WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

if we go untried im done

there is no chance I will be giving my hard earn't to the club to pay out another flop

I think I am going the same way deeflog.

I would have a very empty feeling if we went down this road again especially considering the great success we have had to date!

He said it OTC we NEED an EXPERIENCED coach

thats right..Thats what Id be holding him accountable to.

I actually can't understand why it's not an easy decision as crazy as that sounds, Paul Roos is target number one i think everyone agrees on that, and if he says no, it's Choco, Eade or Craig

Ratten should also be seriously considered although i'm not sure he will be.

I am totally opposite to excited Jumbo.

We will have to agree to disagree.

To give u some idea of the reaction in my household when I advised them that an inexperienced coach was a possibility was:

Kids - If we get another untried we are done. My son adds I really don't like following Melb its really hard atm. Kids are young.

The Mrs - They have got to be kidding themselves, what a joke, u can not be serious. After all the great decisions in the last 7 yrs u would think they would learn from it.

So as u can see not a positive response.

Also don't think other supporters would be to excited by this either.

On the contrary, my household crew look underwhelmed by an Eade, or a Williams, or heaven forbid, a Ratten.

Young guns, contemporary mindsets, modern game theorists...that's what this list needs.

I have the 2014 Membership form on the coffee table waiting.

If the club appoint another untried newbie it will not be paid.

WE MUST GET THE BEST. ALL OF US HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE ....FOR TOO LONG.

I'm starting to think along the same lines.

Would be interesting to know how many of us would do the same?

• Like 2

Who is your preference WYL?

Nice thought b but in all seriousness how would we hold him accountable?

Simples.. id write him telling him hes failed his mandate and I wouldnt be a member in 2014.

Journeys of a 1000's of miles etc

Me too wyl.

Either another untried or Alan Stockdale as president will be the deal breaker for me.

God forbid both.

Honestly I don't think either will happen while PJ is CEO and the AFL have their hands on the levers

So keep the c card handy wyl you are going to need it.

• Like 1

To be honest if we went untried again I think it would be the death of the club.

Everyone thinks we are going for an experienced coach and apart from jr we are all expecting it.

We are in to much of a perilous state to risk it on a newbie IMO

Who is your preference WYL?

Paul Roos is the only one who can sort this mentally shot list.

Bailey was to soft, although he had his hands tied by the admin.

Neeld completely obliterated what he gad.

Mclardy gave him "carte blanche"....

Paul Roos is the only one who can sort this mentally shot list.

Bailey was to soft, although he had his hands tied by the admin.

Neeld completely obliterated what he gad.

Mclardy gave him "carte blanche"....

Yeah i think you're right, i hope i am wrong but i feel as though we're going to have to have another total rebuild if we don't get Roos

Yeah i think you're right, i hope i am wrong but i feel as though we're going to have to have another total rebuild if we don't get Roos

I think we are going to have another rebuild no matter who gets the job.

We are bursting with second and third raters.

We have currently a VFL premiership winning side.

I think we are going to have another rebuild no matter who gets the job.

We are bursting with second and third raters.

We have currently a VFL premiership winning side.

Yeah i tend to agree, going to be ten or more list changes i imagine

it has to be a coach that when we're 3-7 next season the only thing that cant be questioned is whether the coach is any good. its the constant debate on whether its the coach or the players , when we are losing that creates so much doubt and instability in the minds of the members, players and media. we get roos or eade then, ... it aint the coach.

a proven coach then has the time to hold course and follow through on his plans without the blowtorch being turned up on him.

last year Neeld was getting torched by the media by round 10. if we had malthouse we still wouldve been 0-10 most likely but the spotlight wouldve been solely on our list not the coaches ability. i dont believe neeld was on the right path but regardless his lack of runs on the board meant that he was never going to have the opportunity to see his plan unfold.

thats why a proven coach is VITAL.

Edited by Munga
  • Like 1

it has to be a coach that when we're 3-7 next season the only thing that cant be questioned is whether the coach is any good. its the constant debate on whether its the coach or the players , when we are losing that creates so much doubt and instability in the minds of the members, players and media. we get roos or eade then, ... it aint the coach.

Don't know about you but i'm not sure Eade would solve that problem :/

I've moved on.

Many on here need to do the same.

Time for a new coach that oozes respect and knowledge. Not a tired Eade, or Williams, or (shudder) Ratten.

Jr by their very nature someone who has not been to very near the top does not ooze respect and knowledge.

Who did you have in mind may I ask?

Got it one Munga

I've moved on.

Many on here need to do the same.

Time for a new coach that oozes respect and knowledge. Not a tired Eade, or Williams, or (shudder) Ratten.

It is a very good chance that the best coach in 5 to 10 years time is still playing or an assistant somewhere. Pehaps sitting under our nose. But there is no one on earth who can confidently crystal ball who it may be. Going this way will mean taking another punt on an untried but this time we cant afford to to get it wrong again. We need an experienced coach aided by by the best possible assistants until we are back on our feet. Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3