Who has to go - including football staff?

Soidee

It's not personal but the new coach must bring in some assistants who have street cred with our soft playing list. Our current assistants other than Old man Royal are who? I cannot even remember half their names or if they have played at the highest level.

This [censored] club needs to hire some serious successful assistants who have played in finals from Sydney, Geelong , and wherever else that will bring some cred to this club.

As for old man Royal - time to move on Brian and get a new life.

• Like 1

It's not personal but the new coach must bring in some assistants who have street cred with our soft playing list. Our current assistants other than Old man Royal are who? I cannot even remember half their names or if they have played at the highest level.

This [censored] club needs to hire some serious successful assistants who have played in finals from Sydney, Geelong , and wherever else that will bring some cred to this club.

You mean like Leigh Brown the premiership winning forward from Collingwood.....oh that's right he's already the forward coach....love a good laugh in the afternoon thanks....glad it's Peter Jackson in charge and not you.......and street cred......it's footy not X Factor.....Red Phooey must be influencing you too much

Edited by Satyriconhome

You mean like Leigh Brown the premiership winning forward from Collingwood.....oh that's right he's already the forward coach....love a good laugh in the afternoon thanks....glad it's Peter Jackson in charge and not you.......and street cred......it's footy not X Factor.....Red Phooey must be influencing you too much

What is wrong with Leigh Brown? I don't think we have a problem with our forward line. It's more keeping the forwards on the paddock and delivering some decent inside 50's.

Fair enough he may not be there next year with a new head coach picking his assistants, but you can't knock the bloke.

Whereas with Royal, he just can't seem to find a way to tune that midfield right. Is it old age? is the game to fast for him now? Yes he was an absolute gun midfielder for Footscray back in the day. But I just think we need a fresh perspective after 4 years of Royal.

Edited by alias275

Why not Todd Viney as the Midfield coach? With our parlous situation, maybe it is time to introduce multi-skilling or using some of our Football Depatment in positions where they actually have had some real-life experience! He didn't do a bad job in raising his own son and turning him into a gun midfielder!

• Like 1

Why not Todd Viney as the Midfield coach? With our parlous situation, maybe it is time to introduce multi-skilling or using some of our Football Depatment in positions where they actually have had some real-life experience! He didn't do a bad job in raising his own son and turning him into a gun midfielder!

His son isn't a gun midfielder yet, but does play with more heart than most of our boys. I don't think Todd will want to coach his own son. I'm happy for him to take on any role at the club as he's highly qualified but I just would like to know what exactly he does/has been doing.

We've turned over our recruiting staff.

I bet some of our assistants probably aren't so bad but it's hard to judge which ones. Aaron Greaves seems to be on the ball just by the look of him.

We need

1. Senior coach

2. GM football

3. List management experience from one or both of the above people

4. Some assistant coaches

5. A change in our fitness staff, probably not Misson gone at this stage but at least some fresh ideas/knowledge

Why try to open up a hornets nest?

These people are working for us & there is weeeks left in the season.

We don't want to continue to insult & hurt the people who are doing for us right now... we do not need assistants taking any sort of bad blood which could hurt us re the draft,,,, past,,, &/or future. (2013)

& the resigning of players who are off contract at the moment !!!

Let It GO! soidee.

Brian Royal is the obvious one. There isn't a single coaching portfolio he hasn't stuffed up since he came to the club. If they absolutely musty retain him it should be in an administrative role.

I have no problem with Brown looking after the forwards. I think he's a good choice for the role.

Rawlings I'm not sold on. He seems to do ok and the players like him, but he's not Wellman.

• Like 2

Why try to open up a hornets nest?

These people are working for us & there is weeeks left in the season.

We don't want to continue to insult & hurt the people who are doing for us right now... we do not need assistants taking any sort of bad blood which could hurt us re the draft,,,, past,,, &/or future. (2013)

& the resigning of players who are off contract at the moment !!!

Let It GO! soidee.

Totally agree with you mate, to me the major players have paid the price and of course there will be more changes but these guys have been doing their best for the club. It's not their fault the correct structures and environment were not in place for them to be more effective.

Todd blessed Jack with biologically advanced genetics. It is blasphemous to attribute Jacks will for the contest on learned behavior.

Todd needs to put up and spreas his seed for future F/S picks

Edited by chookrat

Whats our biggest problem, the midfield.

Who coaches and I use the term very loosely, the midfield Royal

When our back line was crapola Royal was coach and suprise, suprise our midfield is crapola and who's the coach Royal.

If u can't already guess from the above Royal needs to go, should have gone yrs ago.

• Like 2

IMO the Club needs a Senior Coach before any more culling is done.

Personal I was happy with the sacking of Mark Neeld, Cameron Schwab and the standing down of about half the board.

• Like 1

I reckon it's time for Cameron Schwab to go. Surely, he's had his day?

But CS has the master plan.

First we lose nearly all of our games.

Second , we get all the gun picks

Third, sustained ultimate success.

Part one has been done very thoroughly.

Part two not so good.

Part three is on the back burner.

I have yet to see a plausible or knowledgeable assessment of the role, function or performance of an assistant coach. The metrics used by posters to judge these persons individually does little to hide they have little knowledge of the interplay and functioning of the FD. Only with access to the FD can you make assessments with any firm basis. Otherwise you are playing darts with a blindfold on.

Given there is a going to be a new Head of the FD and a new Coach, it is quite likely that there could be a further clean out of FD staff

Whats our biggest problem, the midfield.

Who coaches and I use the term very loosely, the midfield Royal

When our back line was crapola Royal was coach and suprise, suprise our midfield is crapola and who's the coach Royal.

If u can't already guess from the above Royal needs to go, should have gone yrs ago.

Leigh Matthews has stated that 90% of his success was the cattle at his disposal.

Think about what gems have we got in the midfield. Saying its 3rd world would be overstating it.

Look, I dont know if Royal can coach or not. But its clear neither you nor any other "expert" in this area have any better clue.

And its probably less in that I recognise the bleeding obvious about the talent at our disposal.

• Like 2

If it were up to me i'd be showing Royal the door, PJ seems to have things under control at board level,

I was told last year that Mission and Neeld had a program in place that might leave some of the players sore and not 100% until next year to try and lift the fitness back to AFL standard, if that's the case he really will get judged next year.

Our midfield is our biggest issue.

Our midfield coach is the first one to go.

Chicken or egg .. we haven't got much of a midfield to coach.. not sure if anyone could do much better .. at the end of the day, the new coach will decide these things

Leigh Matthews has stated that 90% of his success was the cattle at his disposal.

Think about what gems have we got in the midfield. Saying its 3rd world would be overstating it.

Look, I dont know if Royal can coach or not. But its clear neither you nor any other "expert" in this area have any better clue.

And its probably less in that I recognise the bleeding obvious about the talent at our disposal.

RR you just insulted a couple of billion people

Chicken or egg .. we haven't got much of a midfield to coach.. not sure if anyone could do much better .. at the end of the day, the new coach will decide these things

The egg came first. That's simple logic.

In this case, the egg in question is Brian Royal who has stuffed up every coaching appointment we've given him.