WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

No I think you should be ashamed of yourself. That post is a f'n disgrace.

This bloke played for the club, gave his all and came back to try and get success for us. He did his best. Was moved to the marketing side where he helped raise a lot of money and interest in the club by speaking to groups of kids at schools, supporters, possible supporters etc. He then took the fall for the club, over tanking, which he was not the only one involved. He has not complained. His career has been tarnished. His life has been affected.

Everything he did, he did for his club.

You want his Life Membership cancelled and you call him a disgrace.

Mate YOU ARE A DISGRACE and you owe him an apology.

It's called ignore function RD, does wonders!

I doubt there will be many left after this year WYL regardless. It's been a downward spiral ever since JM was moved on and the 186 debacle. The executive then backed the CEO over the playing group and that was it. If the shitty treatment of JM wasn't enough to make them feel ostracised then the decision to back CS was IMO the final straw for some within the senior group like Beamer, Rivers and Green. This is the moment the club slowly started to lose it's soul, spirit and fight on the field IMO. The introduction of MN was simply the icing on an already rotting cake.

I have to disagree with you on this one Red. Sometimes you have to fight and stand up for yourself no matter what the financial cost. By not fighting, sometimes the outcome is worse than any financial impost, that is on the spirit, on the soul i mean. The outcome can be too dispiriting and impact heavily in many ways that will result in an even worse outcome in the long term. Football is a business i realise but in many ways it survives on it's supporters and their spirit/soul and willingness to keep committing year after year to the cause.

We gave up the fight way to easily IMO. Our name has now been tarnished forever as most outside the club believe we cheated our way into a No.1 draft position. If you took a poll on the MFC supporter base around the time of the saga i think you would have found they would rather have had us fight this one to the death. Imagine the impact this would be having on us trying to garner new sponsors for example. Can't be an easy sell, even for those few who might still be willing to consider us as a prospective marketing proposition.

I am reminded of a solid Thin Lizzy song here - Fight or Fall (probably the greatest "Live" classic rock band i've had the pleasure of witnessing) .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1OQtgS9YNg

Rusty that is exactly what i have been thinking as the counter.

Well written.

Pedo, gillies, byrnes, rodan. Well spent...

Not really, the delisting of Moloney, Pettard, Rivers, Green, Martin and others would have easily covered their unworthy salaries I hope. The war chest was just another brilliant piece of fantasy spin by Schwab to buy time until he could get a contract extension for himself and his mate IMO. Perhaps they walked away with the lions share of it if it ever existed?

• Like 2

Didn't we get Dawes and Clark with it?

I wouldn't count Clark. The war chest was last seasons spin. Dawes is a great pick up but we paid a big premium when our only rival was the Bulldogs for his services.

If we want to turn the list over we have for choices - bring in kids, being in vfl players, bring in reject players or bring on afl standard players.

The first 3 pl options will result in is getting belted but are cheap, the last option means we must pay overs but could be competitive.

I'd rather pay overs.

Tonight was a classic "Melbourne" game. It is a reason i wanted the club to fight last summer. Fight for it's honour.

We chose to lay down, & i can understand why that was done BUT, it causes another ingrained problem.

The Board & Admin did not fight so why should the playing list??

Tonight with real fight they would have won. 4 points.

Kids enjoy seeing the demons.

The team was ok tonight, but ok doesn't cut it in the AFL.

Schwabs strategy of list management has left this playing list in a very bad way.

We need Paul Roos & his assistants next year.

A lesser coach will not turn this club around mentally which is what it is.

Edited by why you little

If we want to turn the list over we have for choices - bring in kids, being in vfl players, bring in reject players or bring on afl standard players.

The first 3 pl options will result in is getting belted but are cheap, the last option means we must pay overs but could be competitive.

I'd rather pay overs.

We have to pay overs mate. 3 years of beltings will finish this club.

We have to start fighting hard. On & off the field.

