• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

For starters, the story has just broken......she has already condemned Hird for claiming he did not know and she is right.

I love it when people make judgements about journalists being even handed and report the facts when those people are not in possession of any of the actual facts themselves.

FWIW, in the short time available I think its a great starting article. And despite all the lynch mob bile thrown at her, I enjoy reading her articles.

I expect this will be the start of further articles on this subject. The drama has only just commenced.

I'm sure she still has her "Fan boys", just as he does.

• Like 1

Hird looked shell shocked at the presser, understandably. To me he looked like a man who was just finding out about this. Agree that ignorance is no excuse, but that was my reading of it.

Just like someone who has been caught out doing something he shouldn't, someone whose reputation is on the line, someone who wishes he had of stuck to business and wishes he wasn't lying when he said he didn't want to coach.

• Like 1

If ASADA decide to go Essendon the way they went Lees...

.then they are beyond screwed and the 3 strike farce will seem like kindy !!!

If Vlad hasnt 'donned' his brown cords yet, now is a good time !!lol

Awesome, our first win for the year! My mate says if they are proven guilty etc he is coming on over to Melbourne.

Who knows: either complicit, or incompetent as a coach and leader. Has to be one or the other.

And I ask again, has Jimmy's puppeteer, Thompson, been seen in the last few days?

He'd definitely be one I'd be looking at considering his previous ties to the Weapon. If only AFL 360 was on during the off-season. Robbo questioning Bomber on this = good times.

So can someone with a bit of knowledge take a stab at what will happen if they have done it. Say 30 players?

Will Essendon be able to field a side?

Where will they get players from?

These kinds of questions.

I really hope it's not the case but I'm just interested in the hypothetical

anyone else think that McVeigh's comments were a good sign from a ex leader at their club? Would have loved Jr, Robbo or Bruce to come ou and say "Brock is a digrntled ex player who is talking smack"......

Just like someone who has been caught out doing something he shouldn't, someone whose reputation is on the line, someone who wishes he had of stuck to business and wishes he wasn't lying when he said he didn't want to coach.

I've always disliked Hird-mostly because he was a goody two shoes ,intelligent ,and an elite player .

A bit like Lance Armstrong ,something was always missing.I dunno ,some warmth ,some humanity .

He didn't want the job ,he ducked it ,and he seems to be intent on taking short cuts to rebuild .

We need sustained disaster at Tulllamarine before we get ahead of ourselves .

I suggest we enjoy it while we can and concentrate on ou own positives

A few hundred more pages and then we should close the thread .

• Like 5

I've always disliked Hird-mostly because he was a goody two shoes ,intelligent ,and an elite player .

A bit like Lance Armstrong ,something was always missing.I dunno ,some warmth ,some humanity .

He didn't want the job ,he ducked it ,and he seems to be intent on taking short cuts to rebuild .

A lovely compassionate comment Biffo. You are a generous man. I see no need to close the thread after " a few hundred pages" . We should enjoy their pain forever.

• Like 1

I always thought of Judd when I see Armstrong.?

It almost makes you think that all this 3 strikes biz is just a masking agent for something more sinister.

patrick Smith wrote about it in the Australian this morning.

If correct the 3 strike system is a complete waste of time.

Vlad's term in office is certainly turning into a Situation comedy.

I believe the 3 strike policy relates to illicit drugs and not doping. The doping rule is first strike could be up to 2 years suspension.

Source

Footy Classified tomorrow night 9.30pm

"A special Footy Classified as they investigate the drugs probe surrounding the Essendon football club"

Garry, Barrett, Kero and Lloyd.

"A special Footy Classified as they investigate the drugs probe surrounding the Essendon football club"

lloyd! hahaha

• Like 1

On Footy Classified tomorrow night (thursday). Obviously about essendon but it will be Caro v Lloyd. Im assuming he will front up for the first show. If only Grant Thomas was there as well.

Im assuming Hutchy wont be there as he is in the states but Damo will probably fill in which will make it more interesting.

Anyway not sure if we will be spoken about or not.

Ah, the Bunson Burner is back.

lloydy lloydy, this will be good.

• Like 1

I have waited 13yrs for some justice after that GF loss in 2000!

Finally to see the scum on the front & back pages of the paper!

It makes our tanking allegations seem like nothing!

I hope they get stripped of draft picks, fines,coaches & footy dept banned from football!

Edited by dees64
  • Like 2

800-1000 pages are mandatory these days........more, the merrier

Reading Bomber Blitz - absolute gold. Like reading demonland when Carro was going off at the start of the tanking saga

My fav quote so far;

FAAARK I hate this talk back [censored]. I want to brutally stab all the callers I've heard on 3AW in the face with a cello.

I also want Gerard Healy to suffer the same horrifically painful acid attack that Caroline Wilson experienced in your younger years. Unfortunately couldn't identify the culprit to reward him, being the 17th century and all. c***.

The best thing Al Qaeda could do right now is suicide bomb the 3AW team on air. They'd automatically have 40,000 Essendon members as sympathizers.

or;

Shutdown. I just got on AW to to discuss my sadness of media reporting, and the general automatic assumption of guilt by Essendon, and I think I got about 3 words in before they talked over the top of me and shut me down.

I was going to reference carro but didnt get another word in

hahah!

fairly reserved coming from Windy Hill i assure you DWA!! :)
  • Like 1

I believe the 3 strike policy relates to illicit drugs and not doping. The doping rule is first strike could be up to 2 years suspension.

Source

they're all naturally dopes down that way, they won't register.

Topsy Turvy over at the Hanger, with Robson doin' the merry go round. verdy stressfull

• Like 1

Source

club doctor can still say any player is "unfit" to play to stop random test if they are borderline.

Players missed games last year for unknown reasons.