Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

and from Danks....... the Sound of Silence !!

No offence - but what the .......? You could be the Hun chief footy writer with that sort of logic.

If you go back through the post you will find I was questioned about jumping to conclusions that the EFC had records about their doping program and that they had destroyed them.

From that point I sarcastically make references to knowing the answer with-out showing all the workings. Hence 2+2=4.

Gladly accept the role at the Hun, but would have to reduce my standards even further. Maybe i could type left handed with my eyes closed.

Or are you being ironic and I missed it?

I also went to school with kids who were victims of the thalidemide drug defects so i have a special interest in this case.

Essendon Hird & Dank better be dam sure at least one of them knows what went into the players because if there are genetic complications out of all this.

Bang!! They are royally screwed.

You may think that the two posters who cant differentiate between the Angel of Death and EFC dont know the facts.

Unfortunately I think they do and dont give a toss.

The weezel and WYL will never change their thinking from facts being presented.

Just like your Mitch Clark rants yesterday hey Franky....

Tanya is looking long in the face.you have no idea the hardships they have had to endure whilst poor Jim has been stood down on full pay.

• Like 1

can we get back to fantasizing about how screwed Essendon are because they cheated please?

Yes.

What penalty should they get?

It isnt.

The original post...............................................

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

Latest AFL Tweet:

2ebc59d89bf316d5519aedf5989b6043_normal.AFL @AFL

The AFL has charged Essendon FC, James Hird, Bruce Reid, Danny Corcoran and Mark Thompson in relation to 2011/12 supplements program

Unless I am mistaken the supplements program according to Switkowski..

"abnormal level of activity in the supplements program created:.. a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment

So I say it is about human experimentation by the EFC

For what its worth my heritage is partly Russian Jew

You can desist with your self righteous history lessons thankyou.

Essendon have no idea what side effects or permanent harm they have committed.

For what its worth my heritage is partly Russian [censored]

well they couldn't could they........i mean there were never any records were there.....................hmmmmm

For what its worth my heritage is partly Russian [censored]

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Nobody believes that the EFC set out to harm their players. But their actions may inadvertently do much damage.

This is very different to your earlier analogy which I again ask you to retract.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Nobody believes that the EFC set out to harm their players. But their actions may inadvertently do much damage.

This is very different to your earlier analogy which I again ask you to retract.

youll be waiting a hell of a long time

Those who might think Im playing heavy handed might just want to consider the actual actions of essendon

They set out deliberately to EXPERIMENT with drugs more commonly used on non humans and known to be banned for human use ( whether they cop to acknowledging it or not )

They didnt and still dont know what outcomes good or bad or what longer term harm , indeed danger players given into their care may incur.

Thats heinous. Its actually beyond comprehension in this day and age in these circumstances that they could set out on this course.

To say they didnt set out to harm is somewhat incredulous Im afraid for they had no idea of outcomes so they were /are in no position to guarantee anyones safety or health. That is grossly negligent. I would imagine that its only a mm away from actually being criminal.

These people ought to be in jail...not just slapped on the wrists or banned from sport.

youll be waiting a hell of a long time

No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back.

Turkish Proverb

A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.

John C. Maxwell

All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.

Winston Churchill

I am prepared to wait are you prepared to think?ManDee.

Edited by ManDee

Those who might think Im playing heavy handed might just want to consider the actual actions of essendon

They set out deliberately to EXPERIMENT with drugs more commonly used on non humans and known to be banned for human use ( whether they cop to acknowledging it or not )

They didnt and still dont know what outcomes good or bad or what longer term harm , indeed danger players given into their care may incur.

Thats heinous. Its actually beyond comprehension in this day and age in these circumstances that they could set out on this course.

To say they didnt set out to harm is somewhat incredulous Im afraid for they had no idea of outcomes so they were /are in no position to guarantee anyones safety or health. That is grossly negligent. I would imagine that its only a mm away from actually being criminal.

These people ought to be in jail...not just slapped on the wrists or banned from sport.

I'm in sympathy with all the above. It still not analogous with the criminally evil.

• Like 2

There is a definitive scale of evil.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129175964

Columbia University professor Michael Stone knows evil. He's a forensic psychologist — the type of expert that provides testimony on the mental state of accused murderers when a declaration of insanity can mean the difference between life and death row.

Inspired by the structure of Dante's circles of hell, Stone has created his own 22-point "Gradations of Evil" scale, made up of murderers in the 20th century.

PS: Essendon are not there.

Edited by ManDee

I'm not quite sure people are really getting this. The only real rule of law here is the WADA code, policed by ASADA and applied by those who are signatories to it (AFL in this case). Abbott, Essendon, Hird or anyone else with a vested interest can think what they want, but at the end of the day, it's irrelevant.

In the Contador case (Clenbuterol), the Spanish Prime Minister came out and said that he was sure Contador was innocent, and he was then cleared by the Spanish cycling Federation (surprise surprise).

At which point WADA stepped in, appealed to CAS, and after a hearing he was banned.

I have been very much of that view all along, but i see worrying siGns. For instance, I think the federal court judge is in there to inspect the evidence and then wind up the investigation "because of lack of evidence". WADA can then appeal but at the end of the day it relies on evidence gathered by its local affiliate, in this case ASADA. IF ASADA is nobbled, and starved of funds, then it will not have the resources to finish the investigation, and the "not enough evidence" finding will be technically correct.

That I believe is the game being played here. It is dirty pool, but it is not the first time that has happened in Canberra.

• Like 1

IF ASADA is nobbled, and starved of funds, then it will not have the resources to finish the investigation, and the "not enough evidence" finding will be technically correct.

"All the evidence that ASADA needs to collect has been collected and the people they need to speak to have been spoken to ..."

Catching up on The Footy Show's "Bomber" Thompson interview, I couldn't help but wonder about his demeanour -

Anyone else think this is what the Bombers should be expecting from their coach after a year under fire over drug use?

Perhaps the entire crew were a little tired and emotional after a stressful off season?

The sympathy card might stir up some feeling with the masses but it's a massive deception.

The more I think about the playing of the sympathy card for the Essendon players, the more it riles me.

Let's take a different tack on the subject and reprise the Wade Lees case - VFL player Wade Lees cops 18-month ban for importing performance-enhancing drugs.

One of the arguments made for Lees was that, as a VFL player who received no education on how to deal with supplements and any other substances which might lead a sportsperson to be charged with anti doping violations, he deserved some consideration.

Lees said he bought the product from overseas to save costs, with the aim to lower his skinfolds to better compete with AFL midfielders in the VFL.

He said the VFL's drug education program was sub-standard.

"If the education was up to scratch all these incidents, like mine and Travis Casserly and Matt Clark wouldn't happen," he said.

His plea fell on deaf ears.

Now consider Lees' AFL counterparts at Essendon who, like all AFL players receive regular advice and education on drug use.

Confronted with waiver forms that detail a number of supplements that don't sound like your regular vitamins to me, their education should have alerted them to the potential peril they were facing.

Did not one of them take the trouble to check the nature of the substances they were taking?

That some of those things had not yet been tested for human consumption or that some were human growth hormones?

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for these clowns - they deserve what should be coming to them and any whitewash by officialdom of this sordid affair would be absolutely reprehensible and an insult to those athletes and officials worldwide who strive to keep the sport clean.

• Like 2