• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Sounds like you are hinting it could be related to some sinister international drug dealing and smuggling racket. Just my guess.

Please be careful where you're going with this.

Essendon might possibly have received advice that it should not act on Hird's position until the Federal Court matter is finally resolved and with it the question of whether sanctions will be applied to Essendon players and other personnel including even Hird himself.

I think his position as coach is untenable and that the Bomber hierarchy has its hands tied at the moment. It's a sorry state of affairs for any club to be in and thankfully it's not us because it would virtually be our death knell.

• Like 2

. It's a sorry state of affairs for any club to be in and thankfully it's not us because it would virtually be our death knell.

I can hardly tell the difference between that sound and my alarm clock anymore,

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 2

All this makes sense - the final sentence is obvious

Likewise 2014- continue please ..............

Fair's fair 2014.

You owe us more information.................

If you wont tell us what it is - then at least tell how and why it will come out when it hasn't come out already !!

And what effect will it have on the AFL when it does ?

If it is not difficult to draw certain conclusions, then surely you give can us a helpful hint! !!

I have stated as recently as yesterday if you look back on my threads on this topic that I think legal action against Essendon from various stakeholders (including players) will lead to the current Essendon going into liquidation and the liquidator will sell the brand into a new entity, but it will take them years to recover. I also think the penalties from WADA on the players may well be above the mooted 2 years and I think there is every likelihood Hird will get a life ban, and some EFC directors may get jail terms as a result of Workcover investigations which are likely to commence before Xmas. I don't resile from those predictions one iota.

I would have thought these outcomes are pretty substantial. Further investigations are difficult to predict until the wider scandal becomes apparent, but if the information I have is true it will be massive,

• Like 2

Terribly dire predictions for the old EFC.

I hope they can come true very rapidly!

I'd forgotten the bit around the AOD "business", IN reading the article again around this I laughed at this bit:

In a statement Hird said: "These claims are horrifying to me, and are being made by a person or people who appear determined to destroy my reputation. "I just can't wait to get in and talk to ASADA and the AFL and once I've got in and spoken to ASADA and the AFL, I can't wait to clear my name."
Hird has done everything he can to avoid doing just that. What a Hird he is.
  • Like 1

I have stated as recently as yesterday if you look back on my threads on this topic that I think legal action against Essendon from various stakeholders (including players) will lead to the current Essendon going into liquidation and the liquidator will sell the brand into a new entity, but it will take them years to recover. I also think the penalties from WADA on the players may well be above the mooted 2 years and I think there is every likelihood Hird will get a life ban, and some EFC directors may get jail terms as a result of Workcover investigations which are likely to commence before Xmas. I don't resile from those predictions one iota.

I would have thought these outcomes are pretty substantial. Further investigations are difficult to predict until the wider scandal becomes apparent, but if the information I have is true it will be massive,

Very very very substantial outcomes, 2014.

Thankyou for stating them so clearly.

I have long been puzzled by Workcover's silence to date - and agree that they have the power to make the ASADA investigation seem a walk in the park by comparison. If your legal and other sources are Workcover-related, then your predictions certainly do have cred !

Hird and Little might just be wasting ammunition protecting the wrong border against a relatively small enemy!!

• Like 1

Very very very substantial outcomes, 2014.

Thankyou for stating them so clearly.

I have long been puzzled by Workcover's silence to date - and agree that they have the power to make the ASADA investigation seem a walk in the park by comparison. If your legal and other sources are Workcover-related, then your predictions certainly do have cred !

Hird and Little might just be wasting ammunition protecting the wrong border against a relatively small enemy!!

Some of the pieces are coming together! The emerging picture could mean bad bad news for the E/Dopes and could explain the fear in their eyes in the above pic! We are talking fines in the millions of dollars and five year jail terms. Wow!!!

http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch15s12.php

http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch15s12.php

• Like 1

^^

Obligations under the Act

Employer obligations

Under the OHSA 2004 employers must provide and maintain for their employees a safe, risk-free working environment as far as is reasonably practicable (s 21). Employers also owe that duty to independent contractors and the employees of independent contractors, in relation to matters over which the employer has control (s 21(3)).

Employers must also:

monitor employee health;

keep information and records on the health and safety of employees;

employ or engage qualified persons to provide health and safety advice;

monitor workplace conditions; and

inform employees (in appropriate languages) of how, and to whom, a health and safety enquiry or complaint may be made (s 22).

Surely gone big time on the highlighted lines alone.

Just not very bright.

... and the story is not new either ~ http://m.theage.com.au/national/scientist-heads-distribution-network-20130208-2e404.html

If you click on the link "Thymosin" on the Medical Rejuvenation Clinic site -

http://mrcpeptides.com.au/products.php - you are taken straight to TB4 (not the "good" thymosin which some Bombers said they thought they were given). This message is at the bottom of the post on TB4 (also the one on AOD9604):

Professional Athlete

If you are a professional athlete please consult the ASADA or WADA guidelines and your coach, club and/or sporting body before using this peptide.

AFL players have it constantly drummed into them that they're responsible for what goes into their bodies. The promoters of peptides openly tell you what sort of thymosin they recommend and use and the players are claiming they're innocent. They are professional athletes who, as part of their preparation were administered:

(i) an infant formula,

(ii) a cure for cancer, or

(iii) a performance enhancing product.

This is what the much maligned former Essendon player Kyle Reimers said in an early interview with Damien Barrett:-

Reimers: "After a couple of months away from it, it does seem very odd, the type of stuff we were taking."

Barrett: "What was it? What'd it do?"

Reimers: "It's just basically a supplement to increase muscle growth and stimulate the body a lot quicker so it helps recovery because they wanted to put size on us and help with putting on size."

Baby formula? Innocent players? Cancer cure, Tommo (pay the fine,idiot)?

The Essendon Football Club doctor has never been sanctioned for his role in this. Where are the medical authorities and why are they not questioning someone about the maintenance of records for the thousands of injections used in this programme? Where's Work Safe?

The saga still has a way to go ...

• Like 3

Goes beyond the bizarre really doesnt it.

On the one hand we have him denying TB4 ..."oh no it was the other one :rolleyes: "

and then you have him spruiking the advantages of Thyomosin BEta 4 , or as he loves to call it...just Thyomosin ( lol )

"The company’s website promotes the use of Thymosin Beta-4 or TB4 as “a first-in-class drug candidate” that provides a range of benefits including: “Increases lean muscle mass, helps repair tendons and ligaments, increases endurance, angiogenesis (growth of new blood cells from pre-existing vessels) in dermal tissues and decreases inflammation.’’

The “potent peptide’s” healing properties are expanded on further: “TB4 was identified as a gene that was up-regulated four to six-fold during early blood vessel formation and found to promote the growth of new blood cells from the existing vessels,” it says.

The website advertises substances referred to as both Thymosin Beta-4 and Thymosin. There is no mention of Thymomodulin, which some claim was the specific type of Thymosin — not prohibited — that Essendon players were repeatedly injected with during the 2012 season.

Consent forms signed by players say they were to be given a substance referred to as Thymosin."

So which version was it again the Bombers got Steve ???

Guy's got to be a prize fwit !!! Needs to be jailed