Wine(s) harvest

picket fence

Watched his game yesterday, a lazy 30 possesions. Gee what a player! He compares very evenly with our own Jack Viney, two ferocious in an under types. The game is better for these two young Tyro's!! Just love watching them play!

We know your thoughts on this pick and the player we took, try and disguise it any way you like.

He is not ours Mods close this thread before we have 20 pages again of the debate regarding our first pick in the 2012 draft

• Like 10

Would have been an amazing prospect having two best friends run Melbourne's midfield for the next 10 years, but the decision came during a time where our club was without vision and purpose. Things are changing now, different decisions are happening and we just need to get over it and give all our support to Jimmy Toumpas and help him become the best player he can be.
Toumpas has skill and potential, and he will do everything he can to improve and be the best player he can. We, as supporters, need to support him with this.
SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get-over-it.gif

• Like 2

A mistake we should not make again ! He supported the Dees it annoys me every time he gets a touch, but good luck to him

Watched his game yesterday, a lazy 30 possesions. Gee what a player! He compares very evenly with our own Jack Viney, two ferocious in an under types. The game is better for these two young Tyro's!! Just love watching them play!

quote]

Go Away

I am fairly comfortable with where Jimmy is at all things considered, I reckon he will have another big pre season and really blossom from there, he just needs to believe he belongs at AFL level

I am fairly comfortable with where Jimmy is at all things considered, I reckon he will have another big pre season and really blossom from there, he just needs to believe he belongs at AFL level

He is not the only one!

Edited by old dee

Here's a thought for the OP. What if we had gotten Wines, had won a couple of extra games over the last few years, yet remained mostly a basket case but not disastrously enough for Paul Roos to come coach us?

You can lament this and that about the past but without being the disaster we were we wouldn't have landed this fantastic coach and coaching group.

Edited by Lamashtu

A mistake we should not make again ! He supported the Dees it annoys me every time he gets a touch, but good luck to him

I don't think he supported us (supported Carltank i think), but did wanted to play for us/with his best mate.

Edited by TheoX

I don't think he supported us (supported Carltank i think), but did wanted to play for us/with his best mate.

Where have I heard before he wanted to play for us?

Uhhhhh that's right, on Demonland about 100 times over.

Do we really need yet another thread re Wines, seriously.

We do not need another thread for the anti-Toumpas brigade to start their bleating for the 100th time.

It happened. We know your thoughts. Cry us all a river. And get lost.

Hey is a suggestion tu

Don't go on!

Also he did not support the Dees, he is a Carlton supporter, but hey facts aren't important if they get in the way of your point

FFS, give Jimmy a break. Yes Wines is extraordinary, but he's been like that for the best part since Round 1 last year. Players take their own respectable time to get used to the game and adapt to it. I still have high hopes for Jimmy seeing as it's only his second year FFS. If it was his fourth or fifth year then whatever, fair enough, but when he hasn't been on the list for two years cut the poor bloke some slack.

Don't worry about Jimmy. Think how long it took for Lyndon Dunn to become the player he is for us now!

FFS, give Jimmy a break. Yes Wines is extraordinary, but he's been like that for the best part since Round 1 last year. Players take their own respectable time to get used to the game and adapt to it. I still have high hopes for Jimmy seeing as it's only his second year FFS. If it was his fourth or fifth year then whatever, fair enough, but when he hasn't been on the list for two years cut the poor bloke some slack.

And some never make it Lets see how he develops before writing him off

I can cop picking Toumpas - all year it was touted he'd go #2, so at the time it seemed we were roflcoptering all the way to the bank after GWS picked a couple of randoms who I haven't heard of before or since at 2 and 3. I have accepted mentally and emotionally that Toumpas won't be as good as Wines, so now it's just about watching Toumpas develop and hoping that he develops into a player who can fill a valuable role in this team over the next decade in his own way.

We're going to be getting the best out of our draftees now, and we've had our own success stories in the last two drafts. How many players from the top 47 picks in that draft would you swap for Dean Kent? 10 maybe? Salem at 9 the following year (without even mentioning the increasingly favourable trade to get the pick) - tick. JKH at 40 when Hawthorn picked the delisted Garlett at 38. Even the 2010 draft - McDonald at 53 and Howe at 33. It's turning around.

Toumpas was a poor pick.

Nothing can be done about it now.

But why did we make that pick? If anyone knew Wines' attributes and potential it was Todd Viney yet he let him slip by and add to that the need factor at the time as Roos has since verified, genuine midfielders and more midfielders, please.

Close this thread, I can't even bothered hearing about WInes anymore.

It shits me to tears watching Wines, Sloane, Parker and Rockliff run around like superstars.

I don't need another thread to remind me, I come to demonland to escape watching the ones that got away.

Gees touchy bunch aren't we! Where have I mentioned Jimmy Toumpas name WHERE??

I was just saying what a fine player he is and comparing him to our own Jack Viney. No swipe, veiled or otherwise at Toumpas!

Gees touchy bunch some of you \.

This is meant to be a footy forum is it not??

Go away!

Gees touchy bunch aren't we! Where have I mentioned Jimmy Toumpas name WHERE??

I was just saying what a fine player he is and comparing him to our own Jack Viney. No swipe, veiled or otherwise at Toumpas!

Gees touchy bunch some of you \.

This is meant to be a footy forum is it not??

Go away!

Turn it up mate, "I didn't mention Toumpas" sorry who did we take instead of Wines

and if you're talking about fine players how about Rockliff have you seen him the last month we along with every other club missed out on his as well.

• Like 1

Turn it up mate, "I didn't mention Toumpas" sorry who did we take instead of Wines

and if you're talking about fine players how about Rockliff have you seen him the last month we along with every other club missed out on his as well.

How did Rockliff get into this conversation??

As I said, very touchy bunch tonight?!!