Next Three Rounds Crucial for Craig

Coup Cooper

I think that Neil Craig wouldn't be the worst option to coach the Demons.

But for him to have any chance of getting the job, he has to win the next three in a row.

All very winnable games. North are fragile in the mind, GWS are a rabble and the Gold Coast are a 50/50.

However, if we beat North that would be the catalyst and would create lots of momentum for Craig to coach the Dees. Especially given what cattle he has.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I think that Neil Craig wouldn't be the worst option to coach the Demons.

But for him to have any chance of getting the job, he has to win the next three in a row.

All very winnable games. North are fragile in the mind, GWS are a rabble and the Gold Coast are a 50/50.

However, if we beat North that would be the catalyst and would create lots of momentum for Craig to coach the Dees. Especially given what cattle he has.

Thoughts?

Don't agree. Craig will be judged not on wins this year but the mark of improvement each game, which has been good so far. There is no way we will win the next three in a row and the powers that be will know this. If you think Gold Coast is a 50/50 you are kidding yourself.

I expect a win against GWS and obviously good contests against the other two but I don't think three wins will be a requirement for Craig at all in regards to him coaching next season, especially considering the basket case that he has inherited and the damage caused by Neeld that he has to right.

• Like 4

North at Etihad? No chance.

GWS at Skoda? Should win, but GWS will massively set themselves for that one to be their one win for the year.

Gold Coast at Metricon? Umm... did you hear about last night's game? Or watch when we played them at the G earlier this year? Very doubtful.

Craig would be firmly entrenched as 3rd option behind Roos then Williams, and in front of Eade. Doubt that will change pretty much no matter what happens.

GWS at Skoda? Should win, but GWS will massively set themselves for that one to be their one win for the year.

Gold Coast at Metricon? Umm... did you hear about last night's game? Or watch when we played them at the G earlier this year? Very doubtful.

Craig would be firmly entrenched as 3rd option behind Roos then Williams, and in front of Eade. Doubt that will change pretty much no matter what happens.

Agree with the games, GWS is the only serious chance out of those 3 games.

Not so sure about the order of coaches but think they are all good options, personally would have Eade ahead of Williams.

The GWS game is crucial. It's there grand final and chance for a win.

By default it's also ours.

I don't think Craig gets appointed if we lose to them. If he wins then he at least has a chance.

The Gold Coa$t will smash us into tiny bits up there btw.

That one is not 50/50

Your glass is half empty currently WYL.

Fill it up with something strong.

The GWS game is crucial. It's there grand final and chance for a win.

By default it's also ours.

I don't think Craig gets appointed if we lose to them. If he wins then he at least has a chance.

Going by recent form, I think you can lock us in for a win against GWS.

I think that Neil Craig wouldn't be there worst option to Coach the demons..

But for him to have any chance of getting the job, he has to win the next Three in a row.

All very winnable games.. North are Fragile in the mind.. GWS are a rabble, and the Gold Coast are a 50/50.

However.. If we beat North that would be the Catalyst and would create lots of momentum for Craig to coach the dees.. Especially given what cattle he has...

Thoughts?

we probably would've won if that game was at the G last night, the improvement has been significant, fancy Neeld not rating Fitzpatrick says it all really, my preference is Williams.

I wouldn't have him ahead of Eade. I admire the job Craig is doing but I'd have Eade just ahead of him. Better record and straight out of an elite environment at Collingwood. Pecking order for mine is Williams, Eade, Craig.

Great game by the crows.No Tex,No Dangerfield.

Selwood smashed around his stupid head.

No cheap frees to pull them through.

Hate the Cats and all their sh!te.

I think that Neil Craig wouldn't be there worst option to Coach the demons..

But for him to have any chance of getting the job, he has to win the next Three in a row.

All very winnable games.. North are Fragile in the mind.. GWS are a rabble, and the Gold Coast are a 50/50.

However.. If we beat North that would be the Catalyst and would create lots of momentum for Craig to coach the dees.. Especially given what cattle he has...

Thoughts?

I think Craig is a very capable coach & would prefer him ahead of Williams & Eade at this point.

If the "A" grade coaches think we are to big a risk at this point to take us on, then IMO let Craig coach out his contract thru 2014 with Us... if his contract figures need adjusting, then so be it...

We may be a better option for the "A" grade coaches at the end of 2014, after things seem much clearer with our better players hopefully back from injury & playing fit.

• Like 1

Fair dinkum!

Improvement?

We're kidding ourselves!!

EVERY team that plays against us goes in second gear. North will smash us, GWS will set themselves and Scully will get 40 possies and Ablett will sew up the Brownlow.

Whoever coaches this club MUST be given carte blanche to continue the rebuild and we must recruit MIDS MIDS MIDS!!! I don't give a rats if the NBT in the draft is a 100kg, seven footer - he aint no good to us!!!

This team is full of flashy non-runners that never chase.

Just watching Swans v Eagles and we are daylight away from competing against these two teams.

I want mean, nasty, types that have attitude and grunt. Mitch Clark, where art thou????

50/50 Gold Coast? Fmd..

• Like 1

Don't forget any team that comes back from Darwin does NOT win the following wk.

I think we will be lucky to get within 6 goals of NM.

North are gunna be really pizzed off and who better to beat up on than us.

Bad timing for us

I think Craig is a very capable coach & would prefer him ahead of Williams & Eade at this point.

If the "A" grade coaches think we are to big a risk at this point to take us on, then IMO let Craig coach out his contract thru 2014 with Us... if his contract figures need adjusting, then so be it...

We may be a better option for the "A" grade coaches at the end of 2014, after things seem much clearer with our better players hopefully back from injury & playing fit.

Once we get our mids the rest will fall into place.

and GWS will record their first win only because they are hungrier than our team

There still is desire and effort missing from the Dees and this game will probably show how much

not a certainty

Scott and the Roo boys will be salivating at the notion of playing a Darwin sapped Dees. We will play them back into winning form no doubt.

I doubt Garlo will be avail for a couple of weeks, just a gut feeling I admit

Nth Melb... Will be delighted to find form against us.We cant put 4 qtrs together, neither can they , but they will hold sway

Giants. Youd think this is ours wouldnt you. Possibly will be if they tank...( what do I mean IF !!! lol ) Will make a amess of it still

Suns One G Ablett alone would beat us....and will

Freo ( only game left at the G for year ) We might turn it on for our last hurrah at home, they will turn us off

Crows Fine time to find them in form....at their home... nfw :(

Dogs Might be a very entertaining game (for about 30 mins ) Hate the Dome, and so do the Dees

I see only one win there....and its dubious

But take solace, there'll be a few honorable losses to hang your hats on. whatever that means . I used to think it meant we lost, but the new spin has it different apparently

Can somebody enlighten me why we are scheduled to play North at Etihad as a 'Melbourne' home game [whilst Collingwood plays GWS the same afternoon at the MCG}? Surely they don't beleive that the Pies game is going to pull the crowds likely to put a strain on Etihad! If the AFL was genuine in their desire to help us, surely they could swap games so that we got a genuine home ground adavantage and the maximum number of Dees supporters can enjoy the facilities of the "G" whilst we watch Craig weave his magic!

Can somebody enlighten me why we are scheduled to play North at Etihad as a 'Melbourne' home game [whilst Collingwood plays GWS the same afternoon at the MCG}?

the answer lays within :rolleyes:

Don't forget any team that comes back from Darwin does NOT win the following wk.

I think we will be lucky to get within 6 goals of NM.

North are gunna be really pizzed off and who better to beat up on than us.

Bad timing for us

This. They will hammer us flat.