and Trengove is very similar to what Carlton paid for Judd (and Kennedy is a better player than Trengove).

It's a high price, but that's the price. Do we want a star player in the red and blue or not?

How did the scum do from that? One good year and a tonne of money and picks spent. FFS we beat them this year.

I don't want Dangerhead. I love his work but the price is too high, and I don't want the club giving away everything on a bloke that may or may not crash into a goalpost each week.

• Like 1

And people also get hung up on steak knives - "Pick 3 fair enough but do we have to give Pick 23?"

I'm sorry but we are not in a position to turn down trades if clubs want our second round picks or perennially crocked solid citizens - we need some quality players and we need them now.

I don't think this is an existential question but we have got to make the most of the three off seasons with Roos giving the spiel.

• Like 2