Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for Essendon

Grapeviney

Out: Salem

In: Kent

I just don't think Salem is keeping up with the pace of the game that well and really struggled today and has been just hanging on for some time now. I've held the view all year that Kent is clearly in our best 22 and should be in the side, and from all reports was BOG for Casey on the weekend. The single change seems logical and timely.

JKH played his worst game for the club to date but Roos has demonstrated that backing the player is his preferred method, so I suspect he'll get the opportunity to redeem himself.

And lol at the guy who suggested Matt Jones might be dropped. There always seems to be one.

yup, agreed. We gotta understand that 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players can often be very inconsistent. Their body's and minds tired easily as they get used to the rigours of professional footy.

id bring in Blease too come to think of it

Seems to be doing well at Casey and his pace could be valuable against the Bombers

In - Kent, Blease

Out - Terlich , Gawn

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 1

We cannot play that tall forward line again. No disrespect to Gawn who was serviceable around the ground but he offered nothing forward and had limited impact in the centre. Salem needs a full game. I think we have enough inside grunt we need some outside run and ball use.

In: Kent, Toumpas

Out: Gawn, Salem

Gawn has to go. Twice in two weeks we have been badly hurt by being too top heavy in our forward line.

Agree, we had one player start in our forward line under 193cm and for most of the game.

I like Gawn, but if he doesn't mark it which is majority if the time the ball comes straight out and he doesn't have the pace to chase.

Roos doesn't like making many changes, so you'd expect 2 max.

IN: Kent

OUT: Gawn

JKH full game, Salem sub. We were too tall and slow today, Gawn is getting there but can't have him, Jamar, and Pedo all in the same team.

May also depend a bit on how Russian pulls up. He was subbed off today - radio mentioned some 'tweaking" of a knee.

• Like 1

The reason we lost today was solely to do with decision making, hitting up targets and getting the ball moving forward quickly.

McKenzie's three weaknesses. Why are people calling for him to come in?

Kent would make much more sense. Goal sense, kicking ability and ability to break the lines.

• Like 4

We were very one dimensional up forward. Not enough speed or tricks for the opposition to worry about. Kent should be a certainty next week .

Defensively passable, but very cautious in the front half. Would love to see more daring and initiative to take the game on, up our end.

May also depend a bit on how Russian pulls up. He was subbed off today - radio mentioned some 'tweaking" of a knee.

Yeah, one of them needs to come out and Jamar has better form, so if the Russian is out injured then Gawn stays and rucks.

The reason we lost today was solely to do with decision making, hitting up targets and getting the ball moving forward quickly.

McKenzie's three weaknesses. Why are people calling for him to come in?

Kent would make much more sense. Goal sense, kicking ability and ability to break the lines.

Kent first. But the other reason we lost was because we don't have the run of Collingwood's midfield and half backs. We defend like crazy but when it's time to spread and run we still look lethargic. Besides N Jones, Matt Jones, Vince and a couple of others. If Kent came in for Salem then McKenzie comes in for Gawn we at least up the run forward of the ball and midfield rotations.

Personally I think it's Kent and JKH who come in to the 21 for the reasons you mentioned. And Salem and Gawn who go out. Who is picked for the sub is the question.

Alternatively, McKenzie could tag and Cross could then be free to run all over the field. His kicking isn't great but his ability to mark for a mid and run everywhere after starting midfield, half forward or half back could speed up play.

The Bombers love to play a free flowing game so I think we will continue how we have with players Roos can trust to do what he asks.

Possible Outs

Gawny- was better today but we looked to lack run inside 50

Salem - looked tired and a bit of a rabbit in the headlights today, but will have learnt a lot and with a 6 day break think he may get a rest

JKH - like Salem looked overawed today but like when Roos gave Terlich and Watts serves previously don't think he will be dropped

Possible Ins

Kent - smart player and provides that pace we looked to lack today

Riley - his hardness and tackling pressure will be something to think about to assist in preventing the Bombers playing their choice of free flowing footy

Toumpas -has shown a willingness to do what Roos asks and if Salem comes out see it as a straight swap

Mckenzie - just throwing his name in there due to previous successful tagging jobs on Goddard but now we have Cross, Vince and Jones who all tag but hurt the other way

I'm amused by the constant calls for Sam fecking Blease to play senior footy... Line breaking runs blah blah blah.

