Carlton

I must be getting old as Ross's Father was one of my favourite players back in 82.

As a MFC supporter we all will be use to pain and suffering and no one is able to do more damage to the MFC then its own staff, board, members and supporters.

How do supporters do damage?

Carlton have been developing a side of great potential for a number of years.

At the Twilight of 2012 the greater powers of the Blues made the call that their Coach who's exceptional work developing a list had become redundant with a greater need for a strategic-minded, Grand Final-winning Coach. So they got that Collingwood guy, Mick.

To many it looked like a perfect transition for both Carlton and Mick; Brett Ratten had taken his stellar list as far as he could and now it was time for a man with more ideal skills to step in and take this Carlton team into their final Act.

Upon Mick's arrival he found himself all but satisfied with this hyped-up list of Blues. He resigned himself and Carlton to the fact that there were some substantial gaping holes in this list. He has confronted some players and their approach to standards, played some out of their usual position, and there is talk of substantial change to a list that once held such promise.

Sound familiar?

Good to see Roos rejected the coaching position when first was offered it.

Hopefully he doesn't do the same to us.

How do supporters do damage?

By not making the board accountable for their actions.

Just wanted to post that I dislike Carlton nearly as much as Collingwood.

I know it not the theme of this thread but I just had to do it.

I want to see the MFC kick Carlton butt every single time it plays them.

The most interesting thing about Carlton is how thoroughly uninteresting their list is.

Once Judd retires they are well and truly boned. They have a very surprising lack of depth in their VFL side. No forward line, workmanlike backline, much-hyped but ultimately timid ruck division (Warnock & Kreuzer), their midfield is better than us because of one M Murphy.

Their tweener forwards remind me of the countless failures of Essendon to replace Lloyd 5-10 years ago (C Johns etc).

With Gold Coast you can see the potential for them to 'step up' into the Top echelon of teams. Carlton you simply can't. I will be extremely impressed if Mick can get a Top 4 finish out of that list.

Anyone else enjoying the sight of Mick Malthouse looking a bit like a stunned mullet during the second quarter tonight?

No wonder watching players like Gibbs not putting his body on the line. I've watched him closely tonight and he's a dead set pea heart.

Anyone else enjoying the sight of Mick Malthouse looking a bit like a stunned mullet during the second quarter tonight?

Yeah, but 'Jack' it's disappointing that both sides can't lose.

It will be better if no one trades with Carlton this year, their list is not that good. Judd, one or two years left. Scotland their most consistent player over the last number of years nearly out the door. Waite can't stay on the park. Average back line, no forward line without Waite. A few good mids.

They could be on a rebuild after this year. Ratten maybe not so bad???

• Like 1

I think Kreuzer has escaped the flack thrown at Jack Watts but IMO he's been the most ... er second most disappointing #1 draft pick (after Voldemort) in the past decade.

I would be interested to know how many games voldemort has won over his time, his record wouldn't be looking very well.

Perhaps Ratten wasn't that bad of a coach, certainly the mighty MM hasn't squeezed anything else out of the players. Reckon I'd look in his direction should Roos or Craig not have the job sown up. Not sold on either Rocket or Chocco,

• Like 1

Lesson 1

Beware the messiah coach on $1.2m

Lesson 2

Carlton have something like 6 top 3 draft picks and are still hopeless

Just shows- draft picks are useless and you need your whole club on the same page to have sustained success. By that, I mean you can't have tanking (melb, wce, carlton), you can't have supplements or injection program's (that will not last) and you can't have a team built on trades or top ups (st kilda, bulldogs) it just doesn't work. You need a club on the same page, from CEO, to marketing, development and recruitment built on trust, hard work, confidence and patience. Hawthorn Geelong, Sydney and collingwood. It's not the game plan that's necessary to follow, it's the "brand" wide development and protocol.

I don't understand why Kruezer doesn't cop the attention that Watts does.

They were just talking about him on mmm. Garry who we all know isnt fond of ruckmen pointed out Kruezer is up against a 35 year old tonight and is getting beaten. He also said he doesnt do a enough around the ground.

Dunstall said he isnt a superstar like other people say he is and is he being scrutinised because he is the number 1 pick.

I guess because over the years Carlton havent been getting beaten like we have and they have made finals.

...and why would you play Murphy with a broken cheekbone, he didn't want to go near a contested ball all night and who would blame him.

By the way, anyone know how a bike helmet protects a cheekbone?

• Like 1