Barrett peddling his usual crap about the Demons

Dees2014

Just listened to Barrett with Terry Wallace analyse the Tyson Demons deal. Barrett of course said it was the demons up to their old tricks and throwing away value like last year. Wallace was more balanced and clearly knew Dom Tyson and his family very well. He initially said it was an extraordinarily good deal for GWS since the rated Tyson currently number 6 or seven amongst their mid fielders in view of the small number of games he had played in the last two years. However he did say Dom is an extraordinary talent which can be seen from his TAC cup form and his rising star form from the end of his first year at the Giants. He also said most of the star mid fielders in the draft are smaller skillful outside players which is not what Melbourne needs ie bigger bodied, inside midfielders which if Roos can get him playing to his potential maybe what Melbourne needs. His major criticism was that he thought the deal could have done with pick 2, and 74. He thought pick 20 put it over the top. Interestingly, they did not even mention pick 9 which lacked balance in my view.

Barrett is a nong, and is as one eyed about the Kangas as Robinson is about the Dons.

But Pick 9 is the whole point - keeping another pick insdie the Top 10

• Like 1

In Barrett's defence we arent dealing with a man of exceptional abilities to discern

hrd4.jpg

• Like 1

he's one of those guys that makes you want to hack your own arm off so that every time he spoke you could club him with it

You'll run out of limbs before DB runs out of speculation and 'alleged this or that'.

He's just trying to make the jump from muckraker to opinion column.

We all know he won't make it and will spiral like Knievel into Snake Canyon.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that he is wrong this time... I hope that he is wrong this time. I reckon he is wrong on this occasion as we have people with some runs on the board pulling the levers this time around.
That being said we do have a habit on this board for jumping down people's throats for saying bad things about the club. In many cases, these people were right. Some, like David King, just managed to pull something out of their a**e and get it right. Some like Greg Denham and in some cases Damien Barrett are right but are snide about it (to see how snide and vindicative Damo is, listen to his 'Ross Lyon is finished if Freo lose today' spiel on Triple M on grand final day. It was nice to hear Spud point out that Purple was just pizzed that Lyon had a go at him after the Geelong game for asking muppet questions about Crowley). These people do give us the s***s but the truth is a lot of what they said was right.
That being said, I think (I PRAY) that they are wrong this time.

Can we have a "Demonland Flogie of the Year Award"?

We can vote at the end of trade who is the biggest [censored] in the media.

My nominations would be C Wilson, D Barret or G Denim (not the right spelling but u know who I mean)

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 2

Can we have a "Demonland [censored] of the Year Award"?

We can vote at the end of trade who is the biggest [censored] in the media.

My nominations would be C Wilson, D Barret or G Denim (not the right spelling but u know who I mean)

Can I add Rucci to the list, another know it all know nothing.

Barrat is one of the leaders of a pack of hacks who report on the AFL. They are a rabid bunch of self serving [censored] who each have there own barrow and agenda they push. They should be embarrassed to call themselves journalists. At times they get confused that they are not there to create the news but to report on it.

Watching Robbo and Gerrard become the Essendon mouth peice all winter was an absolute disgrace. They obviously allowed themselves to be used to push Hird and Co's agenda and leaked information. It got to the point where I was no longer able to watch it.

They miss great positive stories like Evans getting back to play after all his injuries and instead focus from week 1 on which coach is likely to get the boot. It is immoral and wrong that they contribute and even worse take delight in the demise of a persons job and livelyhood. The pressure on coaches is driven to a large degree by the media's desire for blood. How about analysis and discussion on why Melbourne is where it is rather than the the mounting pressure the can place on Neeld.

Most don't do the work and don't know know the players or the teams. eg Brereton this year - "not sure why Gawn has not got more games?" Knee reconstructions moron!!! A couple of hours research is not too much to ask.

I also have a pet hate - how is it journalism to pick some slightly overexposed video clips and set it to music??? There is plenty of drama in the game without these numbskulls trying to add to it in the editing room.

