Dawes in trouble ?

nutbean

Like Deledio deliberately elbowing someone in the face a couple of weeks ago and getting a reprimand?

What about the elbow from Vlastuin on Tyson today in the 3rd? Surely that's worse than what Dawes did, do afl.com.au have anything to say about that one?

• Like 2

I'm not sure what Dawes record is like but I reckon it's a week at worst, I reckon a reprimand and a few points is probably fair.

What about the elbow from Vlastuin on Tyson today in the 3rd? Surely that's worse than what Dawes did, do afl.com.au have anything to say about that one?

Is there any footage of the Vlastuin hit on Tyson?

Obviously not on the AFL website because that would be prejudicial.

Not that it really matters. The Deledio incident has set the precedent so elbow away Tiges.

• Like 2

I was listening to Grandstand when it happened and they (McClure et al) were pretty confident he'd get a slap on the wrist and a reprimand.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I was listening to Grandstand when it happened and they (McClure et al) were pretty confident he'd get a slap on the wrist and a reprimand.

Fingers crossed.

Maclure is like the anti-MRP. That doesn't impress me.

So what happened??

Anyone got any footage or description? At the game and I missed it

I think it was clumsy and should be a high free kick nothing more.

But if they deem it a strike then he'll go because it was high contact, low impact and will probably be classed as reckless, which will make it a level 2 striking offense.

• Like 1

I missed it, which end was it and what did he do?

I was up the city end and didn't notice him do anything wrong.

50m arc Olympic side 2nd quarter.

A very late attempt to spoil contact between chest and neck. Both arms outstretched. A clumsy attempt to disguise what was his intent.

If he has 93 points in the bin and is reckless, high contact, low impact. Say goodbye for 2 weeks. Early plea may get him down to one week.

That's not too bad he gets rid of the points hanging over his head, so shouldn't affect us in the finals..

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-05-17/dawes-collects-rance-high

What did I just watch?

Is it striking - No.

Is it rough conduct - doubt it.

Yeah ok he follows through to the head but the level of conduct is surely so far below the force required for suspension. It's clear to me Dawes is trying to hamper him from running on and is mainly trying to push in to his body and can't get the hands down quick enough.

If Dawes gets anything at all for this the games a joke. There's no immediate retribution from Rance. His momentum takes him down more than anything and he felt no ill effects.

• Like 3

Dawes got a reprimand in round 7 last year?

Have these points expired yet?

2 weeks down to 1 with an early plea wouldn't be the end of the world. Gives him 2 weeks rest with the bye and have him fresh and fired up for queens birthday.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

I dont care if he gets a week, and to be honest he probbaly will

But if he gets 2 he will miss Queens Birthday vs the Pies... that would really really suck

I care. We are an infinitely better team with him on the field.

• Like 2

I care. We are an infinitely better team with him on the field.

I care too, of course I want him to get off

But he will cop a week, just hopefully no more

And even if he gets a week it was well worth it as he set the tone early and left Rance rattled all game!!

Edited by hogans_heroes

The folks on the 7 coverage tonight say it will be looked at but nothing in it. I don't think they were taking carryover points into account though. A reprimand would still see him go out for a week.

how long do carry over points last?

We're not a soft team anymore. There will be casualties.

Geez...was just a playful fist kiss :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I agree with the master in that I don't think it is reportable. However if they decide it is, he will go.

The problem will be when they ask for Richmond for a medical report on Rance. At the time, it took Rance 30 seconds to get his bearings and once up he fell again.

I doubt the Tigers are going to say "nah, he was fine just a bit soft and tried to milk a free from it."

Reckless high contact with low force, ball was in play and this is no worse than what deledio go off form, even Stevie j was slipping fists in last night but he's a protected species