Jesse Hogan ~ new 2 year deal

Lucifers Hero

The club will be ultra conservative as it has all along but at this stage they feel Jesse could play against the lions, he may go into the vfl but there is a chance they won't worry about it, so 4 weeks he will play somewhere imo, either against Brisbane or in the vfl

The video interview said that the aim is to play VFL round 17 (round 19 AFL equivalent) at 70% game time. Then a few weeks of VFL before playing a game or two of AFL.

I'm sceptical. He was a 6 week proposition two or three weeks ago and ATM is classified as 426. If they're a week out, the best he can get is a one week cameo. I would be more comfortable if he's given a programme that will see him at his best in Round 1, 2015.

I'm sceptical. He was a 6 week proposition two or three weeks ago and ATM is classified as 426. If they're a week out, the best he can get is a one week cameo. I would be more comfortable if he's given a programme that will see him at his best in Round 1, 2015.

Enjoy the moment, WJ - not a lot of them here at MFC :-)))))))))

Funny I was thinking the very same thing.

However he may be just so keen to get on the park the FD is humouring him at present

Great news, we'll have this guy for another 3 years.

If we cannot improve the club in that time - then we don't deserve to keep him next contract.

But hopefully we'll be pushing into the 4 by then and playing finals, I think we will be.

Now Hogan is out the road, pressure mounts on Frawley.

• Like 1

Great news, we'll have this guy for another 3 years.

If we cannot improve the club in that time - then we don't deserve to keep him next contract.

But hopefully we'll be pushing into the 4 by then and playing finals, I think we will be.

Now Hogan is out the road, pressure mounts on Frawley.

I think if we keep frawley we will be possibly a top 6 team in 3 years with a bit of luck, the spine looks pretty handy with Mcdonald, Frawley, Jones, Hogan and Dawes,

plenty of water to go under the bridge though

• Like 1

If Hogan can play a bare minimum of games of VFL footy then he'll definitely be given AFL games at the end of the year, even if only one. The reason will be so that he knows what AFL feels like before he goes into preseason. It gives him a picture in his head about the level he has to get to to play AFL, so that he can push towards that in preseason. It's the same thing as what happened with Grimes.

• Like 1

Agree A of B

Also gets the "debut" monkey out the way.

Small joke there Macca.

Did not pick up on it?

Dry humour is a dying art it would seem

You will never get a job in comedy. ;)

This is good news.

and you being the best Newsreader you would know :)

Agree A of B

Also gets the "debut" monkey out the way.

Yes but a debut round 1 next year would be a marketers dream and I recon would be the sensible approach given his injury and lack of preparation. I dont think there is a chance in hell of Ros playing him in the ones unless he gets a couple if games in the twos and pushes for selection. it would be contrary to every comment I have heard from Roos and the selection policy this year.

Yes but a debut round 1 next year would be a marketers dream and I recon would be the sensible approach given his injury and lack of preparation. I dont think there is a chance in hell of Ros playing him in the ones unless he gets a couple if games in the twos and pushes for selection. it would be contrary to every comment I have heard from Roos and the selection policy this year.

Roos was aghast, appalled at the 'song and dance" made of Watts on debut. The way of the Roos is about team , not individuals. He wont want to accede to any tacky marketing of a kid in such a manner.

My money on debut against Giants at the G Thats still 6 games away.

4 weeks then maybe a 3 qtrs game in Magoos followed by full game in magoos followed by Giants.

• Like 1

Can't say I blame him or the club for not wanting him to come back through Casey given their present state.

Think he would be licking his lips with the last round's opponent. He's already shown he loves playing against North. Slot him in for kicking 6!

Dont like.. Locked in but annoint him the Messiah. Interesting.

• Like 1