All about Mitch Clark

All the Jacks

I really like Stuie's thread, but imagine if Mitch read the post and thought I like this site lets see what else is on here.... it probably would not have helped our cause.

Really looking fwd to the season to start and hopefully some better times will provide a better environment for the players start to realise some success. I think there are quite a few supporters on here who need to show a bit more respect to our players who have endured the past 2 years, in particular those who has an impact in games against all odds. When Mitch does return he should not have to do superman efforts to lift up for a team low on confidence.

True but i mean you could copy and paste the text somewhere else, the idea was nice.

I'd go down a slightly different path

we need to be careful with our money because i believe Nathan Jones, jeremy Howe, Jack Trengove, Jesse Hogan and Colin Garland are all out of contract at the end of 2015, and this year James Frawley, Lynden Dunn and Tom Mcdonald are, we wouldn't want to lose any more than 1 of that group imo

Roos replacement i reckon they will have a fair idea of who that's going to be by now

It's a good point. Watching the weekends games 2.6 millions dollars worth of talent combined for a total of 27 touches, 2 goal 3, 2 out of bounds and numerous dummy spits. I speak of none other that Duddy, Travis Joke and Jack from tigerland. For mine these three are highly overpaid, with Duddy you could argue the merchandise factor. They stand up against lesser opponents but constantly go missing in the big games. There's only so much money to go around and a good question that was asked of Adam Goodes yesterday was "has the signing of Buddy gone against the Bloods culture. Jacks latest contract meant Dusty went looking elsewhere, now we all know how that turned out but I'd take Dusty over Jack any day. The Pies claim to have got rid of Shaw and Daisy due to behavioural issues, yet Swan and Beams still remain. I think Buckleys arrogance and money was an issue. Now before I go on, obviously we all wish Mitch the best and hope that he can resolves the issues he currently faces but come years end if he is not back at the club training/playing, a decision must be made on his contract. We cannot afford to honour an 800k contract as some on here have suggested for someone who is not playing for reasons other than injury.(yes there are exceptions like grieving the loss of someone but were probably not looking at that in this case). As we still don't know the exact reasons we speculate like everyone else. The club, the AFL and the Players Association would have a number of counselling services available to Mitch and his family, a 800k pay cheque isn't required to utilise these services. If mental health issues are what's troubling him these services plus a job around the club(assisting an assistant) to keep in touch with him could be of great benefit to him . If he decides he wants to walk away from football well that's a decision that he needs to make. Come the end of the year the club could be faced with a tough decision. But the club also has to manage 40 odd other players. We already know we have a battle on out hands to keep Chip, and may face the same again when Hogan enters his last contracted year. Interesting times ahead. Edited by Al's Demons

Mods PLEASE help me keep this thread to it's intended purpose, to support a demon.

Let's be gown ups and keep the rumours and insults to another thread guys. The idea was to show this to Mitch as a support mechanism, not show him how many tools are MFC supporters.

I fail to see any insults so far so stop being a little sook stuie and accept that the only person that can help mitch is mitch.

Personally I thought Stuie's thread was always going to be more about Stuie than Mitch Clark.

You hit the nail on the head there from all reports Mitchs lady has gone back to WA and taken there child with her so thats hard to deal with i didnt read the whole thread so not sure if thats been mentioned but this thread if little stuie had a choice would obviously have him coming first

Honestly some of the [censored] being written here is embarrassing.

I wish Mitch nothing but the best of health, physical and mental.

He has been nothing but a wonderful presence at our club, and deserves our support. Obviously he's going through a hard time, and I completely sympathise with the struggles of having to deal with a serious, life changing injury. When at 25 it could also end his career, the pain would be twice as overwhelming.

Take the time you need and get the care, love and support that you deserve and I genuinely hope we see you back in the red & blue someday soon. If not, well you still have your entire life ahead of you, a family that loves you and a promising talent you can nurture and develop.

IF the club had your mindset they would be broke you just dont walk away when your on 35 grand a game, if he cant do his rehab and give the fans and the club some bang for there buck its time to retire the supporters have had an absolute gut full of it.
  • Like 5

It's a good point. Watching the weekends games 2.6 millions dollars worth of talent combined for a total of 27 touches, 2 goal 3, 2 out of bounds and numerous dummy spits. I speak of none other that Duddy, Travis Joke and Jack from tigerland. For mine these three are highly overpaid, with Duddy you could argue the merchandise factor. They stand up against lesser opponents but constantly go missing in the big games. There's only so much money to go around and a good question that was asked of Adam Goodes yesterday was "has the signing of Buddy gone against the Bloods culture. Jacks latest contract meant Dusty went looking elsewhere, now we all know how that turned out but I'd take Dusty over Jack any day. The Pies claim to have got rid of Shaw and Daisy due to behavioural issues, yet Swan and Beams still remain. I think Buckleys arrogance and money was an issue. Now before I go on, obviously we all wish Mitch the best and hope that he can resolves the issues he currently faces but come years end if he is not back at the club training/playing, a decision must be made on his contract. We cannot afford to honour an 800k contract as some on here have suggested for someone who is not playing for reasons other than injury.(yes there are exceptions like grieving the loss of someone but were probably not looking at that in this case). As we still don't know the exact reasons we speculate like everyone else. The club, the AFL and the Players Association would have a number of counselling services available to Mitch and his family, a 800k pay cheque isn't required to utilise these services. If mental health issues are what's troubling him these services plus a job around the club(assisting an assistant) to keep in touch with him could be of great benefit to him . If he decides he wants to walk away from football well that's a decision that he needs to make. Come the end of the year the club could be faced with a tough decision. But the club also has to manage 40 odd other players. We already know have a battle on out hands to keep Chip, and face the same again when Hogan enters his last contracted year. Interesting times ahead.

