New sponsor - China Southern Airlines

old dee

Platinum plus sponsors appear to be alternating shorts sponsors.

I doubt there's room for a 3rd, as it would decrease the frequency of the other sponsors appearing.

New Age Caravans, as current "platinum sponsors", appear prominently on the coaches' uniforms, as I'd expect CSA to do.

No ceegar for you machsy :wacko:

Platinum Plus it is

• Like 1

MFC are the cutting the edge, China is the future.

MFC have had good ties with China, hopefully we see a future playing games there.

No doubt PJ is all over new ways to boast our membership.

Things like this could see us become that next big club..

The oldest club in the game could soon become the newest upstart.

Go Dees.

Good news.

Well done MFC .

I suspect that Colonel Tom Parker may have helped get this deal done.

He is also no doubt responsible for the China trip which saw Max Yawn on Scully.

When that Irish gnome succeeds in destroying Qantas they could be our national carrier.

They are the company interested in buying Qantas so you may not have to wait long.

If we can cultivate the relationship with China Southern Airlines like the Pies have done with Etihad, we would do very well.

PaulRB it is Emirates not Etihad two different airlines

MFC are the cutting the edge, China is the future.

MFC have had good ties with China, hopefully we see a future playing games there.

No doubt PJ is all over new ways to boast our membership.

Things like this could see us become that next big club..

The oldest club in the game could soon become the newest upstart.

Go Dees.

You have my vote

• Like 1

China Southern Partner Airlines. Definitely no Malaysia Airlines, but the names don't roll of the tongue as reputable airlines.

Don't mention Air France and KLM, bad experiences with both.

I can vouch for China Southern. Have used them at least 60 times in my travels to China. As for delays, its more of an airport problem over there. Too many flights in a rapidly expanding country. Every second flight is delayed no matter the carrier. Once we had their staff waiting for us as we left a flight as we were delayed and in danger of missing our connecting flight. We got taken down on the tarmac, got our bags off the plane and driven very fast 2km to the other side of the huge Guangzhou airport and got on our connecting flight with no time to spare. Great service.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

I can vouch for China Southern. Have used them at least 60 times in my travels to China. As for delays, its more of an airport problem over there. Too many flights in a rapidly expanding country. Every second flight is delayed no matter the carrier. Once we had their staff waiting for us as we left a flight as we were delayed and in danger of missing our connecting flight. We got taken down on the tarmac, got our bags off the plane and driven very fast 2km to the other side of the huge Guangzhou airport and got on our connecting flight with no time to spare. Great service.

You got the polar opposite treatment to what my young son and I received... they literally ran off so that they wouldn't have to deal with passenger queries. We wandered the GZ airport until we could find someone to help us with temp visas and accommodation... we had arrived at GZ around 6pm and finally were placed in a hotel at 2am... then woken at 5am with a false alarm and again at 6am to be taken to the airport. My previous experiences with them had been good, but that one left a very bad taste. Delays aren't such a big problem, but the treatment we received was unacceptable... if they wish to be a successful international airline, they need to learn a lot more about service.

Edited by hardtack

China Southern Partner Airlines. Definitely no Malaysia Airlines, but the names don't roll of the tongue as reputable airlines.

I have been on four of them Chippy

Nothing special but they got the job done, left on time, people we pleasant and no dramas.

Wouldn't fly on many of those airlines; Ive flown Air France and they're ok but Alitalia were bloody awful.

The rest apart from KLM, Delta and Korea, I doubt I'd be happy flying with.

While we could share our good/bad experiences on all these airlines how about we show DL appreciation that China Southern has come on board and stick to positive comments about their sponsorship rather than airline services

• Like 1

While we could share our good/bad experiences on all these airlines how about we show DL appreciation that China Southern has come on board and stick to positive comments about their sponsorship rather than airline services

I'm happy to see them throwing money our way... I won't whinge about our players, but when we get a sponsor like CS, I'm more than happy to express my thoughts (they are to me what 186 is to WYL :) ).

Edited by hardtack

I'm happy to see them throwing money our way... I won't whinge about our players, but when we get a sponsor like CS, I'm more than happy to express my thoughts (they are to me what 186 is to WYL :) ).

Should fit right in then.

• Like 1

You got the polar opposite treatment to what my young son and I received... they literally ran off so that they wouldn't have to deal with passenger queries. We wandered the GZ airport until we could find someone to help us with temp visas and accommodation... we had arrived at GZ around 6pm and finally were placed in a hotel at 2am... then woken at 5am with a false alarm and again at 6am to be taken to the airport. My previous experiences with them had been good, but that one left a very bad taste. Delays aren't such a big problem, but the treatment we received was unacceptable... if they wish to be a successful international airline, they need to learn a lot more about service.

You must have gotten there on a very bad day. There are frequent airport meltdowns in China. Staff get overwhelmed and especially so at Guangzhou when flights can arrive at every 4 minutes. I would give them a second chance if I were you. I have had my frequent share of annoyances with airlines too. Qantas once left me marooned at Bombay airport for over 30 hours and no hotel room.

Fire away Hardtack!!! :)
  • Like 1

I'm calling this early...if the club improves over the next three years and the AHG contract is up for renewal, AHG will sign front of jumper for approx 1.2 mil - 1.5 mil over 3 and China Southern will go back of jumper for 1 mill- 1.2 mill for three years. Taking our jumper sponsorship to total of 2.2 - 2.7 million per year for 2017-2020.

Edited by 13thFlagIsComing

I'm calling this early...if the club improves over the next three years and the AHG contract is up for renewal, AHG will sign front of jumper for approx 1.2 mil - 1.5 mil over 3 and China Southern will go back of jumper for 1 mill- 1.2 mill for three years. Taking our jumper sponsorship to total of 2.2 - 2.7 million per year for 2017-2020.

whilst i agree this would be an ideal scenario, by 2017-2020 i would wager that we will want significantly more $$ than that given the inflation in the market of player salaries, admin costs etc.

still, it would be a great thing to have two major sponsors once more.

Have flown both short and medium (connecting) flights on Vietnam Airlines, always pleasant, and got some good help and patience from ground crew during a minor crisis when Noi Bai airport passport control computer systems crashed just as I was about to go through. So there at least is a partner airline I can respect.

But regardless, China Southern is indeed a growing airline of significant size, so, yay for having another solid sponsor.

Plus, the announcement will encourage others, of course.

Edit:

Mind you; 4 years... that's a long layover.

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Like 1