Doesn't run both ways, makes poor decisions and is selfish with the ball. Delist him...

Kent for Salem and JKH to play a full game or dropped for Toumpas/Riley.

Edited by Deemotivated
  • Like 1

I'm amused by the constant calls for Sam fecking Blease to play senior footy... Line breaking runs blah blah blah.

Doesn't run both ways, makes poor decisions and is selfish with the ball. Delist him...

Yeah it's like saying we are short on key forwards can we bring in James Sellar! We need line breakers, but Blease will only add to our problems.

Out: Salem, Terlich

In: Kent, Blease

Some will scoff, but Blease eventually needs an opportunity. He's been asked to get his hands on the pill. He's done that. We will need some drive and dash off half back that some of the pies players like H provided today. That was a major difference, especially with Garlo so horribly out of sorts.

JKH must start. Must. Start.

In the post match interview Roos talked about the inexperienced players getting tired. I think that would suggest that one or both of them might be in for a rest. If he does drop one or both of them then he's unlikely to drop anyone else.

Kent and McKenzie are probably the most likely replacements for those two. I don't think anyone else has really been putting their name up in lights.

The other item would be Jamar and whether he has actually hurt himself or if it was just a minor knock. IF he is out next week it makes things a little more interesting. Do we go with Gawn/Pedersen as the rucks or do we bring in the Fitz?

people calling for Gawn to be dropped have to remember Jamar went off injured....so you gotta assume Jamar isn't going to be fit for next week...

Roos needs to make the call on blokes like Strauss, Blease, Tappy, Kent and McKenzie

Salem and JKH should be dropped.

Start of the year we had no talls, now we're too tall, ironic ha.

Also that call to have Matt Jones dropped is ridiculous, has been a consistent contributor ever since coming to the Dees. He's definitely a best 22 for me, and will not get considered dropped with how he's going unless of extreme form slump or injury. Yes he tries to take the game on sometimes and gets caught, but at least he tries. Tyson gets caught a fair bit but should we drop him? Food for thought.

Out: Gawn (form isn't great, will get dropped unless Jamar injured)
Salem/JKH also in line to get dropped, they just need a break really. Can't afford to burn out the young guys in their first year. As stated above, it's expected that first/second/third year players can be inconsistent. They aren't dropped then JKH should start and Salem should be sub.

In: Kent (been in great form in the VFL, would've played every game up to now if he wasn't injured. I said to my old man last year that this guy is special and will be apart of our future, and I still do believe it. Kid can play.)

• Like 1

Out: Salem, Terlich

In: Kent, Blease

Some will scoff, but Blease eventually needs an opportunity. He's been asked to get his hands on the pill. He's done that. We will need some drive and dash off half back that some of the pies players like H provided today. That was a major difference, especially with Garlo so horribly out of sorts.

JKH must start. Must. Start.

Blease has had stacks of opportunity: in the VFL. If he can't do what is required of him in the lower level, I think it's backwards logic to then say he needs an opportunity at the top.

Players like Riley and McKenzie have had to knock the door down to get their opportunities, so based on the VFL reports I've been reading, I doubt Blease is even in Roos' mind, let alone at the front of it.

• Like 2

I watched the Casey game. Luckily I was under cover before the rain started, and boy, did it rain!

Kent was very good and will, in all probability, come in. Blease was better but I will be surprised if he comes in. Jordie only played the first half and was OK during that time.

Gawn out unless Russian injured.

Riley or Kent in.

Salem the sub. I like the idea of JKH and Salem swapping roles as Sub every couple of weeks to give a breather body wise, if mentally fatigued give a week off, don't play them at Casey either.

JKH and Salem are tired, and Roos alluded to that.

Side was also far too top heavy.

Out:

Gawn

JKH

Salem

IN:

Kent

Michie/Riley

Tapscott/Blease (why the [censored] not, they'll be delisted soon anyway)

At a minimum