I cannot believe ppl on here are suggesting we don't honor Clark's contract which runs until the end 2015. He had a serious career threatening foot injury while playing like superman, worked hard to come back the following season playing well in 4 games before complications arose requiring him to have another operation to remove screws from his foot. He builds up to a level where before suffering soft tissue injuries in late December he is looking a good chance for round 1. The players and coaches vote him into the leadership group, clearly seeing him as an important leader. The injurues he has suffered are not his fault.

He joined the club on a 4 year contract and should be paid a 4 year contract regardless of whether he is able to play again.

• Like 4

The policy of the site is, if possible, to not have multiple threads about one subject. We've had to merge three of four Mitch Clark threads and hope to avoid the farcical situation we've had in the past with multiple Jack Watts threads.

Mitch Clark is an adult, albeit going through a tough time, but doesn't need pampering from a fan site that he, in all likelihood, doesn't even visit.

• Like 3

I wish Mitch well and that he does make a return to the club and makes a significant contribution.

However, if Peter Jackson is asking lapsed members for their trust, I would like also as a current and continuing member to also have the benefit of some trust back as well.

I'm not specifically referring to Mitch but in general, please stop feeding us the BS about injured players. Rather than have us expecting significant players to return in the weeks before the start of the season when that is a remote possibility, give us something that remotely resembles reality.

exactly, exactly Jack....

we are not cows for milking

You were happy to spruik and cheerlead all the spin from the previous administration. What gives?

what gives; honesty gives,,,, truth gives,,,,, being able to look someone in the eye gives,,,, being able to believe someone on their word, Gives,,,,,

what, I hear you say????

T . R . U . S . T & R . E . S . P . E . C . T

Mfc.

what gives; honesty gives,,,, truth gives,,,,, being able to look someone in the eye gives,,,, being able to believe someone on their word, Gives,,,,,

what, I hear you say????

T . R . U . S . T & R . E . S . P . E . C . T

Mfc.

I think I heard James Hird say that once.

Perhaps it might be time to consider a potential trade back to Perth? if that's what's best for Mitch and the mfc can get a good result out of it i reckon it should be looked at, as much as i'd be sad to see him go.

I'd suggest he needs to be settled & if they have moved to WA, they may need space & time to work thru things for themselves.

Now would be a good time to support Mitch if the seperation is true.

his body may be fine. but this issue sounds more realistic. & excruciating to anyone going thru it.

Maybe he should relenquish all his money and go to a 3rd world country and get a real perspective about pain, sorrow and destitution.

Is he a man or still a boy?

Nice one tough guy.

Would like to see you offer this advice to Mitch in person.

• Like 1

I think I heard James Hird say that once.

I'm not talking about the bummers.

this is the NEW Melbournefc, with loyalty & honesty at the Heart of it all. to build a club out of the ashes of the old business model that was so shyte.

a new leaf starts off fresh & clean, & is pure. someone forgot to include Us.

PJ has started well this week.

but lets see this new leaf grow...

What a farce this site is becoming. Full of whingers and negativity. Can't even have a thread to simply support a struggling player without it turning into the usual rubbish from the usual people. Try and remember the reason you originally came on here, because you love the dees.

Pathetic effort.

Many MFC supporters, myself and OD included have stuck through far worse than the loss of a player. It is, above all, a team game

It is but you still need class and grunt throughout most lines in any team at this level. Losing our only potent forward (outside of Howe's part time worthy efforts) in the last few years (when he was on and fit) is a massive loss to a lowly team. In a middle rung or top team this position is more easily covered over by a senior group of core players, some of them proven A graders who can lead and lift the team and contribute to the scoreboard when needed. I haven't seen a Melbourne "team" anywhere near that mental and physical capability since 2006.

Another example is Carlton and Judd. You take Judd out of an average team like the Blues and they struggle big time to cover his class/engine/finish both around the ground and particularly through the middle. I'm not saying Mitch is a Judd, but he was a potent option when we managed to get him on the park and his absence is a massive blow in the short to medium term for "this" team. We better pray that Dawes gets fully match fit soon and he has a stellar year up forward. Howe and Hulk (assuming he recovers nicely soon) will both benefit from Dawes's prescence and "effort" examples when he's on the park.

IF the club had your mindset they would be broke you just dont walk away when your on 35 grand a game, if he cant do his rehab and give the fans and the club some bang for there buck its time to retire the supporters have had an absolute gut full of it.

If it is a "personal issue" ie., relationship matters, then sure, give Mitch a few weeks off to sort it but after that he is contracted and getting paid handsomely to boot (pardon the pun). After that IMO he has to start performing or ship out.

However, if it's a rehab issue that's obviously what the experts at the club are paid to manage and make calls on. I would rather they give him every chance to recoup than allow him to hang up his boots without giving it the best shot possible.

• Like 1

If it is a "personal issue" ie., relationship matters, then sure, give Mitch a few weeks off to sort it but after that he is contracted and getting paid handsomely to boot (pardon the pun). After that IMO he has to start performing or ship out.

However, if it's a rehab issue that's obviously what the experts at the club are paid to manage and make calls on. I would rather they give him every chance to recoup than allow him to hang up his boots without giving it the best shot possible.

& if its an Illness Mitch has contracted.. it could be serious? even life threatening.

I'd say if he's become 'unwell'.... & needs time away to clear his head & to sort things out. then that is whats best for Mitch, & us as well.

What a farce this site is becoming. Full of whingers and negativity. Can't even have a thread to simply support a struggling player without it turning into the usual rubbish from the usual people. Try and remember the reason you originally came on here, because you love the dees.

Pathetic effort.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: there there Stuie... is that better?