DEMONLAND PLAYER OF THE YEAR - ROUND TWO

Demonland

6. Cross

5. Dunn

4. N. Jones

3. Tyson

2. Frawley

1. Byrnes

I am beginning to think we cannot play Toumpas, Trengove, M Jones in the same team. AT least not when we also have 2 ruckman and Pederson. We have to be the slowest team in the league and seeing Toumpas and Trengove chase is almost embarrassing. Pederson tries but is just not good enough.

6. Cross

5. Dunn

4. N. Jones

3. Tyson

2. Frawley

1. Byrnes

I am beginning to think we cannot play Toumpas, Trengove, M Jones in the same team. AT least not when we also have 2 ruckman and Pederson. We have to be the slowest team in the league and seeing Toumpas and Trengove chase is almost embarrassing. Pederson tries but is just not good enough.

M Jones is not slow just fumbly which slows him down.

6 N.Jones (lacked a bit of pace when trying to chase down Masten on one occasion, but once again a typical courageous non-stop effort and stemmed the tide of Eagle clearances after quarter-time).

5 D Cross (Much more involved down the corridor than last week and seemed to enjoy tackling Priddis)

4 J Frawley (Chris Langford had seven kicked on him in a GF and was still among the Hawks best. Chipper was far more prominent than last week. He took the game on and Kennedy is a gun).

3 D Tyson (It's a worry that he's only 20 yet he's so much smoother than all our young guys).

2 L Dunn (Quieter when he went forward but reliable again and he's better than Wheatley in his prime)

1 J Grimes (stuck to his guns on LeCras and kept him quiet and he sticks tackles unlike a few others. A couple of bad handling errors but he wasn't the only one).

6. Nate Jones

5. Dunn

4. Frawley

3. Cross

2. Tyson

1. Byrnes (pains me but gotta pay the only person kicking goals, christ that's depressing)

6: B Vince - not just a pretty face is he!

5: L Dunn - has matured as a player, and appears to have learnt to shut his mouth!

4: N Jones - as ever!!!

3: D Tyson - will be a star of the comp!

2: D Terlich - to call him an honest battler (which he is) is no insult.

1: D Cross - the best old bloke we've picked up in years.

Sorry JKH, don't feel sad that I haven't included you in the votes just be pleased you'll be in the team next week , and not as a sub. Well done, you have a good head on your shoulders!

6. N. Jones

5. D. Tyson

4. D. Cross

3. L. Dunn

2. S. Byrnes - ( not that got many possessions - but he played in front - lead to good spots. and worked his backside off

1. B. Vince.

On Frawley - some very good interlaced with some pretty poor

Progressive Scores:

31. Nathan Jones

25. Dom Tyson

20. Lynden Dunn

16. Jack Watts

8. Bernie Vince

6. Jimmy Toumpas

5. Daniel Cross

3. Matt Jones Dean Terlich Jack Trengove

2. Shannon Byrnes James Frawley

Please note again that you should always specify which Jones you are selecting if you pick those players to get votes.

Progressive Scores:

31. Nathan Jones

25. Dom Tyson

20. Lynden Dunn

16. Jack Watts

8. Bernie Vince

6. Jimmy Toumpas

5. Daniel Cross

3. Matt Jones Dean Terlich Jack Trengove

2. Shannon Byrnes James Frawley

Please note again that you should always specify which Jones you are selecting if you pick those players to get votes.

G'day Demonland

Can you explain to the 'simple minded folk' like myself how the voting works?

Is it an average of votes or total?

Cheers bud

6. Jones (on the bottom of the pack almost every time)
5. Tyson (a little rough)
4. Dunn (seeping experience these days)
3. Cross (old work horse)
2. Byrnes (played with a good defender on him)
1. Vince (got some pill, good first quarter)

I wonder how many posters that have Frawley in the votes went to the MCG yesterday, some of his one on one work was good but ball in hand he may as well walked over and handed it to a west coast player. Him and Grimes are the leaders of that back 6, it would be interesting to see how many goals where created by turnovers fumbles from our back 6. To be what I thought would be a strength of our club the back 6 is a big liability, they are the turnover kings.

Funny, last year our Mids woeful, this year mids looking OK at least getting the footy, I'm starting to think we severely over rated our back 6.

I wonder how many posters that have Frawley in the votes went to the MCG yesterday, some of his one on one work was good but ball in hand he may as well walked over and handed it to a west coast player. Him and Grimes are the leaders of that back 6, it would be interesting to see how many goals where created by turnovers fumbles from our back 6. To be what I thought would be a strength of our club the back 6 is a big liability, they are the turnover kings.

Funny, last year our Mids woeful, this year mids looking OK at least getting the footy, I'm starting to think we severely over rated our back 6.

I was at the MCG and I gave him votes, so let me explain why. I thought he was one of the few who made the necessary effort to get to a position where he could be used. That requires him to take the risk of running off his player even though he knows he may have to rush back if the ball is turned over. Under Neeld I suspect the instruction was for him never to leave his man, so he didn't seem to do this. Yes, he turned it over and some of those turnovers were inexcusable. But I can see the plan and once we have a functioning forward line it won't come back as often or as quickly so he won't be out of position so often on the rebound.