• Like 1

Like I said PJ summed up his position perfectly OTC , he never took a fall for the club, the investigation was centred around your MATE cuddles the joker, YOUR mate that disgracefully got rid of our club legend junior mac , he treated him putridly and he should be [censored] ashamed of himself, I don't see PJ going out of his way to have a beer with YOUR mate cuddles but he's making time for junior, that upset a lot of people with the way James was treated, CC did some work and was payed handsomely and in the end he got a 2 year payout from the AFL, yeah he's a good bloke that Chris.

You are a real keyboard hero pal. The investigation was centred around Tanking and you know it. The CC Vault comment came out in about October after the investigation was going nowhere and a certain ex employee lagged on the club, volunteering the info about CC's comment. It hadn't been discussed up until then. That was told to me by someone who read every word of the report and was involved with our defence.

So CC on his own gets rid of Junior did he? Junior was 34 and had massive problems with injury and CC is the only one in the club that wants him to retire. Not the list manager, not the coach, not the assistant Coaches, only CC. Why don't you make the same remark about everyone who got rid of any good MFC player who was at the end of his career.

And you know CC has got a two year payout from the AFL do you?

Yes CC is a mate of mine. At least I have some.

Who would want to try and do anything to help this club with supporters like you?

• Like 8

Tonight was a classic "Melbourne" game. It is a reason i wanted the club to fight last summer. Fight for it's honour.

We chose to lay down, & i can understand why that was done BUT, it causes another ingrained problem.

Schwabs strategy of list management has left this playing list in a very bad way.

I honestly don't think Roos will coach us wyl.

Chocco will be our man and he can turn this club around and will WANT to be there (not be convinced to do the job)

Are you serious?

Are you suggesting we didn't try?

If we had of kicked 7.3 instead of 3.7 and a few out of bounds from our set shots we would have won.

Kent kicked 2.4, Byrnes Kicked 1.5, Grimes missed from 20m, Tapscott missed a couple , Fitzy missed from 20 out right in front.

We also turned the ball over again horribly.

Lastly our best goal chance Watts who had 2 already was then played back for the rest of the game.

Did you watch the game tonight?

I am positive everyone else who saw the game would agree with me.

You are suggesting we didn't try because we didn't take the AFL to Court early this year. Gee, unbelievable.

How can you possibly say we didn't try tonight?

• Like 2

Are you serious?

Are you suggesting we didn't try?

If we had of kicked 7.3 instead of 3.7 and a few out of bounds from our set shots we would have won.

Kent kicked 2.4, Byrnes Kicked 1.5, Grimes missed from 20m, Tapscott missed a couple , Fitzy missed from 20 out right in front.

We also turned the ball over again horribly.

Lastly our best goal chance Watts who had 2 already was then played back for the rest of the game.

Did you watch the game tonight?

I am positive everyone else who saw the game would agree with me.

You are suggesting we didn't try because we didn't take the AFL to Court early this year. Gee, unbelievable.

How can you possibly say we didn't try tonight?

Close enough is not good enough Red. That is the point.

GC had 1 fit player on the bench during the 4th Quarter & we could not go in for the kill.

And yes i think the off field culture of the past does effect the players when the moment to go that extra % is encountered.

That's back to back losses to the new Franchaises.

The culture within the walls of my club is still very sick.

Bad kicking has always been bad football. Most of those shots should have been nailed.

Edited by why you little

Redleg. There's as much use in arguing the point here as there is is with debating 9/11 truthers.

I thought tonight was a good pointer to a future under a new coach and only an imbecile would suggest we weren't trying tonight. I think Neil Craig would be resigned to not having the gig in 2014 but he really coached well tonight. We blew it in about 2½ minutes of football, the last minute of the third quarter (Nicho misses and they bring it forward and kick a goal seconds before the siren) and the first minute and a half of the final quarter when they kicked 2 quick ones. Of course there was our poor kicking for goal in the second half (5.11 - 8.3) but we had Clark, Dawes & Howe missing from the forward line (with Hogan to come) and James Frawley missing from defence and a handfull of others who might also claim a spot in the team including Mark Jamar in the ruck with Max the future in that area.

