Jesse Hogan - back injury

DeeSpencer

it sucks that we will likely be missing our big 3 main tall forward targets

But we still have the luxury of having two pretty handy players in Howe and Fitzy as the targets inside 50

Its nice to have some depth and talent for once

• Like 1

I wonder if Roos will think about swinging Watts forward.

If we had Garland, we could've swung him forward, we can't even do that.

St Kilda will firm in this week, I don't see where our goals will come from.

Dees still solid at $1.55 on Sportsbet.

Saints have recently shaded GWS for Spoon favouritism.

Edited by CHAMP

I just love that this came from Barrett. Yet again our club is too spineless to properly report injuries

Really???? Dont now why the club would wait till they were properly informed to report things to you. I am surprised JP and Roosy dont have you on speed dial. I am sure you have all the answers.

• Like 3

I think ill take up drinking

What's up-drinking? Should you really be taking it at this time when we have no forward line? I need a Jack.

Yeah it makes you wonder if much has changed personally I would be surprised if it has and letting supporters find that out by a [censored] that we all despise is really disappointing but should be expected.

Hah ha ha ha ha, The self mportance of people on this forum is a laugh. The club dont have a office full of people employed purely to tell members things that 1, they can do nothing about and 2, will generate negative reactions based on a limited understanding.

I think Burgo and the media department do a good job given the obvious financial and marketing limitations. They will release information when they have confirmed the situation with the medical department and the football department is comfortable with the release. Whats the point in reporting that Hogan has a sore back that may or may not be a problem in he is undergoing scans.

How about instead of bagging the Club you are all meant to love you point your finger at the the pond muck in the media that feel the need to release guess work in guise of breaking news just to get it our first. It may be the the info that the slime released on the footy show is right but as evidenced by his passed history he is wrong just as often.

• Like 1

Really???? Dont now why the club would wait till they were properly informed to report things to you. I am surprised JP and Roosy dont have you on speed dial. I am sure you have all the answers.

As a paid up member I would've preferred to read it on the club website than hear it from some weasel that takes pleasure out of announcing it on the FS, I dont think its to much to ask for. Edited by mjt

If he was running laps on tuesday it must be fairly minor. Anything more serious and he would be imobilized for at least a few days.

Might still have a valium though washed down with a G &T.

We just do not have any luck rolling....YET.

Lets wait until 2pm and see. Maybe it's minor bruising or a slight fracture that will heal and be fine by Round 2 or 3.

As much as I'd like to automatically proceed to the panic station, it could be OK.

At least we are playing "softer" opponents first up. Doesn't mean we take them lightly, or that we're going to win, but at least we are a chance.

Our draw starts to get very difficult from Round 4 onwards, and I'm hoping we can have 2 of Hogan, Dawes or Clark back by that time. And maybe Garland.

• Like 1

It's interesting that still there is nothing on Real Footy and nothing on the MFC site... so far, apart from a few tweets, the only article I have seen is on the AFL website and that was from the "pen" of Damian Barrett.

• Like 1

I doubt DB has sources within the medical dept of every club.

Much more likely his source for this sort of thing are low level employees at the facilities where scans are done.

More than likely ones that aren't fully informed but are able to give him enough info to postulate.

E.g. "Hogan has come in for scans on his back"

The rest is DB adding mayo so it sounds like he knows what he is talking about to the everyday mongoloid reading the article while their brain is on autopilot.

It probably will be 8 weeks, but I'm ok with that.

Players get injuries. That's football.

As a paid up member I would've preferred to read it on the club website than hear it from some weasel that takes pleasure out of announcing it on the FS, I dont think its to much to ask for.

SOP for all clubs - journo's always get a sniff and unlike the clubs who wait to get the full medico advice before publishing, the journo's will quickly report 10% fact and basically make up the rest.

You see it for every club - how many times have I read in the papers journo's quickly report that "this player" has suspected "that injury" and is out for 6,10,12 or "potentially season/career ending" only to have the club report 2 days later that the player will be out for a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

It's interesting that still there is nothing on Real Footy and nothing on the MFC site... so far, apart from a few tweets, the only article I have seen is on the AFL website and that was from the "pen" of Damian Barrett.

i agree. The club has been fairly quick on player welfare lately so i hold out some hope.

Anyone recall him coming off during the game on Friday night after a solid knock? I'm planning to have a look at the Geelong game again on the weekend I will be paying very close attention to any hits to his back.

Roos said he won't play according to Channel 7 journo Nick McCallum (who I trust a lot more than Barrett...)

http://twitter.com/nickmccallum7/status/441538136632328192

Well that is a lot more promising than the Footy Show.

A major reason why i don't rush home to watch it.

So what. Do you think the official AFL website will just publish anything and everything without any kind of approval process?

Grow up guys. It's not a conspiracy, it's really happening.

For the record - Yes - the "official AFL website" has editorial freedom from the AFL and does not need or get approval.

If you go back to the Voldermort thread ( Scully ) I took exception with an opinion piece on AFL.com from Jason Phelan and contacted the editor Geoff Slattery. I suggested that I would like to respond but it would be very uncomplimentary of Andrew D and I said they wouldn't publish. Not only did they publish but Slattery also went on the front foot on AFL.com and spoke about their independence and would publish without fear or favour as long as it was not offensive and it is not entirely fabricated.

So I would suggest that AFL.com would purely accept DB's "credentials" and just publish.

• Like 2

As a paid up member I would've preferred to read it on the club website than hear it from some weasel that takes pleasure out of announcing it on the FS, I dont think its to much to ask for.

It is too much to ask. If you don't want to hear news from unofficial sources which upsets you, perhaps you'd better stop watching those sorts of shows. Either that or get yourself a job within the medical department of the club.

Otherwise you will regularly see and read a mixture of half-baked news, speculative circulation-raising 'news' and occasionally spot-on information before it is on the MFC web site. But it's not a peculiar failing of the MFC - it's true for almost anything, business, politics etc.

• Like 2

Looks like Pedo and Fitzy are our key forwards this year.

If that's the case you can kiss Chip goodbye.

Get a frigging grip. A few injuries to key forwards = all our key forwards out for the whole year = Frawley gone. I worry about the condition of minds that automatically infer the worst possible scenario on a slither of information.

• Like 6