POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

I didn't see the game tonight and have had only a passing look at the stats. Where did we actually win the game, if we got flogged at centre bounces? It sounds like Dawes, Watts and Fitzy did well - was this where we won it?

Our defence was strong. They had no tall tagerts worth kicking it to.

Our mids did a great job to break about even with theirs.

Gawn nullified Minsons dominace. Our tall forwards were great. Held marks they usually spill. Even Fitzy played with confidence after kickinga great goal from the boundry.

Gawn was spent by 3 quarter time. I have never seen a player that worn out. He looked like he was about to fall over. Minson started to win every tap with strength and ease and Cooney, Griffen and Libba were unstoppable around the packs.

The worst was when he said this is the first game Sylvia has ever tackled in, and claimed that 'the 2 tackles Sylvia just had are probbaly his first in years'

What a little midget loser Shaw is, Sylvia is one of our most prolific tacklers and always has been.

Pre-game he stated that the Club was yet to have a win.

thanks, Chook. If our forward press worked, and it has rarely worked all year, how bad were the Doggies in the first three quarters?

You know how most weeks Melbourne players turn it over regularly coming out of defence, as if they're intentionally kicking to the other team's players? It was like that, except somehow it was the opposition doing it instead of us. I thought I was dreaming.

• Like 5

We won it because of our forward press. We got repeat inside 50s because the Dogs couldn't dispose of it going out of there defensive arc.

And our backline shat all over their key forwards. Who was Frawley even playing on?

We were rooted in the middle from the first bounce. Gawn is nowhere near fit enough to actually play as first ruck and Minson outplayed him in the centre square all night. Couple that with our two decent mids (Jones and Rodan), to the handful of very good players they had rotating through there, and you can see why it was always going to be a battle to win four quarters.

That we actually dominated 85% of the game is a huge credit to us and we should be happy with what we produced. We can build from this.

Anyone who doesn't think Neeld was ruining this team, is blind. We are a different side and guys like Watts are new players. It gives me hope when before I had none.

• Like 2

I can't stand the commentary and I use that term very loosely of Derm, butt face shaw, BT, Ricuto as they add noting but like the sound of their own voices.

At least Ricciuto keeps an eye on what's going on in a game, I reckon he's ok. Taylor though is a whole different story.

• Like 2

Nouns name people, places, and things. Every noun can further be classified as common or proper. A proper noun has two distinctive features: 1) it will name a specific [usually a one-of-a-kind] item, and 2) it will begin with a capital letter no matter where it occurs in a sentence.

• Like 1

Absolutely. He just needs to work on his kicking about 3 hours every day, for the next 365 days (as well as everything else he does)

I thought Nicos kicking had improved tonight.

Don't get me wrong he still needs to work on it but there was improvement.

Cool, but they're also words as well.

Yeah I know how it all works now.

A win and I learned some stuff I should have learned in grade 4. I'm happy and more complete as a person, super day!

• Like 3

Nouns name people, places, and things. Every noun can further be classified as common or proper. A proper noun has two distinctive features: 1) it will name a specific [usually a one-of-a-kind] item, and 2) it will begin with a capital letter no matter where it occurs in a sentence.

Who cares we won we bloody won

Edited by DemonOX
  • Like 1

It doesn't happen every week angrydemons as we have NEVER been up by 44 points.

We basically had the same mids all game (ie not changing players cause we lack mids) hence why we tired badly.

We still won and that's the main thing.

my point is not that we are up 44 points every game, my point is good patches in games where we have played well then been smashed, exp 1st qtr v pies, even first qtr, then smashed by 80 points, another exp, we won 1 qtr v hawks, smashed by 90 points, v tigers, won first qtr, beaten by 34 points, only 10 points behide west c, the losing by over 90 points, maybe now u get my point.

• Like 1

It's actually gunna be nice to go to work this Monday and be happy that the dees won.