Tonight shows we can still turn things around next year with an established coach at the helm and a new crop of draft picks.

Roos, Choco or Eade could well get the club up quicker than some might think.

• Like 2

You are a real keyboard hero pal. The investigation was centred around Tanking and you know it. The CC Vault comment came out in about October after the investigation was going nowhere and a certain ex employee lagged on the club, volunteering the info about CC's comment. It hadn't been discussed up until then. That was told to me by someone who read every word of the report and was involved with our defence.

So CC on his own gets rid of Junior did he? Junior was 34 and had massive problems with injury and CC is the only one in the club that wants him to retire. Not the list manager, not the coach, not the assistant Coaches, only CC. Why don't you make the same remark about everyone who got rid of any good MFC player who was at the end of his career.

And you know CC has got a two year payout from the AFL do you?

Yes CC is a mate of mine. At least I have some.

Who would want to try and do anything to help this club with supporters like you?

If PJ thought Your mate cuddles had value he would be welcomed back, says it al really, the truth hurts some people, get over yourself , PJ is in charge now and he hasn't got time for your mate, good riddance I say.

Tonight we showed alot of promise, no question but the mentality of the place needs to shift, we lost a winnable game, that's not good enough.

• Like 2

If PJ thought Your mate cuddles had value he would be welcomed back, says it al really, the truth hurts some people, get over yourself , PJ is in charge now and he hasn't got time for your mate, good riddance I say.

I am ok with what PJ does I just object to your post. If PJ doesn't t want CC back that is his call. I just object to your post where you want CC treated like a murderer.

I don' t need to get over myself, this is not about me. This is about a vicious attack on a former player/official of the club.

I am ok with what PJ does I just object to your post. If PJ doesn't t want CC back that is his call. I just object to your post where you want CC treated like a murderer.

I don' t need to get over myself, this is not about me. This is about a vicious attack on a former player/official of the club.

Maybe your great mate could apply for a job back at Fremantle, oh wait we all know how that ended as well.

Seems to me there is no profit in bickering about past mistakes ( unless they can guide us for the future)

I don't know nothin about nothin but I hope PJ is identifying the best next-season coach and negotiating favourable terms with the AFL who surely want to reduce toward zero the total number of basket cases around the grounds

It is annoying there are still so many in denail that we did not tank. We did and it is no use in clouding it in legal gobbledegook to pretend we didn't and try to rewrite history. The matter was resolved in house wisely and we were stone cold guilty because we coughed up the fine and people were suspended. The other big losers for the monumental errors of CS and CC beside ourselves are all the lawyers and QC'c who missed out on big legal fees. The head in the sand and victim mentality still lives with some supporters at this club despite many changes for the better recently.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

No we shouldn't have gone to Court as it would have been time and cost wasting, even though we would have won. As Blistering says in post 2089 we had to also consider Vlad the Vengeful.

Also we actually negotiated a complete walk away, other than CC getting a paid holiday. We were found NOT GUILTY of tanking, we copped a fine, that as I said in February the AFL would eventually pay and they are. We will get $2.7-$3m from them for next year. That will pay the fine and salary payouts and leave some for the kitty.

We got a smack on the hand and as that ended it, everyone was happy, except CCand DB, but we are still in the AFL good books.

How will the Bombers fare in the future, if they take on the AFL?

Redleg you were right and just to defend Connolly from some of the more scurrilous and unfounded allegations against him. Some posters should know better but lack the faculties.

But I disagree that we were in the AFLs good books.

We were definitely under close watch given the tanking enquiry, the Trengove drug fiasco ( which still has to be settled) and the line ball financial state of the Club. We weren't in the good books.

I can't think of dumber idea than MFC taking the AFL to court. You were right to oppose that for the reasons given. The same idiots that proposed that also welcomed the AFL taking us over in effect six months later. Amazing