Post Match Masochism - Round 21

Demonland

I can't read through all of this and as drained as I am I didn't react in any other fashion than I have all season - with funereal expectation.

We are a terrible team and the sad thing is that we are still an improvement on the Demons of 2013.

Mindset issues have a devastating effect when your cattle is the same that gave us 2012-13.

Roos is to blame partially for the pathetic mindset on the day but to question him is, again, misdiagnosing what is the problem.

Constant bottom four performance across 3 years, bottom 8 across 7 years, what is the common dominator?

I will give you a hint - it isn't the coach.

Agree with that rpfc

If there is any amusement in this it the number of MFC supporters who would abuse you a few short weeks ago if you suggested that the playing group was poor.

Honestly right now the club folding is not the worst thing that could happen IMO.

I am truly struggling to see anything other than pain as for the next three years.

Regarding the massive spaces the GWS forwards seemed to be working in, they were playing a classic '90's era flood for most of the game. They had all 18 players in our defensive half and for some reason we were letting them drag our players back with them. Then they simply turned the ball over, kicked it long to the space and backed their pace to get them forward ahead of us. The obvious counter to this is to station a few backs in a wall across that open space to intercept the outlet ball and send it back in, but we never did that. While I would hope that the players have enough tactical awareness to set that up themselves without being told to do so, I am astounded that they weren't instructed on it from the coaches at some point. To continue playing man on man in that situation is insane given the discrepancy in pace between the sides.

• Like 2

Regarding the massive spaces the GWS forwards seemed to be working in, they were playing a classic '90's era flood for most of the game. They had all 18 players in our defensive half and for some reason we were letting them drag our players back with them. Then they simply turned the ball over, kicked it long to the space and backed their pace to get them forward ahead of us. The obvious counter to this is to station a few backs in a wall across that open space to intercept the outlet ball and send it back in, but we never did that. While I would hope that the players have enough tactical awareness to set that up themselves without being told to do so, I am astounded that they weren't instructed on it from the coaches at some point. To continue playing man on man in that situation is insane given the discrepancy in pace between the sides.

hence my posting somewhere else I felt Roos was outcoached.

hence my posting somewhere else I felt Roos was outcoached.

His descion to swap Dunn and Frawley was baffling.. I agree with putting Frawley back because he was doing sweet F all but Dunn was actually playing well down back. Why did he not throw Howe forward instead ? Someone who would be a marking target to kick to...on top of this Palmer was tearing Howe a new one..

• Like 2

The only thing that could make me feel any better about yesterday, was if we needed picks 2 and 3 for massive deals, involving several good players coming to us, that had been already organized.

Unfortunately, that is just me clutching at any straw, to try and put a good spin on a disaster.

The only thing that could make me feel any better about yesterday, was if we needed picks 2 and 3 for massive deals, involving several good players coming to us, that had been already organized.

Unfortunately, that is just me clutching at any straw, to try and put a good spin on a disaster.

The only good thing I noticed at the G yesterday was the ease of leaving.

I have not been able to write until now. I feel empty, gutted, disappointed.

I am mystified to know what is going on. I cannot recall seeing such apathetic skill application.

These are professional footballers!

Nathan Jones is excused, no he is to be admired, how does he put up with the rest of his team?

We cannot get rid of half of the playing list as much as we might want to.

Frawley should go, we will both be better off.

Jamar trade

Matt Jones delist

Ro Bail delist

Dan Nicholson delist

Luke Tapscott delist

James Strauss delist

Sam Blease delist

I have to stop myself or i will list half the team. That is eight to go and could easily pick 15.

I am sick of putting more effort into my footy team than the players.

I was listening to SEN prematch and the commentators were baffled and questioned why 20 minutes before the bounce our players were handing out jumpers to supporters on the ground.

I wasn't at the game and maybe it was because of this Member appreciation week, but I don't think this is great for their headspace going into the match .

Poor skills

Poor effort

Poor attitude

Below AFL standard.........

It stinks and enough is enough. I was at the game and it makes me want to spew up at the sub par standard this group serves up. How the hell can the AFL expect people to take time out of their lives for this garbage.

