Post Match Discussion - Round 14

Demonland

We certainly didn't help ourselves today and I say it every week but the umpires were shocking.

However, we have already raised the bar this year and Roos was clear that it would be a rollercoaster ride for this season.

This is one of those downs that will happen... but it would have been nice to dish out one thrashing this year and North would have been perfect.

Edited by Robot Devil

We turned it over far too often and north made us play for such poor kicking, handpassing and marking. So many of our players had disappointing games dropping simple marks, missing targets by a long way, kicking down field directly to the opposition, not being able to tackle, not picking up players, the list goes on.... skills coaches have a lot of work to do this week. a few players probably need to go down to the twos, while I like to idea of having a settled team, there also needs to be the discipline that you need to keep earning your spot in the side and quite a few did not do that today.

• Like 1

North worked way harder than us and deserved to win by more. We were very poor I thought, so many skill errors and poor decisions.

Spot on. Anytime we had a clear run and entered our forward 50 we had a poor kick and lost possession, which resulted in a turnover and in most cases a score to North.

Hopefully the players learn, get over it and smash the bulldogs next week. That game will show exactly how much we have improved.

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Some players need a good hard look at themselves.

Guys like Bail and Mckenzie are blokes who have been in the system for years now and still display poor skill and error.

Jack Grimes has gone backwards ever since he was named captain. Bite the bullet next year and just leave it to Jones. yes he probably had a poor game but he still had 28 disposals and 5 tackles. still trying to lead the way right till the end. lets just put that down to Jones was also thinking about his wife lol

Grimes disposal is seriously horrific also.

Today proves we need a zippy small crumbing forward. Can't see JKH playing that role. I see him pushing up to a midfield role like Matty Stokes.

• Like 2

It would be less painful sticking needles in your eyes Nasher.

At least u wouldn't c all the turnovers and bad hand passes!

It would be less painful sticking needles in your eyes Nasher.

At least u wouldn't c all the turnovers and bad hand passes!

absolute trash tonight. Errors were shocking. Hope is given but not delivered. Didn't expect to win but throwing on the towel after challenging is back to the old days. Cannot gain credibility with that performance

I know we won last week (against every conceivable shred of logic), but we've really collapsed since that loss to Port. What's changed? We just don't form any kind of cohesive balance between defence and attack. We defended too hard against Collingwood, we didn't defend at all tonight against Norf, and last week we were somewhere in between but still extremely poor for half the game.

Have we got the right structure with this 22? Might be time to switch things up again, Salem certainly isn't ready to start games. Sub player only this year until he builds his tank.

Edited by Lamashtu

We were in the game right up to halfway through the 3rd quarter when we just seemed to fritter it all away. i really do not like to opposition having a spare man in defense this seems to hurt us a lot as they run off the backline using their spare man and linking up all the way to their forward line as our players leave their man to cover the spare man. the kicking back and across ground came unstuck far to many times today....

Can't stand Lindsay Thomas. He got a tiny clip on the jaw and went down faster then Iraqi diplomacy. That part didn't bother me that much but then he carried on doing half push ups as if he was trying to not be knocked out. Fair dinkum [censored].

Edited by cowboy_from_hell
  • Like 6

Dreadful game too many of our players were down, Jones probably gave away 5 goals with turnovers, Jack Viney needs a rest in the 2's he looked knackered today. Our hand passing was predictable and they cut us to ribbons with their anticipation.

Our backs were trailing their forwards all day and that applies to around the ground as well, they were always in front we were always trailing behind. Our forwards didn't lead and our defenders didn't defend. Our mids got caught and continually took the wrong options, panic set in and became contagious.

Jack Watts tries to do to much and has to learn, like Nathan Jones, that it's not up to him to win the game off his own boot; take the first option Jack and don't try to be too fancy.

Big wake up today, some of our players were getting ahead of themselves and need to stop trying to over do it.

• Like 6

I'm trying to find a positive. We played badly and lost. It's when you're clearly outclassed and get blown out of the water that you start to worry. It's actually nice to see a correlation between making mistakes and losing the game rather than feeling like the game is lost before it begins. Oh and Bernie Vince.

• Like 1

Can't stand Lindsay Thomas. He got a tiny clip on the jaw and went down faster then Iraqi diplomacy. That part didn't bother me that much but then he carried on doing half push ups as if he was trying to not be knocked out. Fair dinkum [censored].

It was actually laughable. The half @ssed effort which looked like a push up to get up then the collapse, what a disgusting scene that was. He didn't have a spot of blood on him, which is what you'd expect the way he was carrying on. Pathetic and weak individual.

• Like 5

Dermie called him out for staging on the Ego & Derm's Big Wenk in Footy, without actually using the 's' word. Nonetheless, made it perfectly obvious what he thought of Lindsay's endeavours with the laughable "push ups". Because yeah, that totally happens when you get grazed in the chin, you suddenly lose all feeling in your back.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

It was actually laughable. The half @ssed effort which looked like a push up to get up then the collapse, what a disgusting scene that was. He didn't have a spot of blood on him, which is what you'd expect the way he was carrying on. Pathetic and weak individual.

I'm loathe to make any excuses for Thomas but after he was clipped by Jordie and went to ground Nev Jetta was off balance and dropped a knee into his lower back. I think that's why he was doing the back arches.

Hope it hurt.

• Like 4

I'm loathe to make any excuses for Thomas but after he was clipped by Jordie and went to ground Nev Jetta was off balance and dropped a knee into his lower back. I think that's why he was doing the back arches.

Hope it hurt.

I missed that, wish I didn't. Fantastic effort and ditto hope it hurt....a lot.