Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I'm told by an Ess insider that the players have been told by ASADA they are essentially in the clear but Robson, Hird and Corcoran are the ones in trouble for governance issues.. Ironically it may mean Bomber Thompson becomes coach,

I'm told by an Ess insider that the players have been told by ASADA they are essentially in the clear but Robson, Hird and Corcoran are the ones in trouble for governance issues.. Ironically it may mean Bomber Thompson becomes coach,

I would think he is the first one for the high jump jnr

He bought them into the club and surely in his role he should have been checking their operation.

They will be fined and that will be it.

Or am I just a cynic.

Guys they are not guilty of anything yet.

My gut tells me they will have no case to answer.

$100 000 fine from the AFL for not paying attention

Neither were we... OD, thats entirely the point!

MFC was fined because of the actions of two of our employees.

Hird aside. Dank was the former sports scientist AT the EFC. Then there are others such as the Weapon, Thompson, Corcoran and possibly Robson. If any are seen to have been aware of or condoned the practises of injecting 'Vitamins' into the essendon playing list ... that is significantly worse than CC and DB did in my eyes.

The actions of Essendon employees warrants a larger fine than what was handed out the MFC, purely due to dragging the AFL into this ASADA investigation.

Edited by Oucher

Neither were we... OD, thats entirely the point!

MFC was fined because of the actions of two of our employees.

Hird aside. Dank was an employee of the football club.

The actions of Essendon employees warrants a larger fee than what was handed out the MFC, purely due to dragging the AFL into this ASADA investigation.

I beg to differ Oucher we were as guilty as sin we negotiated a deal that looks ridiculous to everyone.

If the Essendon players are found to have not taken anything wrong then the only issue is Governance.

Dank has not done anything wrong so how do you penalise someone for not giving the players anything banned.

I beg to differ Oucher we were as guilty as sin we negotiated a deal that looks ridiculous to everyone.

If the Essendon players are found to have not taken anything wrong then the only issue is Governance.

Dank has not done anything wrong so how do you penalise someone for not giving the players anything banned.

Personal views aside OD, and you can beg all you like.

Fact is that the AFL cleared us, therefore we are not guilty.

AFL might 'find' Essendon not guilty also... but the allegations and implications that they have dragged the AFL though is far worse than what we did.

Edited by Oucher

OD, how do read the fact ASADA has not interviewed Hird or the Essendon players yet.?

dc I have maintained from day one that this is based on politics not actual deeds.

They seem to grind slower than democracy

I am not surprised that Essendon has not been interviewed if that is the case.

Unless there is a trail to Essendon how can they prove the players did anything wrong.

But hell mate I know no more than anyone else and probably less than some.

I just get a gut feel that this going nowhere fast.

As I said earlier I don't think the players will be found guilty of anything.

That being the case I don't thing Essendon will be guilty of anything but being stupid.

But I again it is only my gut feel.

Personal views aside OD, and you can beg all you like.

Fact is that the AFL cleared us, therefore we are not guilty.

AFL might 'find' Essendon not guilty also... but the allegations and implications that they have dragged the AFL though is far worse than what we did.

I don't believe you can compare the two issues if you are deciding a penalty.

I guess we will see Oucher.

Just watched the start of 9 news. Things are starting to heat up at Essendon I think. They showed a couple of text messages and whilst not conclusive by any means, very worrying.

Just heard that 7.30 report is going after Hird tonight. Might not be new info but the media release sounds interesting.

MEDIA ALERT

7.30 EXCLUSIVE Thursday, 11 April

ESSENDON COACH DEEPLY INVOLVED IN PLAYER SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM

Essendon coach James Hird worked closely with controversial sports scientist Steve Dank, on the supplements regime implemented at the Essendon Football Club in 2012, according to an exclusive report on tonights 7.30 program.

New information obtained by the program reveals that in the leadup to and during the 2012 season, Hird and Dank worked hand in hand on the supplements regime, in which players were administered a range of substances including some that were injected intravenously.

Reporter Caro Meldrum-Hanna has obtained records that show Hird and Dank repeatedly discussed details of the substances, the timetable for their administration, and the players to whom they were given.

In February, 7.30 aired Danks exclusive interview in which he revealed Essendon coaches and staff were also on their own separate supplements and peptides regime - with some using prohibited drugs.

7.30 is hosted by Leigh Sales and airs on ABC1.

Just watched the start of 9 news. Things are starting to heat up at Essendon I think. They showed a couple of text messages and whilst not conclusive by any means, very worrying.

Those text messages look bad. Wonder who leaked them - maybe someone doesn't want to go down as a scapegoat. Perhaps news limited hacked them.

(As previosuly mentioned I am small and petty and will now add childish..) hehehehehehhehehehhee... (is the sound you hear as ding goes the microwave, the smell of freshly melted butter on the popcorn wafts through the air all over the Demons scarf hung in the kitchen. A man with a moustache is giddly dancing towards the microwave wearing his favourite Dees jumper, No13 on the back for Jacka, as he prepares for a night of highlights on another club..)

I'm sorry but I just can't help it.. please forgive. Carry on.

• Like 2

ha ha! Let it rip.

(As previosuly mentioned I am small and petty and will now add childish..) hehehehehehhehehehhee... (is the sound you hear as ding goes the microwave, the smell of freshly melted butter on the popcorn wafts through the air all over the Demons scarf hung in the kitchen. A man with a moustache is giddly dancing towards the microwave wearing his favourite Dees jumper, No13 on the back for Jacka, as he prepares for a night of highlights on another club..)

I'm sorry but I just can't help it.. please forgive. Carry on.

Lecras back after 3 weeks with a broken arm. Surely Essendon aren't the only club to have (allegedly) dabbled. Mark's team for a good while I'd reckon.

• Like 1

What do they say about lots of blinking indicates someone telling lies..... James blinks a lot.

And isn't it Dank that doesn't blink much at all? What a weird combo. To blink or not to blink.

• Like 2