AGM

dee-eee

I also think that we need to be careful of building this game up to be more important than the others... The last two years the club has gone into a season with a huge expectation of needing to do well, with pretty favourable opponents in Port and Brisbane, but we have failed dismally. From that point the pressure builds.

I wonder whether internally the club, coaches and players have worked themselves over mentally going into that first round, and were possibly gone before the ball was bounced. We then get slammed hard and fast from that point of the season and our confidence is shattered.

Don't get me wrong we need a good showing in round 1, but Roos and the coaches need to mentally have the players treating this game as they would any and every other game.

We should win round 1 and if we don't I will be [censored] off. We should also be aiming to make finals and after that reassess our goals. It's the same every season.

Other than that Denham has been much better the last couple of months.

I used to hate him with a vengeance however the further we got into 2013 the more his predictions looked correct.

his main [censored] was that we were run by a bunch of incompetents.

Guess what he turned out to be correct.

Every since the departure of CS and most of the board he has been more approving.

But are you with me OD?

Can you see it now after last nights AGM?

light%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bend%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btunn

But are you with me OD?

Can you see it now after last nights AGM?

light%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bend%2Bof%2Bthe%2Btunn

At the risk of upsetting RR

I think that looks awfully like an express train DF

Ha Ha

Yes this mob gives me way more confidence

• Like 1

Other than that Denham has been much better the last couple of months.

I used to hate him with a vengeance however the further we got into 2013 the more his predictions looked correct.

his main [censored] was that we were run by a bunch of incompetents.

Guess what he turned out to be correct.

Every since the departure of CS and most of the board he has been more approving.

He has been 'old dee' it's just that he keeps going on about us giving up Kelly (pick 2) who he has never seen play for Tyson who I doubt he has ever seen play and Salem who he has never seen play. He reckons we have given up a Brownlow medalist in Kelly where I think we have traded one in, Tyson.

He has been 'old dee' it's just that he keeps going on about us giving up Kelly (pick 2) who he has never seen play for Tyson who I doubt he has ever seen play and Salem who he has never seen play. He reckons we have given up a Brownlow medalist in Kelly where I think we have traded one in, Tyson.

I don't understand why posters care a hoot about what an overweight self important jorno thinks?

He can think that the queen is gay for all I care......When we play good footy the media will be all over the team and Roos and all saying that they predicted it all....

Now this may surprise you rjay but I will go with Roos and his knowledge in front of Mr. Denham

• Like 1

G*ay is censored???????......Wow....I thought it was the same as happy......

It is the sheltered world you live in Bossdog.

terrible when the meaning of a word gets hijacked.

Organic is another that I get annoyed about.

Not withstanding your general sentiments I believe Hogan's impact in year one will surprise many.

I'm being cautious with Hogan. After watching Daniher - last year who's VFL performances weren't too far off Hogan - struggle with the pace of AFL I'm more cautious. Hogan is obvious a superior athlete in terms of speed, strength and fitness and has had the extra preseason but he's still so young for a key position player. I expect a few games that make us really excited but a lot that aren't overly special.

• Like 1

I love the sound of 9 wins.

I dont see how we can do it.

Unless one or two clubs have the ars# drop out like we did, I will be marginally satisfied with 4 wins.

Every other team is/seems to be having quite a good pre-season, although many may not have noticed.

The round one game is unfortunately one of our biggest games, if not the biggest all year.

4 Wins may not "sound" good but would be a real turning point and would mean we have been competitive for the whole game most of the time.

4 wins sounds about right for this year.

We'll improve but the only teams I can see us beating are:

GWS

St Kilda

Bulldogs at the G

Brisbane

Gold Coast at the G.

We'll no doubt lose half of the above which leaves us at 3 or 4 wins.

The rest of the clubs are worlds apart from us.

Enjoyed the Roos and Jackson speeches

Hard to see these guys not sticking around for the long haul with the amount of work they've already put in

I get the sense that both of their hearts are right in the MFC, which is what we all hoped for.

