The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I Was talking footy with a Methcoke girl and was surprised by her knowledge, she said "I talk footy, a lot" said her friend had been a physio at the Club and she'd been a member for years, goes on the forum etc. I asked her who from their list she would trade, without a hesitation she nominated Gaff and Shuey. Gaff, she said, "can't handle a tag and needs more upper body strength and Shuey is too slow, we need more pace through the midfield". I didn't say anything but I did think wow. we could be a chance with these boys.

I hope for Gaff already a couple of years in & needs to fillout more,, he is more outside atmo, & we need that run & spread.

get him while he's cheap, before his body fills out & he starts to dominate.

I reckon if we had P7 - P9, it might go close to getting the deal over the line.

Now lets see, trade for a player + (P7 - p9), go for Gaff (P7-9, maybe + a player, or later pick.)

The Saints are struggling at the moment.

2/3 of the club is baying for the coach to be sacked, and the rest wish they could, but actually know the financial strife they are in, preventing his sacking.

They may not get a PP next year, but they need one as direly as we do.

2/3 of the club is baying for the coach to be sacked, and the rest wish they could, but actually know the financial strife they are in, preventing his sacking.

I think the saints & us are in parallel unison. we were in the finals & fell short over 7 yrs back, & back in the 90's... just as they have recently.

and both failed at the final hurdle.

.... to pull apart the flailing cultures that haunt the clubs is painful, & the supporters do not want to agree there needs to be massive change. but without that change,Groundhog day maintains its presence.

to do it quickly, it can tear a club in 2. to do it gradually it may fail to work at all.

thanks Neeldy, now its over to you PR. weave your magic silk.

I've not heard anyone discuss Farren Ray this year. Surely he'd be available.

Perhaps we dodged a bullet on him last year.

He signed a 2 year contract with StK a couple of months ago. Had a pretty good year I think.

I Was talking footy with a Methcoke girl and was surprised by her knowledge, she said "I talk footy, a lot" said her friend had been a physio at the Club and she'd been a member for years, goes on the forum etc. I asked her who from their list she would trade, without a hesitation she nominated Gaff and Shuey. Gaff, she said, "can't handle a tag and needs more upper body strength and Shuey is too slow, we need more pace through the midfield". I didn't say anything but I did think wow. we could be a chance with these boys.

whilst they can both play,i agree with her summing up of the pair of them

Reminds me of statistics I just read

Two out of three marriages ends in divorce

The other one ends in murder

• Like 1

On that note, heaps of Hawks current and former players (Dunstall, Lewis, Franklin etc) were at the races in Sydney yesterday.

Attracted zero interest. From anyone. That might start to irk Buddy after a while.

That's why he's gone there. Free for any extra curricular behaviour without people following him around. And if he misses the girls he probably only has to get the word out he's on 10 mil over the next 9 years. They'll come running for cash if not celebrity.

The story of Buddy deciding Sydney might be right for him after media started camping outside his house after he crashed his car is horribly ironic. If he wasn't doing 90 in a 50 zone and about to lose his licence then the car accident wouldn't have been a story and then the media wouldn't have been outside his house.

The Saints are looking down the barrell and their only young, good player is Jack Steven. He's a gun and we should make a big play with him involving pick 2 if necessary.

You know those two sentences contradict each other.

The saints will trade Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Montagna and the rest of their team before they trade Jack Steven. He's untouchable.

Involving pick 2 if necessary??? It would take 3 pick 2's to get the saints even interested. It would be like us trading Nathan Jones.

You know those two sentences contradict each other.

The saints will trade Hayes, Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Montagna and the rest of their team before they trade Jack Steven. He's untouchable.

Involving pick 2 if necessary??? It would take 3 pick 2's to get the saints even interested. It would be like us trading Nathan Jones.

Exactly. Imagine if a supporter said Jones is our only good player and we should make a play with 'Pick 2 if necessary'. The whole board would go into meltdown.

The gross over rating of our players and under rating of others is nothing new, it's just amplified at this time of the year.

• Like 1

I can't remember if I heard it on SEN but the Saints took a $2mil sponsorship loss due to the off field infractions. Can't remember the exact details

Interesting looking at another website who has gone at pick 2 the last 10 years! Hodge, Cotchin, Coniligio, H Bennell, Naitanui, Trengrove, Gumbleton, Dale Thomas, Roughead, A Walker. A handy group! So do we really want to trade pick 2?

• Like 3

Interesting looking at another website who has gone at pick 2 the last 10 years! Hodge, Cotchin, Coniligio, H Bennell, Naitanui, Trengrove, Gumbleton, Dale Thomas, Roughead, A Walker. A handy group! So do we really want to trade pick 2?

Only for a guy like Shuey or Rockliff who would fit in that list. You also have to consider there's no Jack Martin or Jesse Hogan in this draft so our pick 2 is really equivalent to a pick 4. If this was an untouched draft we'd be looking at one of Hogan, Martin or Boyd and probably not trading the pick. The names in pick 4 aren't nearly as consistent as pick 2's.

• Like 2

I knew I should have checked them all first! Ball a handy player anyway. Also if you can believe what you read? Shuey will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the west.

I knew I should have checked them all first! Ball a handy player anyway. Also if you can believe what you read? Shuey will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the west.

Unless you read the AFL Website which suggests he is open to coming home

It's Trengove. He's our captain.

• Like 5

Also if you can believe what you read? Shuey will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the west.

Weren't you the poster saying we were in box-seat to land Shuey, Demoneyes?

• Like 1