There is not enough talent and or quality to field 18 teams and we have the worst list in 30 years of my memory.

Enough MFC enough.

• Like 1

I was listening to SEN prematch and the commentators were baffled and questioned why 20 minutes before the bounce our players were handing out jumpers to supporters on the ground.

I wasn't at the game and maybe it was because of this Member appreciation week, but I don't think this is great for their headspace going into the match .

It may have been the hardest thing most of them did all day Wormburner.

• Like 2

WTFWT!!!!????

And to all those stating Jones was one of the best, no he was not. He was one of many culprits to succumb to the Melbourne Panic.

Yes he got 30 disposals but he also had 3 clangers, equal 2nd with Watts, only 1 behind the highest. Also only going at 73% DE, collect the ball all you want but if you butcher it over 25% of the time please stop getting it.

He had 7 inside 50's, the 3 that I saw were to absolutely no one, and went straight back out. Not entirely his fault but not entirely blameless either.

Do not get me wrong I love the guy and he plays with the true feeling of someone that wants the team to succeed but ALL of the players are to blame, I saw him being lazy and not running hard enough many times yesterday, not one person in that side from yesterday gets out of being blamed for what ever that was coz seriously WTFWT?????

WTFWT!!!!????

And to all those stating Jones was one of the best, no he was not. He was one of many culprits to succumb to the Melbourne Panic.

Yes he got 30 disposals but he also had 3 clangers, equal 2nd with Watts, only 1 behind the highest. Also only going at 73% DE, collect the ball all you want but if you butcher it over 25% of the time please stop getting it.

He had 7 inside 50's, the 3 that I saw were to absolutely no one, and went straight back out. Not entirely his fault but not entirely blameless either.

Do not get me wrong I love the guy and he plays with the true feeling of someone that wants the team to succeed but ALL of the players are to blame, I saw him being lazy and not running hard enough many times yesterday, not one person in that side from yesterday gets out of being blamed for what ever that was coz seriously WTFWT?????

Sorry KIKA, he was one of the best, the best of a very bad bunch.

Edited by ManDee

Just because he was the best of a bad bunch does not mean he get out of being blamed.

Sorry but you said he was not among the best. He clearly was. If he was not among Melbournes best who was??

Edited by ManDee

Poor skills

Poor effort

Poor attitude

Below AFL standard.........

It stinks and enough is enough. I was at the game and it makes me want to spew up at the sub par standard this group serves up. How the hell can the AFL expect people to take time out of their lives for this garbage.

There is not enough talent and or quality to field 18 teams and we have the worst list in 30 years of my memory.

Enough MFC enough.

Thread merged. Once again Soidee, look for somewhere to post rather than start a topic (virtually) every time you visit.

Sorry but you said he was not among the best. He clearly was. If he was not among Melbournes best who was??

Fairly small group Mandee

Jones, Vince Tyson Gawn and Jetta forget the rest

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

No one on our team deserves any comment on who was the "best".

By definition best compares to others. Regardless of quality, the best of a bag rotten of apples is still the best.

Nathan Jones tried. The thought of busting your gut when the rest of the team couldn't give a Rats is dispiriting. He may have been dragged down to the level of the rest of the team, but he was most definitely one of the best!

He still earned 112 fantasy points (Better than Will Hoskin Elliot)

By definition best compares to others. Regardless of quality, the best of a bag rotten of apples is still the best.

Nathan Jones tried. The thought of busting your gut when the rest of the team couldn't give a Rats is dispiriting. He may have been dragged down to the level of the rest of the team, but he was most definitely one of the best!

Yeah i know, venting is all i have left!

I sit close to the bench and Nathan Jones was gutted. He looked like he was about to cry.

I've seen some players hurting before, but he would come to the bench and he looked so angry and so broken, I've never seen anyone look so genuinly upset.

I admire him so much for never ever dropping his head. He kept going long after everyone else gave up. If I was him I'd be giving most of my so called teammates a spray post match.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 3