Jesse Hogan ~ new 2 year deal

Lucifers Hero

Great news he's going to get a game. Can't see them putting him in the seniors before next year for the sake of putting him in the seniors before the end of this year when there's only a few games left and no finals. I would have thought that the last reason Roos would debut him is to play in front of a bunch of relos. FFS, it's a professional sport, we [censored] up with JW, move on Dees.

Great news he's going to get a game. Can't see them putting him in the seniors before next year for the sake of putting him in the seniors before the end of this year when there's only a few games left and no finals. I would have thought that the last reason Roos would debut him is to play in front of a bunch of relos. FFS, it's a professional sport, we [censored] up with JW, move on Dees.

Seems to me Roos is about the opposite of what you are saying. There will be no "putting the cue in the wrack" at MFC.

He sees the last 3 games as a big pre-pre-season. If Hogan is up to a full-on AFL game, then I reckon Roos would see it as a positive step before entering a big preseason.

I for one love this approach.

• Like 2

Seems to me Roos is about the opposite of what you are saying. There will be no "putting the cue in the wrack" at MFC.

He sees the last 3 games as a big pre-pre-season. If Hogan is up to a full-on AFL game, then I reckon Roos would see it as a positive step before entering a big preseason.

I for one love this approach.

Maybe mono. BTW, nice quotation marks for something I didn't say. Do you honestly think Hogan will be ready for a "full-on" afl game having never before played a real one and having been out this year with back injuries? The last competitive match he played was about 6 mths ago. Could be. Doubt it though.

I'd call it giving him a game when he's physically ready and has earned it. That's what Roos is about.

Edited by Moonshadow

reckon they might give him one or two games to give him taste

They won't make the finals if they lose to Essendon away and that is quite a possibility. If they do lose maybe their heart won't be there for our clash. Here's hoping.

Coxy's Subi Farewell Bobby

Surely he won't play AFL after one week at Casey especially after Roos thoughts on Watts's debut and how it was handled.

Jesse has been in the system for two years and is light years ahead of where Watts was before he made his debut.

I don't know why people keep banging on about it.

This will be one of the most overdue debutes we've seen. Of course I'm not saying he should slot straight into our forward line regardless of his form on the weekend. But if he was to dominate, I'm sure he'll get the call up.

• Like 1

Big coin for a zero gamer.

FMD.

Are we kidding ourselves or is that the market rate?

Even the Cats had to carry the tomohawk for about 5 years.

The money involved is getting ridiculous.

Big coin for a zero gamer.

FMD.

Are we kidding ourselves or is that the market rate?

Even the Cats had to carry the tomohawk for about 5 years.

The money involved is getting ridiculous.

if we didnt pay it another team would have

Will be a bargain by the time 2016 rolls around

And anyone comparing a Hogan debut to the Watts debut is surely kidding. Hogan is a beast, he will be pushing around opposition players with 10 years experience on him as soon as he gets on the field for his first game

hes an animal

Edited by hogans_heroes

Surely he won't play AFL after one week at Casey especially after Roos thoughts on Watts's debut and how it was handled.

I tend to agree Gorgoroth, but then I ponder whether it might mean 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 additional members in 2015 if Hogan cameos with a handful of goals as season 2014 draws to a close. Unlikely I know, but the dollars are important as well, and just maybe, someone is thinking along these lines.

I tend to agree Gorgoroth, but then I ponder whether it might mean 1,000, 2,000 or 3,000 additional members in 2015 if Hogan cameos with a handful of goals as season 2014 draws to a close. Unlikely I know, but the dollars are important as well, and just maybe, someone is thinking along these lines.

The reverse could be a problem though. What if his touch is slightly off and we play him for 1-3 games when he isn't game ready (so gets crap stats).. For me personally hearing he is back i was over the moon, but if he had no impact i wouldn't be worried. These 1-3000 members on the other hand may go well hes no good im not signing up..

Either way im happy and trust in Roos. Clearly Jesse wants to play, hope the VFL guys do well by him.

Wasn't Watts played on Queens B/Day for revenue reasons? I know the answer!

Exactly why history should not repeat itself. Hogan kicking goals early next season will have the exact same effect on membership. If there is such a thing....

• Like 1

Chris Dawes made a good point on one of the Sunday footy shows a few weeks ago. I'm very much paraphrasing but he said that Jesse's first game is inevitably going to attract a lot of hype. It might be beneficial for him to get that first game out of the way this year so he can attack pre-season without the build up to "the debut of the great white hope"

I'm tipping a debut against North at Jihad Stadium. About as low profile as you can get. He's already rag-dolled some of their defenders in the 2013 pre-season comp. I'm sure he'd love to give them another serve

I'm tipping a debut against North at Jihad Stadium. About as low profile as you can get. He's already rag-dolled some of their defenders in the 2013 pre-season comp. I'm sure he'd love to give them another serve

• Like 1

Man he really does bring some skills to the table.
I try to play it down, but I am excited.
Id love to see him play.