Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm    

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daniel Merrett

Fat Tony

Brisbane's list has been slashed by 10 players due to retirement and delisting. If Merret were to be traded they are in a position to take a pick and player in return. Which player would work as a set of steak knives in a Merret deal?

It's interesting as we aren't in a position to offer someone simply struggling for a run in the side who has talent - the ones who don't play have been very poor and are worthless on the open market. We don't have a Shane Savage, for example, who has looked good in a good side but struggled for a regular run and was easy to trade to someone else. Guys like Evans, Blease, Tapscott, Strauss.... they simply have no value, not even as steak knives.

With the knowledge that we still need to have 3 picks in the draft I will be interested to see, if he wants to come to us, what we will give up to get him.

I'm happy with the prospect of Merrett at a reasonable price. Imo he offers similar to what Frawley has given in the last couple of years, plus a bit more endeavor and a harder edge.

Brisbane's list has been slashed by 10 players due to retirement and delisting. If Merret were to be traded they are in a position to take a pick and player in return. Which player would work as a set of steak knives in a Merret deal?

Our steak knives are all blunt.

• Like 2

He's a free agent right? So no need to trade, although we wouldn't want to dilute our Frawley compensation if he does end up coming to us via free agency

New rule means that the compensation we receive for Chip is set as soon as he signs a new contract. The compensation won't be 'diluted'.

I am a bit circumspect on the Merrett idea. Reasoning:

• I would rather focus resources on the midfield.
  • I don't think Merrett is athletic enough. And the game is going towards more athletic mid size defenders rather than guerilla tamers. Sydney made the grand final with Richards, Grundy and Rampe as tall defenders. Hawthorn used Lake, Gibson, Hodge, Birchall and Stratton.
  • He is nearly 30.
  • I don't think a forward line of Merrett and Dawes would work.
  • Hogan will have a massive impact as a key forward.
  • We may draft McCartin.
Edited by Fat Tony

There is a trade rumour that Blease is to be swapped for Butcher at Port.

Gee i don't know.

Ok then.

First we trade Fitzpatrick & our 4th round pick to Carlton for their Waite compensation. (Likely band 4, end of 2nd round. Approx 41) Even throw Blease in also to get it done if need be.

Trade Pick 41 & 3 to Brisbane for Merrett & Pick 5.

Pick 3 may give Brisbane a little more currency for the Beams trade, as the filth will know they'll land McCartin to help their forward line issues. Brisbane will then just need to come up with a role player for icing on the cake for the filth.

Y lose Fitzpatrick who could b good and slide 2 places plus pick 41 for a 30 year old who's past it.

Mahoney confirmed on SEN this morning that we, alongside Frost, have been sniffing around this bloke to fill the hole of Frawley

"It's very early on in negotiations, but we'd like to think we're well placed for both of them,"

(http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/dees-target-defenders?utm_medium=RSS)

Thoughts?

29 Years old. Can be very dangerous. Has a heap of Cee U Next Tuesday about him, which is what our players need. Especially if you look at how Hawthorn played/won the Grand Final.

Wouldn't mind him as long as we don't give up much for him.

Cee U Next Tuesday, to fill the whole now Frawley's behind.

if Chip plays forward next year, 'Mr Cee U Next Tuesday' may well fill the hole out from goal. He's got some of that Matthews Lions stiffness about him. could iron out some of our creases.

I am a bit circumspect on the Merrett idea. Reasoning:

• I would rather focus resources on the midfield.
  • I don't think Merrett is athletic enough. And the game is going towards more athletic mid size defenders rather than guerilla tamers. Sydney made the grand final with Richards, Grundy and Rampe as tall defenders. Hawthorn used Lake, Gibson, Hodge, Birchall and Stratton.
  • He is nearly 30.
  • I don't think a forward line of Merrett and Dawes would work.
  • Hogan will have a massive impact as a key forward.
  • We may draft McCartin.

a culture of hard contesting is the first thing we have to learn & adopt into our culture, so our newbies learn it right from the time they sort their pretty soft feet on our floors.

after we entrench that missing hardness, our new players with not learn the wrong way from the time they pull on the jumper for the very first fitting.

$kills after hard competing for the footy, & for the Red&Blue Jumper.

Bringing back the Demon thanks Checker

That sounds like Melbourne's drafting and recruiting strategy from 2008 until 2012.

So what you're telling me is my strategy is to make mistake after mistake with high draft picks?

Just because we stuffed up the majority of our high picks doesn't mean that building through the draft is a flawed strategy. The strategy is fine - it's the implementation of the strategy that is important.

Do you think if we had picked up the likes of Shuey, Rioli, Dangerfield, Beams, etc. we would be in the position we are in now?

Y lose Fitzpatrick who could b good and slide 2 places plus pick 41 for a 30 year old who's past it.

Well it'd actually be Merrett & 5 for Fitzpatrick, 3 and 62. We get 41 from Carlton for Fitzy & 62.

Merrett would be Full Back for 2 years allowing Frost to develop out at Casey.

And I reckon Pick 5 instead of 3 is neither here nor there. We should land Peter Wright at 5 who will help look after our ruck stocks which are far from great and he also has the ability to go forward. If we take McCartin at 3 it creates the problem of playing McCartin, Hogan & Dawes in the same forward line when none are capable of playing in the ruck as chop out.

So what you're telling me is my strategy is to make mistake after mistake with high draft picks?

Just because we stuffed up the majority of our high picks doesn't mean that building through the draft is a flawed strategy. The strategy is fine - it's the implementation of the strategy that is important.

Do you think if we had picked up the likes of Shuey, Rioli, Dangerfield, Beams, etc. we would be in the position we are in now?

Yes, we would hve Melbourne'd any elite player during the past 10 years

heart and a tonne of footy smarts, badvibes

I am really liking what the dees are doing at the moment. It will be out last opportunity to have a real swing and hopefully head up the ladder. Adding a Geelong player, Lamumba, Frost and or Merrett automatically makes us a 5 goal better side. Not to mention the new recruit down forward. What this will do is sure up our backline and enable the recruiters to put all their eggs in the one basket with picks 2 and 3. I think also you will see a bigger and better C Salem next year who will hopefully spend a bit of time in the guts. Unsure if her will have an immediate impact, probably not but Billy Stretch as an All Australian under age player can only be a positive for us too. Stockpiling talent is going to be important.

early 2015 prediction:

B: Jetta Frost Dunn

HB: Howe McDonald Lamumba

C: Vince Jones Watts

HF: Salem Dawes Trengove

FF: JKH Hogan Kent

R: Jamar Tyson Viney

I/C Cross Garland Grimes Gawn

It's amusing that no one ever has it on good authority we are looking at Sauce or Frost yet everyone is all over Danger or any other highly sought after target. A couple

I reckon Sauce would be a good addition the club with Frawley and Clarke gone... A useful swing man to help fill in while Hogan develops. We still need some mids though.... so would be a bonus if packed up

Say pick 2 for Sauce and Redden? (not sure if thats a good deal for the Lions but I like Redden he's a sold player) And I do like a good rumor so keep them coming lads.......

Edited by Unleash Hell