Jimmy Toumpas

jane02

If this wasn't so tragic for us it would be comical. Two players Toumpas and Tengove both who are slow are dropped . Well what not a surprise. Just adds more weight to the Ollie Wines Drafting fiasco.

• Like 3

If this wasn't so tragic for us it would be comical. Two players Toumpas and Tengove both who are slow are dropped . Well what not a surprise. Just adds more weight to the Ollie Wines Drafting fiasco.

Yep! picking wrong player types at wrong times Its not hind sight Trengove never impacted at the beginning and Toumpas is going the same path

Edited by jackaub

Bit of both really I suspect. I dont think Trenners was a poor choice as such. Looked the goods early and has essentially, for various reasons, gone backwards. I do think JT was not what we needed.

Emma is reactive, she cares only about her reputation.

It is unfortunate, because back in the day I rated Emma right up there.

By going mainstream, Emma now cares more about getting the order right come draft day - than about evaluating with a focus on the long term.

Anyone can get the order right at night out, but not anyone can go out on a limb and declare Wines of the best few in the draft - knowing Port will take him at 7.

As much as Big Footy has gone down on the drain of recent, it is still the bench mark for drafting - outside of the AFL scouts, who have more time to put into scouting.

I love it.

Emma Quayle disagrees with your hindsight-based view, so you decide that all of her work is no longer worth it.

And I love how you think 'mainstream' is not what we should be doing. So, if everyone thinks a junior is a gun, we should go somewhere else because why would be want to be mainstream?

Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Bit of both really I suspect. I dont think Trenners was a poor choice as such. Looked the goods early and has essentially, for various reasons, gone backwards. I do think JT was not what we needed.

I think Trengove would have and should have been dropped last year and only the captaincy probably saved him!

• Like 3

In hindsight the Scully Trengove drafting in 2009 promised so much yet has delivered little.

Dustin Martin is the only top 10 pick to have really fired.

In hindsight the Scully Trengove drafting in 2009 promised so much yet has delivered little.

Dustin Martin is the only top 10 pick to have really fired.

That entire draft crop, actually.

Scully.

Trengove.

Gysberts.

Tapscott.

Gawn.

Fitzpatrick.

Haven't got anywhere enough from any of them.

• Like 1

Just adds more weight to the Ollie Wines Drafting fiasco.

Drafting a player that everyone though should go around where he did (or higher) was never going to be, and never will be a fiasco.

Ridiculous hyperbole.

• Like 1

I love it.

Emma Quayle disagrees with your hindsight-based view, so you decide that all of her work is no longer worth it.

And I love how you think 'mainstream' is not what we should be doing. So, if everyone thinks a junior is a gun, we should go somewhere else because why would be want to be mainstream?

Ridiculous.

Mainstream is Scully and Toumpas.

I don't care what Emma disagrees with, she is only relevant to getting the draft order right - the night before the draft, that just takes close contracts.

What I am interested in are people who can identify talent, go out on a limb and assess that talent - how they see it. They don't care how others see it.

Fremantle of recent times are a good example, Hill, Fyfe, Ballantyne, Barlow.. All outfield picks, Hill wasn't expected to go at 3, Barlow was completely overlooked.

I had Martin and WInes coming to MFC, so I don't really care what Emma Quayle thinks the night before the draft.

What the f**k does Schwab have to do with those players?

FFS you are so incredibly misguided in everything you say.

A lot, he was the man in charge and if he didn't directly make the decisions (and it seems he liked to put in his 2 bobs worth), he employed the people who did.

Worth remembering. And even Dustin … not entirely over the line yet.

Agree

That entire draft crop, actually.

Scully.

Trengove.

Gysberts.

Tapscott.

Gawn.

Fitzpatrick.

Haven't got anywhere enough from any of them.

A sad reflection 'Machsy'.

I have posted this before I believe but a friend of mine (a 35 year MFC member) who gives me very good discrete info claims that Wines expected to be drafted by us until virtually the last moment. I only repeat this because it suggests a schemozzle at that time.

I.too heard the very same thing from an exceptional source! Typical MFC

I.too heard the very same thing from an exceptional source! Typical MFC

You seem very happy about it from the number of posts you have made about it. What a [censored].

I have posted this before I believe but a friend of mine (a 35 year MFC member) who gives me very good discrete info claims that Wines expected to be drafted by us until virtually the last moment. I only repeat this because it suggests a schemozzle at that time.

That is not the case i can assure you.

The ridiculousness of this topic all but excludes an understanding of the littany of gun AFL careers that started with very underwhelming first 20 games. Is Toumpas going that much worse than Yze or Trav Johnstone went in their first 15 games

• Like 1