Corporate Sponsors

Bedraggled Dee

I think we all are.

Just because he's very good at his job doesn't mean he can pull sponsorship out of his butt.

We are a hard sell. We're not exactly a brand with which you would want to associate your product, are we.

Any pubic lice is good publicity they say in marketing circles.

Then again, they are all full of it.

I find it amusing the lack of hand wringing & abuse on here re PJ's ability to attract sponsors.

If CS was still in charge I don't think he would be receiving the same latitude.

Hopefully, sponsors will come forward soon or we will be going cap in hand again to the AFL.

Sponsors look for one thing, the number of members on the database that they have access to, because we are up and down and mostly down in the last few years, the fairweather supporters have been on and off the database, not a very attractive proposition to sponsors....the fact the numbers are good this year might be enough to attract, but we are still a hard sell...anyway as somebody said all contracts expire 31st October

Sponsors look for one thing, the number of members on the database that they have access to, because we are up and down and mostly down in the last few years, the fairweather supporters have been on and off the database, not a very attractive proposition to sponsors....the fact the numbers are good this year might be enough to attract, but we are still a hard sell...anyway as somebody said all contracts expire 31st October

Over-simplistic much?

The number of members is relevant. So is the number of people watching our games on TV. So is our 'culture'. So are the demographics of those members. So are a host of other things. They are looking overall at our brand.

• Like 2

I find it amusing the lack of hand wringing & abuse on here re PJ's ability to attract sponsors.

If CS was still in charge I don't think he would be receiving the same latitude.

cos CS is an idiot

thats why

Hopefully, sponsors will come forward soon or we will be going cap in hand again to the AFL.

Because we love PJ and know good things will be coming soon.

Because we love PJ and know good things will be coming soon.

I too hope this is the case and I support PJ on everything he has done so far.

I will totally believe when I see a club competitive both on & off the field.

We have had too many people crowned as saviours in the past who have been acclaimed to be on the right track, only to send us back into the depths of despair.

I will believe, this time, when I see results.

I too hope this is the case and I support PJ on everything he has done so far.

I will totally believe when I see a club competitive both on & off the field.

We have had too many people crowned as saviours in the past who have been acclaimed to be on the right track, only to send us back into the depths of despair.

I will believe, this time, when I see results.

Totally understand your feelings.

However PJ had come to a train wreck of a club in so many areas.

His role was to recruit a experienced Senior Coach - Which he has done very successfully.

Regardless if Roos does any good as a Coach which only time will tell, PJ has done his job.

He has restructured the football Department and now the CEO does not get too involved in football decisions.

Club employees who did not understand their roles and responsibilities or lack the neccessary skills have been moved on.

With the past 6 or 7 season the MFC has had, it would be difficult for anyone to sell a major sponsorship deal or two.

IMO PJ has done every thing a quality CEO could and should have done so far.

The real challenge for the Club is to extend his term as CEO or be able to recruit a similar quality CEO if he leave us.

Over-simplistic much?

The number of members is relevant. So is the number of people watching our games on TV. So is our 'culture'. So are the demographics of those members. So are a host of other things. They are looking overall at our brand.

No that is actually correct, I researched it, the first thing they want to know is how large is the membership database, it is the strongest selling point, hence why Colliongwood and Richmond have no trouble attracting sponsors no matter how bad they are travelling.........haven't seen sponsors suddenly jumping off the Pies coz Buckley said there is a culture problem....have you?

No that is actually correct, I researched it, the first thing they want to know is how large is the membership database, it is the strongest selling point, hence why Colliongwood and Richmond have no trouble attracting sponsors no matter how bad they are travelling.........haven't seen sponsors suddenly jumping off the Pies coz Buckley said there is a culture problem....have you?

He said you were over simplifying it, not that you were wrong.

Sponsors care about everything related to their exposure to a club.

We would be a toxic mix of failure and instability up until Jackson agreed to stay and lured Roos.

So that means we are a blank canvas with (soon to be) 40k members but we will still have less exposure on TV, papers, and radio than other clubs.

It will be tough to get high end sponsors as it always is.

• Like 3

I don't have absolute unwavering confidence in PJ to attract sponsors, but I do have a hell of a lot more confidence in him than I did CS.

Here is some ideas for him

klonblog_dailybri-001a-superhelden.jpg

original.jpg

They both would be so much better in Red and Blue

He said you were over simplifying it, not that you were wrong.

Sponsors care about everything related to their exposure to a club.

We would be a toxic mix of failure and instability up until Jackson agreed to stay and lured Roos.

So that means we are a blank canvas with (soon to be) 40k members but we will still have less exposure on TV, papers, and radio than other clubs.

It will be tough to get high end sponsors as it always is.

essentially agree, but if , and its an IF I dont argue , we start turning this lug around and start enjoying some little success we'll be THE fell good story of the comp. We'll get a LOT of media for this. All the right type. a gold mine for a potential sponsor (s)

essentially agree, but if , and its an IF I dont argue , we start turning this lug around and start enjoying some little success we'll be THE fell good story of the comp. We'll get a LOT of media for this. All the right type. a gold mine for a potential sponsor (s)

No doubt, BB.

But we have to do it first, but we also have to get sponsors before the season starts, which means that we have to play respectable footy before we start playing - and that is very hard to do...

No doubt, BB.

But we have to do it first, but we also have to get sponsors before the season starts, which means that we have to play respectable footy before we start playing - and that is very hard to do...

Well at least we won't have lost any games.

• Like 1

No doubt, BB.

I appreciate that but I sense the Corporate people have something very real to sell potentials as opposed to the absolute 'pie in sky' that had to work with before

Lets be honest, if St Kilda can get and keep sponsors over the past 3 years, we shouldn't have a problem either...

That's what I think.

Anyone can sell a sponsorship, it's about selling it for a decent price. I'm sure if we rolled over and gave it away for nothing (imagine what Linen House's marketing budget is. An online linen store?) then we could attract all sorts of rinky dinky businesses. Maybe that's how we ended up with Opel and Webjet in the first place, but we've got a good two months to find something at a reasonable price before we have to let panic set in and take whoever will associate themselves with us.

Bring back China Southern. What an appropriately shonky brand to be involved with.

Edited by Supermercado