• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Rohan Welsh

Saw this on BigFooty just now, haven't seen it discussed here. You have to wonder what on earth is going down at Casey when their coach is publicly ridiculing his players

http://cranbournenews.starcommunity.com.au/news/2014-05-22/meant-to-be-cruel-but-true/

Hope the club is aware of this, can't imagine they'd be too thrilled with the message being conveyed here. Needs to get the chip off his shoulder.

Have a look in the mirror Rohan

youre a [censored] coach and we dont need your negativity and lack of professionalism when things are finally looking up for us

Can we please get rid of this tool?

Still at the end of the day a team with 13 professionals got done by a team of part timers. Was he just calling it as it was? An unacceptable and a [censored] poor effort perhaps!

• Like 1

We've been through this all. Message was consistent with Allison's review.

Only bit I haven't seen is this.

"Georgiou had six goals kicked on him and gave away probably another two and there were only 12 goals kicked in the game so you work that out."

That's a pretty strong individual criticism of a guy who played some reasonable AFL footy before getting dropped (and getting dropped when he wasn't too bad). Maybe the step up to AFL, combined with a possible concussion in Adelaide affected Georgiou when he went back a level. He's a rookie. Sure he gets to play full time but he's not making too much more than a highly paid VFL player. If he was responsible for 8 of the 12 goals maybe it was the coaching or match up that led to him having such a bad game for so long. Either way don't really like the individual criticism.

On a whole there is too little to really get stuck in to Welsh about. I'll be watching for his future comments and demeanor.

• Like 1

Still at the end of the day a team with 13 professionals got done by a team of part timers. Was he just calling it as it was? An unacceptable and a [censored] poor effort perhaps!

To say 13 professionals is fairly disingenuous and misrepresentative of the reality, when in that 13 you're including kids like Jayden Hunt and Dom Barry, and also guys like Blease, Tapscott and Nicholson who have been poorly coached for years on end.

I think the really counterproductive thing is to question a player's character and what he has "in him", when the article clearly states that Casey's undoing was mistakes borne of poor decision-making, which is more a question of experience and training.

I can't believe that Welsh's harsh criticism is good for the players' morale or confidence.

The more I hear about him, the more I think Welsh is just a monumentally sh*t bloke.

• Like 3

We've been through this all. Message was consistent with Allison's review.

Only bit I haven't seen is this.

"Georgiou had six goals kicked on him and gave away probably another two and there were only 12 goals kicked in the game so you work that out."

That's a pretty strong individual criticism of a guy who played some reasonable AFL footy before getting dropped (and getting dropped when he wasn't too bad). Maybe the step up to AFL, combined with a possible concussion in Adelaide affected Georgiou when he went back a level. He's a rookie. Sure he gets to play full time but he's not making too much more than a highly paid VFL player. If he was responsible for 8 of the 12 goals maybe it was the coaching or match up that led to him having such a bad game for so long. Either way don't really like the individual criticism.

On a whole there is too little to really get stuck in to Welsh about. I'll be watching for his future comments and demeanor.

Still can't believe that you can't see the difference between Allison's review, and the feedback that comes from Welsh.

• Like 1

Still can't believe that you can't see the difference between Allison's review, and the feedback that comes from Welsh.

There's a difference I get that. But it's not like Welsh is the only one upset by the loss.

I heard Allison went around the room with the guys at Casey recently and got them all to list why they aren't playing seniors and provided reasons in no uncertain terms.

Public comments are unhelpful but realistically it's the private conversations that are important and for that reason we can't make a mountain out of what might be a molehill.

Are people seriously complaining about him saying what most of us on this forum have said? We have too many guys who were picked for specific attributes favoured by the coach of the day who aren't good footballers. That is absolutely true. We have a bunch of full time professionals who don't match up against guys who have to fit their football in around their day jobs. That is also true. He gives credit where it is due, but he is also willing to tell them when they are not performing. I don't have a problem with any of it. These guys need to know that they aren't working hard enough.

• Like 2

Welsh seems to be from the Neeld Academy of Emotional Intelligence. Really dislike the way he goes about it. Allision is blunt in assessments but direct is different to embarrassing people in public - the comments on Georgio are a disgrace - and if the players are committed well the fish rots at the head.

I hope that the Casey coaches are merely playing the bad cop.
I was a little concerned reading that. It should only come out in extraordinary circumstances. Perhaps that loss was it?

I cannot see why people would question him speaking perfect sense. What else is he expected to say after throwing away a lead? Despite the apologists referring to the youth of some of our players they are still professional and there is youth on both sides.

• Like 1

Best: V. Michie, M. Evans, J. Fitzpatrick, L. Tapscott, D. Nicholson, D. Kent.

On Welsh, Roos would be telling him you need 22 players following the team structures and that it only takes one player to not play their part for the structures to fail. Seems from the above like the Melbourne boys (perhaps excluding Geogiou) were doing their part.

Overall result aside, I'm pleased to see the names above putting their hands up.

Best: V. Michie, M. Evans, J. Fitzpatrick, L. Tapscott, D. Nicholson, D. Kent.

On Welsh, Roos would be telling him you need 22 players following the team structures and that it only takes one player to not play their part for the structures to fail. Seems from the above like the Melbourne boys (perhaps excluding Geogiou) were doing their part.

Overall result aside, I'm pleased to see the names above putting their hands up.

Which bit don't you get, they got the best for playing half a game, the whole team was terrible in the second half, McKenzie was one who got away from criticism by both Welsh and Allison yet he doesn't get in the best, laughable, on Georgiou, for someone with AFL experience now, he had a very poor game unfortunately.

The only thing apart, from maybe Fitzpatrick, they were putting their hands up for was at least another week at Casey

I cannot see why people would question him speaking perfect sense. What else is he expected to say after throwing away a lead? Despite the apologists referring to the youth of some of our players they are still professional and there is youth on both sides.

Agreed, they are getting paid to perform

I guess he has to give copy to the media but if history has taught us anything it is that there are some things that are best left in-house.