• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Essendons is counting on the AFL blinking....and they might.

WADA wont.

art-corruption-620x349.jpg

art-corruption-620x349.jpg

Therein lies a problem ... from what I recall the ACC has the evidence to totally sink EFC and players. ASADA know what it is but they are not allowed to use it in court (can't recall why).

I'm guessing Essendon also know what it is and it has spooked them ...

Cox plate, Melbourne cup, Windy hill stakes.

Check out the form guides for any Essendope players in the field.

Could be worth investing coupla bucks each way!

TB-500 offers many benefits to the equine world in performance racing. Recent trials by some of the world’s leading trainers on their prize winning equine members of both genders, have been credited by a huge boost in their race-day results, something long desired in the racing world.

These trials along with clinical trials have indicated the following benefits associated with the use of TB-500 on mares and stallions*:

• Increased muscle growth with huge increases in endurance and strength noted
  • Relaxed muscle spasm
  • Improved muscle tone
  • Increases the exchange of substance between cells
  • Encourages tissue repair
  • Stretches connective tissue
  • Helps maintain flexibility
  • Reduces inflammation of tissue in joint
  • Enhances nutritional components in the animal
  • Prevents the formation of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons and ligaments.

When these proven benefits are viewed in conjunction with the fact that 60% of a horse’s body weight is muscle, it is clear to see the full potential of TB500can be reveled in by majority of the horse’s body.

Therein lies a problem ... from what I recall the ACC has the evidence to totally sink EFC and players. ASADA know what it is but they are not allowed to use it in court (can't recall why).

Yes, but they can use it in the AFL tribunal who will initially rule (probably lightly).

Then WADA will take it to the CAS where it also can be used.

Essendon are stuffed. It is getting to the point where they are running out of options to hide.

• Like 2

I'm guessing Essendon also know what it is and it has spooked them ...

Lucifer just out of curiosity where did you read about ASADA being unable to use the ACC evidence? I had not heard that before.

Lucifer just out of curiosity where did you read about ASADA being unable to use the ACC evidence? I had not heard that before.

I cant remember where or much of the detail, felix as it was quite early in the piece. The gist was that ACC has far reaching powers and can collect info from any source (eg bikkie gangs) via unusual means (eg phone taps), seizing computers and records, raids, commanding phone records etc but apparently there are strict controls on how that info can be used and how/when it can be shared with other gov't agencies. Edit: forgot to mention-I think ACC interviewed Danks very early in the process so have collected more 'facts'.

Other DL's may be able to confirm (or otherwise) via there general/professional knowledge etc. Dees2014 seems well informed on ASADA/Ess subject so he might also be able to add to the info sharing thing.

ps big fan of felix the cat felixthecat4.jpg

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 3

Latest update:

Essendon supplements saga: McDevitt says Essendon players 'have a case to answer'

Sounding pretty ominous. They know what they're doing.

Sounds ominous until you reach the final paragraph which I presume reflects John Pierik's understanding of the sanctions any players are likely to receive if found guilty:-

If suspensions are handed out, it's likely players will miss at least the opening month of next season.

My starting point would be the opening half of next season and even that is likely to be regarded as lenient by ASADA or WADA. Not only that, there's every risk that leniency towards the players might give rise to pressure for team penalties that could lead to the ousting of Essendon from the competition altogether for a period of time. I don't think the AFL or the sport needs that at this particular time.
  • Like 2

Latest update:

Essendon supplements saga: McDevitt says Essendon players 'have a case to answer'

Sounding pretty ominous. They know what they're doing.

" likely to miss at least the opening month of next season "

They must be as terrified as Vladimir Putin is of T. Abbot if that's all it's going to be.

Sounds ominous until you reach the final paragraph which I presume reflects John Pierik's understanding of the sanctions any players are likely to receive if found guilty:-

My starting point would be the opening half of next season and even that is likely to be regarded as lenient by ASADA or WADA. Not only that, there's every risk that leniency towards the players might give rise to pressure for team penalties that could lead to the ousting of Essendon from the competition altogether for a period of time. I don't think the AFL or the sport needs that at this particular time.

Now you are talking my language.

• Like 1

They must be as terrified as Vladimir Putin is of T. Abbot if that's all it's going to be.

If that is the extent of the likely penalty, why in blazes have they been dragging the team through the mire for so long? They just need to respond claiming innocence and then when penalized piously say "don't accept we were guilty, but the best course for our players, supporters and the AFL is to take it on the chin and move on".

If that is the extent of the likely penalty, why in blazes have they been dragging the team through the mire for so long? They just need to respond claiming innocence and then when penalized piously say "don't accept we were guilty, but the best course for our players, supporters and the AFL is to take it on the chin and move on".

Because a golden boy idol threw his mate, David Evans, under a big bus to try and save his own skin. Evans would have had it all wrapped up at end 2013 and would have accepted club ousted from the finals, coach suspended, club fined $$ and draft picks without much ado. Had it run its course players would have missed a few games in Aug/Sept 2013, preseason 2014 and (maybe a few in season 2014 games).

Now ASADA/WADA will try and throw the book at them (we hope). Irony: James Hird did not save his own skin!!!! Fool!!!!

• Like 1

Let's face it. They're AFL footballers, not Chinese swimmers or Bulgarian weightlifters. They deserve to be treated with a little more respect and leniency.

Don't they?

Because a golden boy idol threw his mate, David Evans, under a big bus to try and save his own skin. Evans would have had it all wrapped up at end 2013 and would have accepted club ousted from the finals, coach suspended, club fined $$ and draft picks without much ado. Had it run its course players would have missed a few games in Aug/Sept 2013, preseason 2014 and (maybe a few in season 2014 games).

Now ASADA/WADA will try and throw the book at them (we hope). Irony: James Hird did not save his own skin!!!! Fool!!!!

spot on. They missed the finals any way. If they had gone the smart way they would have clipped the goverance fine but the missing out of finals might well have been a penalty for the drug use. This would have appeased wada and the public as missing finals is seen as big deal.if they had brokered a deal they may have got away with no finals or preseason and back on deck round one. The whole thing about the concern players would be labelled drug cheats is a furphy, with most in the public believing they were duped. In any case they still might wear that label. The other thing is that, by not taking the path of least resistance they have effectively imposed their own penalty on the club and players with all the stress, impact on on performance last year, ongoing chaos, damage to brand - not to mention the impact on their capacity to trade in players given few players would want to voluntarily join a club in such turmoil and uncertainty.

• Like 1

Keep in mind fanboy Pierek in reality knows jack shlt. A few of his ilk are reinventing their prose to seem legit.

I can see no way that the players could get away with under a year...and that from their hearing date. All delays are the cause of the club or players reps. No discount for that.

Let's face it. They're AFL footballers, not Chinese swimmers or Bulgarian weightlifters. They deserve to be treated with a little more respect and leniency.

Don't they?

Short Answer No.

They tried to gain an advantage with multiple injections of an alleged banned substance. Substance aside having weekly injection for a sustained period of time during the season itself is cause for atomic alarm bells. I have little respect for them and I will leave the leniency for the AFL, ASADA and WADA.

If it was tongue in cheek then :)

• Like 2

Don't they?

Why...are they special ? Im sure the thousands od other sportspeople and athletes dont reckon so.

Maybe it THEY who need to be more respectful. ..of the rules and their obligations ?

• Like 1

Don't they?

Ha ha that is glorious. Great sense of humour!

Don't they?

Not at all as it appears they had an illegal substances program in a sport I actually care about.

They should all get life bans and the Club should be erased from the AFL forever IMO.

o-PRISON-CELL-facebook.jpg