Paul Roos - he is now our King

Ron Burgundy

Colless and the Swans have a terrible culture problem up there .

the Swans are on the slide ,CLEARLY.

Almost feel sorry for them.

I just feel like kicking them fair in the Nuts!

Losing to the Purple Plague in a Preliminary Final, unforgivable.

Plus they are trashing my teams coach, its WAR!

Almost humorous how in the past, in our guise as the pathetically pushed overed play-alongs all the other clubs didnt really take much notice or care of us. Oh, they're Melbourne ( snigger snigger ) dont worry about them .

Now, a different beast is emerging and already they dont like it.

Isn't it great !!! :wub:

Theres much to do and I wont get too far ahead of where we still are but the direction is clear and the intent made manifest. We arent here to make up the numbers any more.

Given who Roos has sought as his staff and heir apparent it will be interesting to see how that translates into the players he seeks to bring on board.

I do like the off season but even so, this is REALLY REALLY interesting times

BB do you have a Man Crush?

I dont do man crushes HH....I simply have a respectful fondness for the bloke :wub: lol
  • Like 1

Apologies - I know there's a Paul Roos for coach thread already, but, having just watched OTC tonight, and having observed the slander directed towards him by Richard Colless and others at the Swans tonight, I felt angry.

Paul Roos is our man now. He's no longer our potential coach. He's now our leader.

Get behind him.

I love the man.

HIS HAIR COULD LIFT A CAR OFF A BABY

if it wanted to

we support your support of ro"osy

I find it very amusing listening to Sydney supporters [censored] and moan about how Roosy is a poor quality guy and coach now that he's at another club, they seem to forget he was a big part in why they're successful now and that he got them their first flag in 74 years.

I am enjoying watching us develop a hard line dose of mongrel, all wrapped up in the polite, calm exterior of three men - Jackson, Batrlett and Roos. We have never seen them ruffled, speaking from emotion, getting caught out by a tough question, moaning or whinging. But beneath congenial exterior lies a hard, aggressive heart beat that is impossible to shift or worry. The last time this attitude emanated from our great club was when Northey was coach. He was often polite and calm in the media but a full dose of coaching mongrel existed behind closed doors. (He was one of the greatest coaching spray-ers of all time).

But I will not place a crown on Roos' head, a laurel of ivy on his head, a halo above him or any other expression of transcendence until we start beating top four sides and playing finals. Even if this is 4 years away I cannot ever again fully buy in emotionally at the appointment of a coach just to get my heart ripped out.

What I am enjoying is the feelings of genuine hope, and seeing other clubs beginning to rally against us as we become aggressive, business like and success oriented.

• Like 2

I find it very amusing listening to Sydney supporters bitch and moan about how Roosy is a poor quality guy and coach now that he's at another club, they seem to forget he was a big part in why they're successful now and that he got them their first flag in 74 years.

I reckon it is a disgrace. He is a legend of their club, those peanuts ought to show some respect. A lot of short-memoryism going on with Swans fans at the moment.

• Like 3

Poor Swannies need an extra 1.5 mill in the cap so their dodgy players like Tippett can get a nicer view of Bondi Beach.

The AFL propped up the Swans for decades.

The no D!ckheads policy musn't apply at board level.

Rip their FkN lungs out Roosy.

• Like 1

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=roos-on-tension-with-swans_1226726501856&vc=212

I assume this is what you are talking about? - I don't have fox

Roos distancing himself from Sydney will only strengthen his bond with us hopefully. Maybe may make him stay on at the dees in another role.

Sydney clearly have no sense of respect or have short memory spans.

Roos is an honest good bloke doing nothing more than his job.

Just because he used to be part of the club does not mean he needs to bow down every time he runs into them (if anything should be the other way round).

For so long we have been to weak to have rival clubs - maybe this is a sign that times are changing.

I want rivals.

I want to play dirty.

Edited by Young Dee

Apologies - I know there's a Paul Roos for coach thread already, but, having just watched OTC tonight, and having observed the slander directed towards him by Richard Colless and others at the Swans tonight, I felt angry.

Paul Roos is our man now. He's no longer our potential coach. He's now our leader.

Get behind him.

I love the man.

When Roos looked doubtful many here jumped on to the Williams bandwagon if they weren't on it already.

As good as Choco may have been/still is as a coach, he was never going to be able to bring about the exposure and attraction that Roos does. This coupled with his intelligence and massive network of class associates just crystalizes his appointment as being the absolute correct choice.