When they say u only won by 3 I will say but we won who gives a shite by how much WE WON ya dick head.

Yeah I know how it all works now.

A win and I learned some stuff I should have learned in grade 4. I'm happy and more complete as a person, super day!

For a bloke with some Latin in his sig it must be a great relief to finally understand the difference between a noun and a word :) Edited by frankie_d

We play Sydney next week and whilst we may struggle a bit it is not that long ago that we beat them in Melbourne one Sunday afternoon. Lets hope Goodes doesnt play.

I think our fitness could be a problem based on the last quarter.

Without Cale Morton we dont have anykne to matchup on Goodes.

• Like 1

Right, but they're also words. I can't stress that enough. It's really important. Like, way more important than the fact that we won tonight for the first time in what seems like forever.

Forever...that's a noun too. But it's also a word. See? Simple.

• Like 1

my point is not that we are up 44 points every game, my point is good patches in games where we have played well then been smashed, exp 1st qtr v pies, even first qtr, then smashed by 80 points, another exp, we won 1 qtr v hawks, smashed by 90 points, v tigers, won first qtr, beaten by 34 points, only 10 points behide west c, the losing by over 90 points, maybe now u get my point.

Don't be a smart arse I got your point and I understand what u are saying but hey it could have been worse we could have lost.

Yes we had a big lead, yes they kicked a bag full against us like the other teams u have mentioned above but we WON

We have to enjoy it for what it is and work on the bleeding goals side of the game.

For a bloke with some Latin in his sig it must be a great relief to finally understand the difference between a noun and a word :)

Garrr!!! There is no difference. It's like knowing the difference between a rooster and a chicken!

And our backline shat all over their key forwards. Who was Frawley even playing on?

We were rooted in the middle from the first bounce. Gawn is nowhere near fit enough to actually play as first ruck and Minson outplayed him in the centre square all night. Couple that with our two decent mids (Jones and Rodan), to the handful of very good players they had rotating through there, and you can see why it was always going to be a battle to win four quarters.

That we actually dominated 85% of the game is a huge credit to us and we should be happy with what we produced. We can build from this.

Anyone who doesn't think Neeld was ruining this team, is blind. We are a different side and guys like Watts are new players. It gives me hope when before I had none.

Agree. It's almost like they're playing out of their skins just to reinforce how much they disliked the guy. Watts a few weeks ago stated there were no leaders on the list like other clubs, but tonight he felt like being one of those leaders. What [censored] was Neeld feeding to these players?

Edited by SloonieMcFloonieloone
  • Like 1

I didn't see the game tonight and have had only a passing look at the stats. Where did we actually win the game, if we got flogged at centre bounces? It sounds like Dawes, Watts and Fitzy did well - was this where we won it?

Our backing up and 2nd and 3rd efforts were excellent. We look like a team that is sick of losing. If we were a bit sharper with our skills, we would have been a lot further in front at 3/4 time.

The thing that stood out was our teamwork and how we shared the ball. We switched the play a lot. Only real knock was that we went long to a contest a few times when we didn't need to. We need to use the hit up mark a fair bit more.

We also need to get better at hanging on to the ball but last week and tonight was a vast improvement. The players seemed to position themselves well and we ran hard to position on many occasions.

Our overall skills were much better and we looked a lot more confident as well. We just ran out of legs - not surprised really (when considering how hard we ran in the first 3 quarters)

We played for each other and there looked to be some great camaraderie out on the field.

• Like 1

So many possessions.

So much of the play.

So many inside 50s.

So many goals to jump and down about.

Haven't enjoyed a game like that for ages!

Go Dees!

Ps. I don't think we ran out of legs - I think we thought it was all over and basically came to a standstill.

Thank god they hung on.. it was so good to sing the song again...

• Like 1

Garrr!!! There is no difference. It's like knowing the difference between a rooster and a chicken!

A rooster is male and a chicken is female isn't it chook!!!

U should know CHOOK!!

• Like 1