We could lose Jesse Hogan

DeeZee

Whatever happened to that guy? A year ago his posts were everywhere.

Morphs into different accounts, I think he might have resurfaced again with this Machiavalli character.

Jack Martin signs contract extension and Jesse Hogan doesn't so Hogan must be gone. Isn't the Human brain amazing in how it can make logic jumps like that?

When Hogan's contract expires in two years from now he'll have a nice Melbourne local girlfriend, will be living with a couple of his best mates that he'll have been playing footy with for 3 years, and will have had a taste of the absolute worship that will come with being a star footballer. Even if he's homesick now, if he still is by late 2015 I'll be staggered.

Spot on, isn't he living with the Viney's and Toumpas? There is our core for the future, already living together which can only be positive.

He is signed until 2015.

And his agent not negotiating, if that is the case, is just another case, like Watts, of an agent doing his due diligence and protecting his client.

Billy2803 is a poster here and he has said that if we hire an inexperienced coach he won't support the club anymore.

But we expect our employees stuck in limbo to show ultimate loyalty?

Make some good additions to the FD and hire a proven coach and we will keep these players.

Note: I do not mention billy to ridicule, only to point out our expectations and our hypocrisy.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

close the thread :mellow:

Oh my god .... I just walked past a cafe and saw Hogan having a coffee with Kevin Sheedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (everyone panic)

......not, you can close the thread now

Edited by Young Dee

He is signed until 2015.

And his agent not negotiating, if that is the case, is just another case, like Watts, of an agent doing his due diligence and protecting his client.

Billy2803 is a poster here and he has said that if we hire an inexperienced coach he won't support the club anymore.

But we expect our employees stuck in limbo to show ultimate loyalty?

Make some good additions to the FD and hire a proven coach and we will keep these players.

Note: I do not mention billy to ridicule, only to point out our expectations and our hypocracy.

Didn't I say that about Dean Laidley?

Of the millions of posts that get posted on here, you picked mine for your example? GFYRPFC.

He and his manager are smart. Imagine if he pulled a Cameron, and nearly won the Coleman in his second year? Suddenly we'd be looking at giving him the biggest contract of anyone on our list.

Would be stupid of him to sign a long term contract before he has even played in the AFL.

• Like 1

Your right im probably just paranoid

Not paranoid mate - the skies not falling but being able to hang onto him, especially if he is half the player he is being talked up to be - is a real concern for us over the next season or so. Anyone who doesn't think it is a risk are just playing the ostrich.

• Like 1

Didn't I say that about Dean Laidley?

Of the millions of posts that get posted on here, you picked mine for your example? GFYRPFC.

Jeez, cool down Billy.

The point is that we have an expectation of players that are out of line.

Trengove re-signing in 2011 was a show of faith wholly outside of what this club deserves.

Not paranoid mate - the skies not falling but being able to hang onto him, especially if he is half the player he is being talked up to be - is a real concern for us over the next season or so. Anyone who doesn't think it is a risk are just playing the ostrich.

It's a risk and one the club must manage, but for mine it's not one worth raising a sweat over as a supporter. If we worry over every possible scenario that could happen over the next few years, we will never sleep again.

• Like 1

Jeez, cool down Billy.

The point is that we have an expectation of players that are out of line.

Trengove re-signing in 2011 was a show of faith wholly outside of what this club deserves.

What has that got to do with my reaction should we hire an inexperienced coach? I think my expectations of the club and players are quite realistic, but your post paints a different picture, in a thread that it doesn't belong.

We have one last chance of getting this right. We can't expect a rookie coach (or Dean Laidley) to sell this "hope" that I need, that Old Dee and WYL need, and that PJ talks about. We need the best coach available THAT HAS EXPERIENCE. If we hire an inexperienced coach and I no longer support the club, all I am doing is saying my goodbyes before the life support is switched off. Some may want to hang around to watch the power go out, I don't think it will be the best thing for me to do that. It already feels like the club is palliative.