In securing Roos, Jackson's 'doggedness' as Roos aptly put it, will remain as one of the more admirable pieces of work that's been done at the MFC for quite some time.

• Like 2

I don't have Foxtel, but saw the edited clip of it on Footy Classified (YES that show with Shrek's evil grandmother on it) and I too was incredibly impressed.

In all honesty what does Sydney expect, they offer Lloyd Perris a confirmed rookie position when he is clearly a late first round/ early second round pick, and with the limited stats I have on him he is easily worth our second round pick.

I also find it humourous that Sydney are currently blocking talks between one of their coaching assistants Stuart Dew and us over a potential position next year, the blocking won't last long.

Stated down the bottom end of this article:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-09-25/dees-offer-new-contract-to-sylvia

ALL IN ALL, ROOS IS SO FAR VERY IMPRESSIVE!

When Roos looked doubtful many here jumped on to the Williams bandwagon if they weren't on it already.

As good as Choco may have been/still is as a coach, he was never going to be able to bring about the exposure and attraction that Roos does. This coupled with his intelligence and massive network of class associates just crystalizes his appointment as being the absolute correct choice.

In securing Roos, Jackson's 'doggedness' as Roos aptly put it, will remain as one of the more admirable pieces of work that's been done at the MFC for quite some time.

Totally agree. To be honest, I am still absolutely stunned that we landed Roos.

I had thought Williams would've been the best available from the next tier down.

I don't have Foxtel, but saw the edited clip of it on Footy Classified (YES that show with Shrek's evil grandmother on it) and I too was incredibly impressed.

In all honesty what does Sydney expect, they offer Lloyd Perris a confirmed rookie position when he is clearly a late first round/ early second round pick, and with the limited stats I have on him he is easily worth our second round pick.

I also find it humourous that Sydney are currently blocking talks between one of their coaching assistants Stuart Dew and us over a potential position next year, the blocking won't last long.

Stated down the bottom end of this article:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-09-25/dees-offer-new-contract-to-sylvia

ALL IN ALL, ROOS IS SO FAR VERY IMPRESSIVE!

How long is he contracted for? Can we only talk with him when either his contract is up or Sydney allows us to?

While the God complex of this thread is a bit over the top, I do still randomly grin to myself when I remember that we landed Roos.

It's still sinking in for me too.

• Like 1

It's still sinking in for me too.

its a bit surreal isnt it. A properly functioning creditable administration who are ducking the haymakers and landing uppercuts..

and its Melbourne :wacko::)

• Like 3

good point lol

Lucky that maggot is nowhere near the MFC anymore, praise allah

I find it distressing that one of our past administrators is called a "maggot"

Whatever you may think of CS.....He had the best interest of the club at heart....Had a big hand in the debt reduction.....He had many faults but to call ANYBODY a maggot is ignorant, stupid, and shows the mentality of the author......

• Like 1

Roos has demanded an apology from Colless -

With whom he appeared on the same program as friends just weeks ago - and denied he was attempting to steal Sydney's best young talent.

"The young boy is very, very keen to play for the Sydney Swans footy club. If he chooses not to and goes in the draft, he's eligible to be picked up by any club in the competition," Roos said.

"I don't understand where the animosity is coming from."

"They've moved on and I've got to move on. Clearly there's an enormous amount of anger coming out of the Sydney Swans towards me. I don't understand why it happens. Maybe it's a message to me that things don't always pan out the way you want them to.

"I was hoping and always have hoped that I would walk out of that club respecting the club and receiving the same respect in return."

Roos went on to suggest that Sydney had burnt its bridges with him.

"The last two or three days, post-what Richard said, that's galvanised in my mind I'm no longer with the Swans, I'm with Melbourne and I'll do the absolute best I can for the Melbourne footy club.!!

"From my point of view I had the right to go and do another job.

I've got to deal with the fact that I'm now the Melbourne coach."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-coach-paul-roos-devastated-at-the-animosity-from-former-club-sydney/story-fni5f8gf-1226726775557

Don't you just Love it :)

The more Roo speaks and Acts the more I believe we finally have a Future GO DEES !

• Like 1

I get the feeling that there were a few people who, while excited about us getting Roos, thought he would just do his time, collect his pay check and then go back to being a Sydney man... Roos himself said that the last two or three days have galvanised that his is no longer a Swan.

If it wasn't the case already, Colless has absolutely seen to it that Roos is well and truly a Demon.