Training - Wednesday, 22nd January, 2014

Whispering_Jack

The fact that the name "Fitz" appears between those of Dawes and Riley in the listed players for the rehab group, would tend to indicate he is not OD... I know, I know, it's early in the day :)

And what happens as soon as I make this smartass reply, Lamashtu above posts a rehab group list that does not include Fitzy.

Pays to engage brain before moving fingers hardtack!

PS I was referring to myself

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

As for the forward line watching Hogan and Dawes today they look fit and ready to go. Dawes did some marking stuff with Kent post his running and then got Miller to kick him a few high balls to grab before goal kicking. I think it's already been mentioned he's only a week or so til back doing footy stuff and it looks that way. Same with Hogan. I get the feeling that if we were in season and Hogan jarred his knee in a game that he would be playing this weekend or next at worst.

Clark's harder to judge. There's no obvious sign of any problem with him but he does seem to be on a more restricted program than others.

Byrnes is back in main training. Blease is training very well. JKH the same. Tapscott was in main training and is doing a fair amount of work in rehab. Howe is going really well.

Come round 1 right now it looks like we will have at least Spencer to ruck and then Hogan, Dawes, Howe and take your pick of a few options for the smalls spot.

What we don't have is the second ruck/key forward spot sorted yet. There's still lots of time but Clark, Fitzy, Jamar and Gawn all seem a while away. But that's not the end of the world. We can make do with Pedersen or use Dawes or Hogan as that back up. It's one spot in 22 and if we lose round 1 it's not much of an excuse.

Maybe that's where the reported optimism by Pederson comes from, that he'll have a role in the forward line come Round 1?

Backup ruck switching forward.

Sounds very plausible to me, moreso than the fear mongering in regards to Clark, Dawes and Hogan all not being ready.

hello all, I was wondering if anyone could send me a link of some photos of the players throughout the off season. Or where i could find some snaps of the boys training?

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35776-training-photos-wednesday-15th-january-2014/

• Like 1

Maybe that's where the reported optimism by Pederson comes from, that he'll have a role in the forward line come Round 1?

Backup ruck switching forward.

Sounds very plausible to me, moreso than the fear mongering in regards to Clark, Dawes and Hogan all not being ready.

Good that Pedo is optimismistic about getting a spot. Should create some greater competition for spots with players having a belief that they should be in. Also, reading the reports he seems to be in pretty good nick this preseason which is always positive.

Still, I'll be a very sad lad if he is in the firsts come round 1.

Non-rehab forward line:

HF: Blease - Dunn - Tyson

F: Howe - Pedersen - Byrnes

Fingers crossed we get some talls back!

I actually laughed out loud at this forward line.

Are we ever going to see Clark and Dawes? Ever?

Ah, what fun it is supporting this club.

There you go people:

Jamar ready to defend ruck spot

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-22/jamar-to-defend-ruck-spot

"MELBOURNE ruckman Mark Jamar will join full training soon as competition for the club's main ruck spot intensifies."

"Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney told AFL.com.au Jamar had enjoyed a good period since returning to training in January and would join the main group by the end of the month."

"He is expected to be available for selection during the NAB Challenge Series that kicks off for Melbourne against Richmond on February 14 at Etihad Stadium."

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 2

Yes we will in the the 3rd week in January, the one thing I have noticed at training is the proper care and attention being taken on both training loads and injury

There you go people:

Jamar ready to defend ruck spot

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-22/jamar-to-defend-ruck-spot

"MELBOURNE ruckman Mark Jamar will join full training soon as competition for the club's main ruck spot intensifies."

He looked really fit at training today, this can only be a good thing, I want a viable alternative for every spot

ive seen the output of both these players

not quite as much as we would like,but still weve seen thier capabilities

i personally think there could be some slight panic creeping into some posters[can understand why]

PR,has a great knack of making sure players are ready to go

as posted above the big fella [jamar] is ready and will be trained to perfection and played when ready

all my fears from the last 3 seasons are gone GONE

head up fella ,were on the right track

• Like 1

hello all, I was wondering if anyone could send me a link of some photos of the players throughout the off season. Or where i could find some snaps of the boys training?

Photos of today

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2014-01-22/photo-gallery-wednesday-22-january

(hogans_heroes enjoy!)

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 3

youd almost think some one at the club reads this forum..... :rolleyes:

thanks youngdee

photos dont tell you a real lot

but cross,loooooks good

so to dunny

Good that Pedo is optimismistic about getting a spot. Should create some greater competition for spots with players having a belief that they should be in. Also, reading the reports he seems to be in pretty good nick this preseason which is always positive.

Still, I'll be a very sad lad if he is in the firsts come round 1.

You are not Robinson Crusoe deeko!

Amazing

They've never done this before, not with this many photos

You can all thank me one at a time

and well done to melbournefc.com.au for reading here and listening to the supporters!

I spoke to 'him', (not Matt Burgan) he got back from holidays on Monday, yes he had seen the comments on here, resisted my request that he puts a 'snarky' comment as the byline......told him to post the lot to quieten down the masses

• Like 1

I spoke to 'him', (not Matt Burgan) he got back from holidays on Monday, yes he had seen the comments on here, resisted my request that he puts a 'snarky' comment as the byline......told him to post the lot to quieten down the masses

I appreciate your contributions Sat, but your name dropping does become increasingly frustrating, and telling him to put a snarky comment just looks like a massive suck job.

You don't need to forward everything on a forum to players and admin, it's exactly that where supporters get on and pretend our opinions matter. You don't want to fill players and staffs mind of discontent when it's not required.

• Like 9

I appreciate your contributions Sat, but your name dropping does become increasingly frustrating, and telling him to put a snarky comment just looks like a massive suck job.

You don't need to forward everything on a forum to players and admin, it's exactly that where supporters get on and pretend our opinions matter. You don't want to fill players and staffs mind of discontent when it's not required.

Amen to that Arrow.

• Like 2

Amazing

They've never done this before, not with this many photos

You can all thank me one at a time

and well done to melbournefc.com.au for reading here and listening to the supporters!

Rubbish! They have too.

Not regularly, or at least maybe as regularly as you'd prefer.

Maybe you've not been paying attention?

It will be alright. I'm still pining for Aitken, Parke and Dillon to be on the track together, and as Digger would say, "That's a very long time".