FWIW - I totally agree with Hogan wanting to get a senior game first before looking at extensions. I'd raise my eyebrows if the Club demanded it. Can't really see how offering a 0 game player a 5 year deal, especially given that I'm not sure if the MFC itself has a 5 year contract.

It's a risk and one the club must manage, but for mine it's not one worth raising a sweat over as a supporter. If we worry over every possible scenario that could happen over the next few years, we will never sleep again.

I'm starting to get paranoid about not getting paranoid ( looks over left shoulder rather quickly)

• Like 1

were getting ahead of ourselves here

shouldn't we wait until he drops marks

gets shifted to the back pocket

shows no desire to continue playing football

waits to sign a new contract until after a new coach is contracted

tells us hes under to much pressure re draft position

looks sternly at coach during 3quarter time

tweets himself having coffee in brizzy

doesn't chase

shrugs shoulders

makes a statement ;I want to be a one club player;

then and only then we need to panic

and discuss what we can get in a trade

What has that got to do with my reaction should we hire an inexperienced coach? I think my expectations of the club and players are quite realistic, but your post paints a different picture, in a thread that it doesn't belong.

We have one last chance of getting this right. We can't expect a rookie coach (or Dean Laidley) to sell this "hope" that I need, that Old Dee and WYL need, and that PJ talks about. We need the best coach available THAT HAS EXPERIENCE. If we hire an inexperienced coach and I no longer support the club, all I am doing is saying my goodbyes before the life support is switched off. Some may want to hang around to watch the power go out, I don't think it will be the best thing for me to do that. It already feels like the club is palliative.

FWIW - I totally agree with Hogan wanting to get a senior game first before looking at extensions. I'd raise my eyebrows if the Club demanded it. Can't really see how offering a 0 game player a 5 year deal, especially given that I'm not sure if the MFC itself has a 5 year contract.

99% correct billy on almost all counts.

Not sure I can speak for wyl but in my case I don't need it as I will buy a membership next year ( because I am too stupid to stop ) but IMO there are thousands of members and sponsors who need that hope.

• Like 1

Have we offered him a contract extension - maybe. I'm sure we would've at least discussed it.

But it's not really an issue.

And his homesickness is likely real but again it's not a huge problem right now. We've deliberately managed him and given him plenty of trips home to Perth so he stays healthy and fresh mentally and physically. I fully expect as he starts playing games over the next 2 seasons he'll get more of a sense of pride for the jumper. Plus he'll keep making new friends and settling in.

Every club has had guys who are completely homesick early and then once they settle in can't imagine ever leaving.

The most important thing we can do for Hogan is turn up next year and cheer when he does something good and not be too hard on him if he struggles to adapt to AFL level straight away.

This is Demonland......We reserve the right to bag the crap out of him.....Trade him......Delist him......If he is not a match winner in his first game........Master.....What were you thinking.....

guarentee there will be a sack jesse hogan thread next year, it's just how this place works.

WE COULD START ONE NOW

and that's the problem with our club, were to slow off the mark

• Like 4

Not worried one bit. By the time his contract is up, we should be on our way up the ladder. Because if we ain't, can't blame the kid for leaving.

So again, not worried. Was more Happy to read Misson's comment on Clarky

Misson also said "Mitch Clark has resumed running with the rehabilitation group as he begins his preparation to be ready for 2014"

• Like 2

Well, I believe there is a correlation; the correlation being that our support is contingent, and we should not damn employees for their continued desire to be at the club being contingent.

I never damned your position - I agree with the premise in fact: we need to hire an experienced coach (and one that isn't Laidley and sells some level of hope).

There are a few supporters who have turned on Watts because he will not sign before he sees the direction we are headed.

I see that as wholly unfair, especially considering your ultimatum as a supporter.

I hope you calm down enough to understand that - like the note in the original post - I never meant to ridicule your position, only the views of those ridiculing Watts for not showing an unreasonable amount of loyalty to his employer.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

guarentee there will be a sack jesse hogan thread next year, it's just how this place works.

Why would we need to if he's already leaving...apparently.

• Like 1