Melbourne has moved on from Roos

A mate of mine ( well a very good acquaintance if honest.. lol ) is a Tigers coterie member. They love Choco. Credit the step up the team has taken directly to his input. They are quietly hoping Roos does take the job lol.. What the Coaching dept /FD.. might be another thing but they did grab him in the first place .

If its Mr Tammi..so be it, If Choco am happy also.

• Like 1

Alright then. Substitute 'brand' with 'perception'. And yes, our image can be tarnished further by this.

I don't care about that.

Perception is a superfluous and/or superficial reason to do anything.

absolutely we are attractive, someone gets trenners and watts playing like all australians and we do what port has done and they go down as the best coach ever

and the biggest problem i'd say is belief

The biggest problem is the midfield, DF.

I don't care about that.

Perception is a superfluous and/or superficial reason to do anything.

Well perhaps in your eyes but there a re a hell of a lot of things done in this world because of perceptions.

Jobs, fashion, real estate, investments ( and the list goes on...for quite a ways ) are more often than not worked to perceptions. A lot of FOREX trading esp is almost 90% perception 5% quesswork and the rest someone might know something.

To cast aside the value of perceptions and their knock on worth I think is folly.

A lot of people may or MAY NOT invest of their time and /or money to this club depending upon what they consider valid outcomes. A little group called SPONSORS especially fall into this group. Its bang for buck for them.All based upon extrapolated outcomes based upon.......perceptions as of the time.

Keep bashing the brand/( insert call it what you like ) and there is definitely harm done.

Conversely, talk it up, show it off to advantage, create a good vibe about the place and people join in , people spend.

The whole ADVERTISING industry is built upon perceptions.

It mightnt affect your decision making much RPFC but id suggest youre in the minority group of this outlook.

Youre not wrong of course, as it affects you.

• Like 1

I favour Williams if we can't get Roos, however I reckon Adam Simpson has a great pedigree to coach. He captained North, played in premierships, played over 300 games, has done an apprenticeship under Clarkson and has respect as a "players' man".

I accept that this club needs a senior 'head' to change the culture and that another untried coach won't be on the agenda. Pity we aren't the right fit, because I reckon he'll get a senior gig and is made of the right stuff.

I favour Williams if we can't get Roos, however I reckon Adam Simpson has a great pedigree to coach. He captained North, played in premierships, played over 300 games, has done an apprenticeship under Clarkson and has respect as a "players' man".

I accept that this club needs a senior 'head' to change the culture and that another untried coach won't be on the agenda. Pity we aren't the right fit, because I reckon he'll get a senior gig and is made of the right stuff.

Unfortunately most assistants are 'players men' until they step up. That's the hard bit, knowing who can step up but I agree Simpson has done all the right things and has the attributes to be a good head coach.

Unfortunately most assistants are 'players men' until they step up. That's the hard bit, knowing who can step up but I agree Simpson has done all the right things and has the attributes to be a good head coach.

Not at the dees.

The time for taking a punt is long gone.

Only a proven performer will do.

• Like 5

i still have no idea who is going to coach us, but for the first time in a LONG time i feel as though the club has it under control and will get it right.

I'm drinking too.

• Like 2

Not at the dees.The time for taking a punt is long gone.Only a proven performer will do.

I don't think you'll need to worry about that, PJ has explained that experience in a senior role will be required. Any of Williams, Craig and Roos will be very good for us and Eade to a lesser extent.

According to channel 7, Roos has also moved on. To West Coast.

Screw your money and warm weather. Screw you all!

Makes sense, he can also hang out with his mate Ross Lyon.

If this is correct then Roos should have come clean sooner and advised the dees that he will not coach us next season and none of the "at the moment" crapola.

Maybe wrong but maybe Roos was enjoying the spotlight.

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

Fair enough, better we get a desperate choco williams than a half hearted Roos anyway.

• Like 1

I really don't think they are being clever. He won't coach us. Clarkson, malt house, Lyon wouldn't come near us, even when we looked like we had the potential. Roos, has had some oppurtnities at much stronger clubs and said no. Why us? The challenge? Could be a career killer if it goes wrong. I just can't see it happening.

• Like 1

If this is correct then Roos should have come clean sooner and advised the dees that he will not coach us next season and none of the "at the moment" crapola.

Maybe wrong but maybe Roos was enjoying the spotlight

IMO he had an idea that if he was to coach next year the MFC was always running third behind The Lions and Eagles.

The lions look to be back with Voss so he was waiting for the Eagles position to be confirmed one way or the other.

The Eagles have said to him that if their position is opened by JW quitting they want him.

To me this means he has always been waiting for the other teams to confirm one way or the other before he would make any comment.

Again IMO if tomorrow both the lions and Eagles said our coaches are staying he will suddenly start making positive comments about the MFC.

Tell him thanks for the telling us you are not interested and don't call us we will call you.

To me he clearly wants abetter option than the MFc if he is to coach in 2014.