• Like 4

Barrat is one of the leaders of a pack of hacks who report on the AFL. They are a rabid bunch of self serving a-holes who each have there own barrow and agenda they push. They should be embarrassed to call themselves journalists. At times they get confused that they are not there to create the news but to report on it.

Watching Robbo and Gerrard become the Essendon mouth peice all winter was an absolute disgrace. They obvioulsy allowed themselves to be used to push Hird and Co's agenda and leaked information. It got to the point where I was no longer able to watch it.

They miss great positive stories like Evans getting back to play after all his injuries and instead focuss from week 1 on which coach is likely to get the boot. It is immoral and wrong that they contribute and even worse take delight in the demise of a persons job and livelyhood. The pressure on coaches is driven to a large degree by the media's desire for blood. How about analysis and discussion on why Melbourne is where it is rather than the the mounting pressure the can place on Neeld.

Most don't do the work and don't know know the players or the teams. eg Brereton this year - "not sure why Gawn has not got more games?" Knee reconstructions moron!!! A couple of hours research is not too much to ask.

I also have a pet hate - how is it journalism to pick some slightly overexposed video clips and set it to music??? There is plenty of drama in the game without these numbskulls trying to add to it in the editing room.

Great Post.

I have been thinking this all year. How many pathetic, cheap shot jokes have been made about the MFC all year, but never any actual analysis of what has gone wrong or what needs to be done to fix the problem. It drives me crazy that all of these so called expert commentators have so little to offer of any depth and just regurgitate each others opinions over and over again.

Edited by Knucklhead

Barrat is one of the leaders of a pack of hacks who report on the AFL. They are a rabid bunch of self serving a-holes who each have there own barrow and agenda they push. They should be embarrassed to call themselves journalists. At times they get confused that they are not there to create the news but to report on it.

Watching Robbo and Gerrard become the Essendon mouth peice all winter was an absolute disgrace. They obvioulsy allowed themselves to be used to push Hird and Co's agenda and leaked information. It got to the point where I was no longer able to watch it.

They miss great positive stories like Evans getting back to play after all his injuries and instead focuss from week 1 on which coach is likely to get the boot. It is immoral and wrong that they contribute and even worse take delight in the demise of a persons job and livelyhood. The pressure on coaches is driven to a large degree by the media's desire for blood. How about analysis and discussion on why Melbourne is where it is rather than the the mounting pressure the can place on Neeld.

you da' best.

I've said this before. They want the money but don't come across as professional because they don't put in the work.

Couldn't agree more. The ex players are the man cuprits on this one. It all makes good journos like Emma Quayle look like a diamond in dog turds

it not a matter of having an opinion

it wouldn't matter who we traded the little [censored] would still bag us

At lest we are not dumb enough to pay 10 million for 9 years for a player who only kicked 1 goal in this years GF

At lest we are not dumb enough to pay 10 million for 9 years for a player who only kicked 1 goal in this years GF

Pretty sure we are not dumb enough to approach " Head Office " for the money to do it either ?

Buddy is no better than Allan Jakovich... he just has a better back!

If Garry had a better back to support him the " wizz " ,d still be there !

Anybody got a recording of Terry Wallace's assessment of the Demon list on trade radio yesterday afternoon? It was excluded from the podcast which usually lasts 75mins but for some reason only went 35 mins yesterday.

I understand he predicted for us 6-8 wins. If so, that is more than most posts on here from our own suporter. Interesting!

• Like 1

I was told Finey and a player agent bagged our trade period tonight on SEN

anyone hear it?

I do rate Finey so I would be interested in his opinion. He may or may not be right but at least he's usually informed unlike a lot of others in the media.

Anybody got a recording of Terry Wallace's assessment of the Demon list on trade radio yesterday afternoon? It was excluded from the podcast which usually lasts 75mins but for some reason only went 35 mins yesterday.

I understand he predicted for us 6-8 wins. If so, that is more than most posts on here from our own suporter. Interesting!

Yeah why was that exuded from the podcast (Carlton's list management as well)? Pretty much the only part worth listening to.