I hope they become part of the fabric of the club for a long time and stick around to reap the rewards with the players.,

• Like 3

9 wins would be a jump of 7 extra wins for the year.

Without looking up stats specifically, when was the last time a team improved to that degree?
I assume Port wouldve improved 5 or 6 in 2013, but nowhere near 9.

I think West Coast may also struggle this year, theyve lost Kerr and Cox is on his last legs. Of both "coasts"

I expect them to finish below Abletts mob.

Thus our first month or so, to follow the Port analogy, is crucial.
Despite being at the Dome, we should be St Kilda, are a real chance against WC here, play the Giants,

Carlton and then Gold Coast again at home.

We are a genuine chance in the first 5 of these games to go 4-1.

After that it gets much, much harder of course...

4 wins sounds about right for this year.

We'll improve but the only teams I can see us beating are:

GWS

St Kilda

Bulldogs at the G

Brisbane

Gold Coast at the G.

We'll no doubt lose half of the above which leaves us at 3 or 4 wins.

The rest of the clubs are worlds apart from us.

Ah the boundless pessimism of Demons supporters. At least let us replace 'no doubt' with 'probably'.

I'm being cautious with Hogan. After watching Daniher - last year who's VFL performances weren't too far off Hogan - struggle with the pace of AFL I'm more cautious. Hogan is obvious a superior athlete in terms of speed, strength and fitness and has had the extra preseason but he's still so young for a key position player. I expect a few games that make us really excited but a lot that aren't overly special.

I'm happy to disagree and be bullish.

Hogan is going to be a superstar of the competition (and I'm not insinuating you disagree). He plays every game at 19. Of course he'll have quiet games, he did at Casey last year, but his footy smarts, aggression, strength, running ability will see him impact games from year one.

Like Tony Lockett, Hogan is a man child. I'm not expecting Hogan to be a 19 year old Lockett (79 goals), who was already a superstar having debuted at 17 and kicked 77 goals as an 18 year old, but I have NO doubt Hogan will surprise many, including Melbourne supporters who are nervous about the hype.

• Like 1

Hogan is going to be a superstar of the competition (and I'm not insinuating you disagree). He plays every game at 19. Of course he'll have quiet games, he did at Casey last year, but his footy smarts, aggression, strength, running ability will see him impact games from year one.

Like Tony Lockett, Hogan is a man child. I'm not expecting Hogan to be a 19 year old Lockett (79 goals), who was already a superstar having debuted at 17 and kicked 77 goals as an 18 year old, but I have NO doubt Hogan will surprise many, including Melbourne supporters who are nervous about the hype.

I have him pencilled in for 40 goals in his first season.

I don't understand why posters care a hoot about what an overweight self important jorno thinks?

He can think that the queen is [censored] for all I care......When we play good footy the media will be all over the team and Roos and all saying that they predicted it all....

I know 'Boss' but it's that he doesn't think that gets me.

I need to get in on the meditation stuff.

Jeremy Cameron played 16 games his first season, Jonathan Brown played 13.

I dont think its going to happen that he plays every game, he will be carefully managed, and given a rest at least twice during the year (possibly the week after a road trip to Perth to spend time with the family like he did this year?). Given we also have Clark, Dawes and Fitzpatrick that can play the tall forward role its not as if our forward line would be barren without him. I'd hate to see him suffer from OP or some other overuse injury that blights young stars pushed too hard too soon, but then again I think understanding managing fitness loads has got a lot better nowadays that those type of injuries arent as prevalent..

Happy new year all, Just watched the vids from the AGM............ sigh I'm back on board for 2014, I've been suckered in again haha

let the fun begin!!! C'mon Dees 2014!

• Like 2

Happy new year all, Just watched the vids from the AGM............ sigh I'm back on board for 2014, I've been suckered in again haha

let the fun begin!!! C'mon Dees 2014!

U have a weird definition of "fun" U H!!!