Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

If Prenderghastly really believes what he told the Senate today then why the hell hasn't the AFLPA started taking on the EFC?:

"Compare the situation at Essendon to what would happen with workers in another industry, say the construction industry, where construction workers were exposed to asbestos through the lies of their employer," the former Carlton player told the inquiry.

• Like 2

The head of the AFLPA has been reported in the age as saying the players are like workers who were exposed to asbestos by their employer.

Do they inject asbestos in your stomach now for 6 months and ask you to sign waivers?

• Like 2

The head of the AFLPA has been reported in the age as saying the players are like workers who were exposed to asbestos by their employer.

Ya see, otherwise seemingly intelligent people can sometimes just be dumb $#@!* :huh:

Wow, each Notice contains 350 pages of summary of evidence.

apparently if you just take the 4th letter in 5 lines down from each of the first 13 pages ...

y

o

u

r

e

s

c

r

e

w

e

d

:o

• Like 1

Wow, each Notice contains 350 pages of summary of evidence.

I read somewhere that only 60 pages are particular to each individual player. Only 60....

Edited by sue

Well they wanted to see the evidence 'Redleg'.

SNAP!

It might take some of the players 10 days to read the 350 pages of evidence.

From the AFL site.

"Each document runs approximately 350 pages, ASADA saying it's distributed 12,000 pages of evidence in total."

Edited by ManDee

Wow, AFLPA rep likens Dons players to asbestos victims, he wouldn't be trying to cover his own a## would he?

Bizzaro stuff from the association of the toothless and useless!

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/bombers-deserve-better-inquiry-told-20141017-3i90a.html

Yeah because asbestos victims sign a consent form, have dozens of hours of education and get sent across the road to a dodgy clinic for thosands of injection. And then plead innicence.

Yeah I get the comparison... FMD. he must think the world are muppets.

• Like 5

Well they wanted to see the evidence 'Redleg'.

Yep, careful what you wish for ??? :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the measured responses.

It's difficult for me to digest a lot of what my club has done over the past couple of years.

As I have said all along, I'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

Hi Ash. I warned you about coming to this thread.

The bad news is that the standard of proof required under the WADA Code is likely to not only be satisfied in this case based on most of what I have read (and the Bringinshaw test applies to allow such a conclusion to be reached). If the players don't provide adequate explanations infraction notices will follow and the players face up to 2 years' suspension from playing.

The good news is the the ASADA boss likes making deals and if he's as amenable with these players as he was with the NRL players (and the circumstances were somewhat different), you can expect a fair amount of leniency in terms of discounts with the negotiated deals. And because of the passing of time and the number of players who have retired or been delisted (and the Bombers have barely started that process for 2014) you might have only a dozen or so players left under sanction. I think they will miss half a season but they might get lucky and go for less. Life will go on - it might be without Hird, Reid and Little but nobody's going to allow Essendon to die just yet.

However, there's every chance that the reputation of Australia as a great sporting nation will take a hammering as a result of light sanctions against the players.

WJ...only 2 players seem to want to REALLY make a deal, the other are being represented by a "we'll fight on regardless" bunch of dunderheads..

pass the pop corn

Is today day 1 and does the weekend count in the 10 days?

Edited by DemonFrog

I cannot believe Ian Prendergast made the comment about comparing players to construction workers exposed to asbestos. Is he for real. The essendon players had a choice weather to get injected or not, those poor didnt have a clue what they were exposed to. When they rocked up to work they didnt know asbestos was going into there lungs. What a tool.

• Like 3

Interesting sideline. In the Sun they said the AFL Anti Doping Tribunal hearing the cases, will be chaired by David Grace QC. Doubt it, he is the players' Counsel.

I saw that too...good thought I had it wrong